ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

Bullying and friends issue

Reply
 
Thread Tools
erikanyam Female
Less Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 138
  #1 Old 17-04-2011 Default Bullying and friends issue

What would you do if you see one of your friends is a victim of bullying?If you choose to help your friend,you will attract more enemies,but you don't want your friend relationship end just because of this issue.Do best friend will give us a helping hand no matter how worse the condition is?Do you ever find your best friend in this world?Do you have a friend that is very bored and quiet? They want us to talk to them first and this makes me have to squeeze my mind to find a topic of discussion everytime I want to talk with her.
__________________
mini but mighty
erikanyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Dominic Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 853
  #2 Old 17-04-2011 Default Re: bullying and friends issue

Back in school, I have stopped several people from bullying my friends, but mainly because I know the bullies well, though we're not that close. They respect me in a way, so it's much easier to negotiate. If my best friend is getting beaten up, I'll definitely help, though seeing as he's a much better fighter than me, I probably won't be of much use. But to those who can't fight back, I try to help as much as I can. It helps that I am rather well-known in my school, by both the students and the teachers. The teachers like me, and I'm also a prefect, so anyone who comes after me has to contend with those two issues.

And of course I have a best friend. A few in fact, because they change when I left school for college. And I'm the guy who waits for others to talk to me, but this way, I get to know people who honestly are interested in being friends with me. Having a best friend is way better than not having one, because you'll have someone to confide in, someone to talk to when you're down, and basically someone who understands you better than anyone else. It's a great feeling.
__________________
"But what do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?"

And thus laments the hopeless romantic that is yours truly.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
KenT13
Slightly Senior Member
 
KenT13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 559
  #3 Old 17-04-2011 Default Re: bullying and friends issue

In school, i'm the one who always bully people. i kick, punch, stab, drag, slap, and try to kill as well. For me it is a way to relieve stress. I don't care who i bully, i just randomly catch someone and start the process,and i don't care he or she that i'll beat. At the end, i get to enjoy the comfort of air-conditioning in headmaster's room. Headmaster is my friend because i knew him very well since i started bullying few years ago.Then i got addicted. Everyone in school knows me well, i've been caned live on stage. So, literally i'm my school's imfamous celebrity. Everywhere i go, people stare at me, maybe it's because i have a muscular body and frightening eyes. I like to bump on people's shoulder, if they come and confront me, i know it's exercise time. i'm a tall and burly person, i eat a lot.

Recess is the best part of school time. I get to cut-queue at any stall, whether it's nasi lemak stall or nasi goreng stall. I just sit wherever i wanted. If i couldn't find a seat, i just tap on some students shoulder, they know what to do next. Without using my mouth muscles, they'll just spare the place for me even if they have not finished their meal yet. So, they'll stand and i'll sit. I do snatch food from people sometimes when i get very hungry especially after sports activities. My favourite is drumstick, it's long and big, so it's easy to snatch from ppl's plate.

Prefects are not a problem to me. They're afraid of me too. For example, i don't need prefects to direct me to the class after assembly, i just go randomly in direction. My merit marks is a school record. No one gets lower than mine. In fact, it's so low it reaches negative, so my dicipline teacher decided to have mercy on me. He just disposed demerit summones to the bin and give me a few strokes instead. My butt's flesh is as elastic as rubber band. There's hardly any feeling when teachers hit me. Sometimes they hit too hard and the rattan cane just snap under my butt. . . the feeling is itchy rather than pain.

My parents are very close to the teachers as well, the always come to visit me at school, literally, they just came to settle my freshly-made problem. Teachers, i do pity some of them especially female teachers because i made some of them cried. Even old and experienced teacher cannot resist me. they just let me sleep in the class. My rank in school is very high, there's no need for me to ask for permission or excuse myself when i go to the washroom. I simple walk out. Washroom is like a wet world for me, thanks to the location of the sink and the door which is close to each other. I like to wait for students to fall in my trap. What's my trap? I press my finger hard on the tap, then when someone enters the toilet, i let the highly pressurised water flow in between my finger and tap hole, the results is a fountain of water spraying innocent students. Bonuses for that, after i wash my hand, i sprinkled water or i just slam my hand hard on their back. It leaves my handprint on their white shirt. Depending on the teacher, i rarely disturb the class when the teacher is teaching. I'm good at aiming. Probably as good as an Olympian. I trained throwing random stuff like paperballs, paperplane, eraser, pens, and even water bottles. I'm good, i just aim at their hair, but it's already enough to annoy them.


Well guys, this is probably a biography of those hardcore bullies, not me!. I have to say i'm a victim of bully when i was in primary school. I know the feeling of getting bullied so i don't bully. I'll try to rescue ppl from bully but often fails. I'm just writing this out because i'm bored-.- lolz
__________________
Join The Bananas Club ! Banana!!

Last edited by KenT13; 17-04-2011 at 04:50 PM.
KenT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
joan2468 Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer
 
joan2468's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 255
  #4 Old 17-04-2011 Default Re: bullying and friends issue

I was a bully victim for two years straight back in primary school, and another two years in secondary school. I have to say that although it did toughen me up considerably, it has also tainted my view of humanity with cynicism and bitterness. Thankfully that is beginning to be remedied.

It was always the same two boys who'd bully me in primary school. The worst was in standard 5, when the teacher placed one of them right next to me in class. Every day was a nightmare. It was a combination of childish yet still-hurtful name-calling with added little physical hurt. Nothing much was actually done to stop them, though times did come up where I got so fed up that I started crying in class. So I had to live through it. I was just fortunate that I had a friend I could depend on to support me.

In form 2 a bunch of my friends deserted me because I apparently complained too much about what I was worried about. And so I faced a more psychological aspect of non-violent bullying, where I was called names, badmouthed behind my back, and ousted by many of the girls in the entire form, because that bunch happened to be the "popular crowd", the form ringleaders. And again I had a friend who supported me through it.

By form 4 I had found safety in another group of friends, and they have been wonderful to me so far. I can't think of a better group of friends than the one I'm a part of now.
joan2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
erikanyam Female
Less Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 138
  #5 Old 17-04-2011 Default Re: bullying and friends issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenT13 View Post
In school, i'm the one who always bully people. i kick, punch, stab, drag, slap, and try to kill as well. For me it is a way to relieve stress. I don't care who i bully, i just randomly catch someone and start the process,and i don't care he or she that i'll beat. At the end, i get to enjoy the comfort of air-conditioning in headmaster's room. Headmaster is my friend because i knew him very well since i started bullying few years ago.Then i got addicted. Everyone in school knows me well, i've been caned live on stage. So, literally i'm my school's imfamous celebrity. Everywhere i go, people stare at me, maybe it's because i have a muscular body and frightening eyes. I like to bump on people's shoulder, if they come and confront me, i know it's exercise time. i'm a tall and burly person, i eat a lot.

Recess is the best part of school time. I get to cut-queue at any stall, whether it's nasi lemak stall or nasi goreng stall. I just sit wherever i wanted. If i couldn't find a seat, i just tap on some students shoulder, they know what to do next. Without using my mouth muscles, they'll just spare the place for me even if they have not finished their meal yet. So, they'll stand and i'll sit. I do snatch food from people sometimes when i get very hungry especially after sports activities. My favourite is drumstick, it's long and big, so it's easy to snatch from ppl's plate.

Prefects are not a problem to me. They're afraid of me too. For example, i don't need prefects to direct me to the class after assembly, i just go randomly in direction. My merit marks is a school record. No one gets lower than mine. In fact, it's so low it reaches negative, so my dicipline teacher decided to have mercy on me. He just disposed demerit summones to the bin and give me a few strokes instead. My butt's flesh is as elastic as rubber band. There's hardly any feeling when teachers hit me. Sometimes they hit too hard and the rattan cane just snap under my butt. . . the feeling is itchy rather than pain.

My parents are very close to the teachers as well, the always come to visit me at school, literally, they just came to settle my freshly-made problem. Teachers, i do pity some of them especially female teachers because i made some of them cried. Even old and experienced teacher cannot resist me. they just let me sleep in the class. My rank in school is very high, there's no need for me to ask for permission or excuse myself when i go to the washroom. I simple walk out. Washroom is like a wet world for me, thanks to the location of the sink and the door which is close to each other. I like to wait for students to fall in my trap. What's my trap? I press my finger hard on the tap, then when someone enters the toilet, i let the highly pressurised water flow in between my finger and tap hole, the results is a fountain of water spraying innocent students. Bonuses for that, after i wash my hand, i sprinkled water or i just slam my hand hard on their back. It leaves my handprint on their white shirt. Depending on the teacher, i rarely disturb the class when the teacher is teaching. I'm good at aiming. Probably as good as an Olympian. I trained throwing random stuff like paperballs, paperplane, eraser, pens, and even water bottles. I'm good, i just aim at their hair, but it's already enough to annoy them.


Well guys, this is probably a biography of those hardcore bullies. I have to say i'm a victim of bully when i was in primary school. I know the feeling of getting bullied so i don't bully. I'll try to rescue ppl from bully but often fails. I'm just writing this out because i'm bored-.- lolz

I am fortunate enough for not bullying by the people like you.Do you know that your action can lead other people to live a suffering life in this world?Are you feel proud to be a "famous"person in your school?Like you guy,they only appear in the bottom of the class.I am not looking down at you because you don't have a good manner for other people to respect you so tell me how can you cope well with your studies?I still remember when I was in Form 4,I study at the second class due to the failure to achieve straight A in PMR(I only get 7A1B).I was bullied by a group of boys which I called them as monkeys because their attitude and behaviour is no difference between animals and man.They always call me nyam nyam..sedapnya because my name is Nyam Mong Li.I don't like the way they tease at me and I even showed my gloomy face to them,they ignore about it .I am a girl and how shameless I was been teased by them.My school teachers are very useless and kiasi type(afraid of die),they just keep it silence although they knew the truth.During the recess,I always go to the canteen to buy the tomyam mee.Then,they relate my first name (Nyam) with the tomyam.They did not call my name when they need my help instead they call me tomyam and nyam nyam.When I surreptitiously eating food in the class when the teacher haven't entered the class yet,they would look at me like never ever see people eating food in the classroom before.In fact,my whole classmates everyday bring food container to the classroom to share their food with each other.I am very sad and depress ,and I asked my mum the reasons why the guys in my school are so mean.After that,my mum said you owed them a lot in Preexistence and she want me to endure it till the end of form 4.What is wrong with me???I did not do anything wrong to them!!!My mum advised me to study hard so that you can go to the first class and stay far away from them.In the end,I managed to go to the first class and it really reduced my worries for going to school everyday to face the monkeys in the past.When I get bullied by people,not even one of my friends will stand out and help me. I WANT TO SAY IS THAT TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO BULLY WEAK PEOLE,I REMAIN SILENCE DOES NOT MEAN THAT I AM AFRAID OF YOU.You succed to bully me because you have a lot of evil supporters behind you.You left to the victim of bullying is not sweet memories,but the dark shadow in their life.


kENT13,I keep my finger crossed that you will be able to change your habit of like to bully people because that is not a good habit.Imagine that Ikick, punch, stab, drag, slap, and try to kill you as well,what is your feeling right now?I bet that you will have phobia inside your heart without your realize.Anyway,it is never too late to change your behaviour.
__________________
mini but mighty
erikanyam is offline   Reply With Quote
KenT13
Slightly Senior Member
 
KenT13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 559
  #6 Old 17-04-2011 Default Re: bullying and friends issue

Nono, you misunderstood. i'm just writing for someone that bullies. i don't bully-.-zzz

Chill man, i'm just writing a story of i dunno who. i'm not a bully-.- zzz

Make it simple for you to understand, i created the story. zzz
__________________
Join The Bananas Club ! Banana!!

Last edited by KenT13; 17-04-2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
KenT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
erikanyam Female
Less Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 138
  #7 Old 17-04-2011 Default Re: bullying and friends issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Back in school, I have stopped several people from bullying my friends, but mainly because I know the bullies well, though we're not that close. They respect me in a way, so it's much easier to negotiate. If my best friend is getting beaten up, I'll definitely help, though seeing as he's a much better fighter than me, I probably won't be of much use. But to those who can't fight back, I try to help as much as I can. It helps that I am rather well-known in my school, by both the students and the teachers. The teachers like me, and I'm also a prefect, so anyone who comes after me has to contend with those two issues.

And of course I have a best friend. A few in fact, because they change when I left school for college. And I'm the guy who waits for others to talk to me, but this way, I get to know people who honestly are interested in being friends with me. Having a best friend is way better than not having one, because you'll have someone to confide in, someone to talk to when you're down, and basically someone who understands you better than anyone else. It's a great feeling.

It is so hard to find a friend like you who would help us when we are in the worse condition.What you amazed me the most is your courage to fight the right for your friend.I noticed that most of the guys are very talkative and this would make them look smarter than the girls but you are the shy guy.I haven't met such guy in my school yet ,maybe it was because my school is consist of evil-hearted and impolite guys.I can tell you that I use 17 year to find a sincere friend ,the answer is very dissapoint me.None of them are cup of my coffee,they used to act good in front of you,at the back they say the different things and talked bad behind me.When they have secrets,they only shared among them.So,I can considered that I am outsider.Two of my friends keep saying that they usually did not study at home and they only study when nearing to the exam,I know they lie at me actually!!!They look very tired and exhausted every morning in the school.Their results are better than me everytime in the school exam . A genius also need to work hard just can be a successful person in the world.But,I could not figure out the reason why they want to cheat at me ???Do they see that I am innocence little girl?When I have problems,I solve it by myself. Sincere friend is very hard to find.Congratulations to you for having a best friend in your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenT13 View Post
Nono, you misunderstood. i'm just writing for someone that bullies. i don't bully-.-zzz

Chill man, i'm just writing a story of i dunno who. i'm not a bully-.- zzz

Make it simple for you to understand, i created the story. zzz

Oh I see.Sorry for misunderstood you,I hope you would forgive me.Excellent story you have written,the story is so real that you make me assume that you are the kind of people love to bully other weak people.hahaha...

Joan2468 ,late a bit just reply your message.
__________________
mini but mighty

Last edited by erikanyam; 17-04-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
erikanyam is offline   Reply With Quote
KenT13
Slightly Senior Member
 
KenT13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 559
  #8 Old 17-04-2011 Default Re: bullying and friends issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikanyam View Post


Oh I see.Sorry for misunderstood you,I hope you would forgive me.Excellent story you have written,the story is so real that you make me assume that you are the kind of people love to bully other weak people.hahaha...

Joan2468 ,late a bit just reply your message.
Ahaha, i like to write stories. In fact, when it comes to English essay, i'm pretty good at it.
__________________
Join The Bananas Club ! Banana!!

Last edited by KenT13; 18-04-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Be humble.
KenT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
yiling Female
Member
 
yiling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 171
  #9 Old 17-04-2011 Default Re: bullying and friends issue

I'm ashamed to say I was a bully when i was in primary school. When i recall back those moment when i was making fun of the girl in my class, i feel regretted and was angry how foolish and childish i am (in fact i'm a child last time). And yes I'm a girl, you can say i'm ganas or wat.

When i was in standard 1, I remember i bullied a girl. She's very inferior and introvert girl. She doesnt talk to others. My friends and I make use of her weakness and bullied her by saying bad words to her. She did not do anything to us, or even report to the teachers. She bore with it. I remember we laughed at her, teased her and make fun of her. I did not know would this gain satisfaction for me, but seriously when i recall this issue, i would feel really regret, no other thing can replace my remorse towards that girl. And yes, i was 7. What i did may result in serious consequences on her, maybe causing her unwilling to go to school again or serious depression. How childish and unthoughtful i am. We were not in the same class in year 2. Don't know how she is now.

I was a teacher's kid, a No.1 in class student, a good girl in front of teachers, that's why i was selected to become a prefect in year 2. And thank god i was chosen to be a prefect. Being a prefect taught me how to be a student's leader, how to be more matured, how to lead others, how to become a role model for others, how to treat others well regardless their personalities. I started to feel sorry for that girl in year 2, but didnt get to see her. Maybe she's hiding from me? There's just no chance for me to say sorry to her again.

I was a good student until standard 6. Again, i dunno how she triggered my interest on bully. She was a good student, and she straight away transferred from a normal class to the first class. Maybe i was jealous? I don't know. My friends and i again, made fun for her, teased her and even changed the song lyrics to something about her and sing at her. OMG I'M SO EVIL! She didnt even angry at us, maybe she's angry but she didnt show it on her face. I remember i was happy bullying at her that time. But some how, when i know she's going to the same secondary school as I am, i stunned. How am I gonna face this girl for the next 5 years. And i realised my faults. I did not say sorry to her, i couldnt spit that word out. I started to treat her better, try to know more about her, and joined the same club as hers. But some how, whenever i see her face, i would still remember the things i've done to her. She's also an introvert girl. She doesnt have many friends though. After starting to know more about her, we were friends in the secondary school. But after some separation coz not in the same class, we got apart but still remain as hi-bye friend. I was happy because i managed to turn some1 i bullied last time as my friend. And i realised my faults.

In a big secondary school, I meet friends around KL and selangor. All the elite ones are in my school, i'm not one of the best anymore. And I become humble. Probably i'm fierce or tall, i've never faced anymore bully in my secondary school life. I love my secondary school life, everyone is my friend. I dont do bully anymore, maybe my mentality has been more matured when i enter secondary school. But i see many bullying cases happening in school everyday. Although it's just some minor bully, this could cause big impact on those being bullied. Like last two years of my high school, there's a girl in my class who're introvert and she has a weird personality. Yes, no joke. She's stressed up, attend tuition almost everyday and she behaves weirdly. She's not good-looking, she's fat, her handwriting is ugly, she has an imaginary friend. I do approach her to know more about her and try to be friends. But whenever i see or hear someone bullies her, i did not dare to stand up and point at them because I WAS A BULLY TOO. Another reason is because the bullies are my friends. I dont want to lose this friend because of that friend, i remained silent.

Until, last half year before spm. She acted very weird! She would cry suddenly, non-stop. Her mum took her home during school time very often. She's on medication. Teachers also paid extra attention to her. No one knows what happened to her as she doesnt want anyone to know about it. But from these symptoms, it's very obvious. I didnt know what has caused her to be resulted like this. Probably peer pressure, spm pressure or what. But i do believe the bully is part of the reason. She got tired easily because on medication. She cried non stop because she cant control it. She acts weirdly because she's dunno wat's right or wrong. She just need someone there to point it out for her.

So BULLIES out there, you dont know how serious the consequences is when you're gaining satisfaction or happiness from the person u bullied. You could gain short term satisfaction, but the person who was bullied gains long term trauma. Be in their shoe and you'll know how bad it feels, how hopeless they are and how arrogant you're acting. Me myself was a bully last time, and i was really regretted. You don't like the person, you can choose not to talk to him/her. But dont express you dislike with words at that person, you will just be hurting another innocent person.
yiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yiling For This Useful Post:
CelineD Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer
 
CelineD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 160
  #10 Old 17-04-2011 Default Re: bullying and friends issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikanyam View Post
What would you do if you see one of your friends is a victim of bullying?If you choose to help your friend,you will attract more enemies,but you don't want your friend relationship end just because of this issue.Do best friend will give us a helping hand no matter how worse the condition is?Do you ever find your best friend in this world?Do you have a friend that is very bored and quiet? They want us to talk to them first and this makes me have to squeeze my mind to find a topic of discussion everytime I want to talk with her.
Hi gal

When I saw this question of yours, I can't help but feel for you.

I think that if you truly value that friend of yours, despite her weaknesses, you should stand up for her. I know, this is a very brave thing to do, as you risk losing the popular majority who don't agree with you, but trust me, your friend will thank you for it, and she may even trust you much more than ever before. Is it worth gaining the trust of the popular, who may not be doing what's right, than the gift of genuine friendship? Numbers are intimidating, I know, but for the sake of your friendship, fight for her.

I was in your shoes, too. I have made the mistake, more than once, at a younger age, for turning my back on my friends who were teased or bullied because I was so afraid of the rejection of the so called popular girls. In the end, not only did I lose the respect and trust of my original friends, but also the acceptance of the popular ones. They were just using me to win their case at that time.

About your friend, I actually felt a tinge of guilt when you described her as bored and quiet -- are you describing me? I have been described as such. Haha I'm improving though.

Your friend seems to be a passive person -- where a passive person waits for people to make the first move. However, these people can also be a treasure trove when you actually take the first step to get to know them better. For all you know, your friend is not as bored and quiet as you think! ;) I would suggest when you talk to her, find out what she likes and ask about them. That way, you show interest in her life, and she will start to open up to you in time
__________________
...Cherish youth while it lasts, and live your passion :) [quotes of a teenage dreamer]

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bullying, friendship

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New here...friends? Anyone??? RagingBull ReCom Chat Forum 10 16-08-2010 10:02 PM
Would you tell your friends your Mensa Admission? Alextakashi Education 17 13-03-2010 02:59 PM
Happy Tree Friends, UPM Style! andrewlza Education 2 22-07-2006 11:36 PM
~* The Art of Communicating and Making Friends iQing Walking Along the Path of Life 52 14-03-2005 03:53 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.16011 seconds with 15 queries