ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

View Poll Results: How is the Quality of PILN/PIDN result 2011?
Satisfying. Supportive towards the Public Service Department's stand. 6 7.14%
Satisfying. Yet a little doubtful if there are other more ideal approaches to make ends meet.. 9 10.71%
Neutral stand. I don't know anything about this. 6 7.14%
Not satisfying. There are other ways to make this scholarship parallel to colour-blind policy. 23 27.38%
Not satisfying. They MUST consider approaches to address the appeals, ignorance is not acceptable. 21 25.00%
TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! The scholars list MUST be abolished and another list should be published. 19 22.62%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Cerav Male
Less Junior Member

#21 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

i don't understand the situation clearly. So please tell me. Did the straight A students didnt get a scholarship or they only got local?
Cerav is offline   Reply With Quote
MrHoww Male

#22 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerav View Post
i don't understand the situation clearly. So please tell me. Did the straight A students didnt get a scholarship or they only got local?
Not just straight A, even straight A+ students obtained Matriculation scholarship from JPA, while some of them get Diploma scholarship and some can't get anything. These are the 403 straight A+ students!! The 400 places provided to cater the merit-based section of this scholarship is completely gone insane, the 400 places are enough for 300++ students who obtained straight A+ but at the end they end up with such disappointment. While those who obtained 4A+ or 5A+ are able to get scholarships to France, Germany, UK, Australia etc.. Where is the problem? The responsibility can't be blamed.

Another issue is that the quota for bumiputera this year is exaggerating compared to past years, 70% to 80% of the 1500 scholars are bumiputera. The colour-blind policy introduced by our Prime Minister is totally neglected during the selection process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xon View Post
Unacceptable for me to note that Local Matrikulasi is an option as JPA Open Scholarship.

Firmly thinks that color-based policy should be abolished from the entire education system and public service sector in our country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjiahui View Post
I kinda disagree. Color-based policies (affirmative action) policies should not be entirely abolished because they really do help the bumis. The implementation of it for personal benefit is just really skewed. Yes - but whatever it is our education system clearly needs a revamp.
FYI, the bumiputera protection and priority agreement was first signed with the condition lasted for 15 years. Later on, when the date was going to expire, they extended it to 30 years. Subsequently, a PERMANENT period of this agreement is implemented.

I listened to the news this morning that our Prime Minister stated that the subsidy of petrol prices is similar to addiction to nicotine or tobacco. Once the citizens get addicted, they can barely get rid of it. Why don't they compared it to the Bumiputera protection and priority agreement?? It is way too addictive, it's quite late to retreat this offer. Government can't continuously helping a group because it would result in negativity as the group gradually becoming passive in their life. Before you succeed, you must encounter hardships. Continuity of overwhelming assistance will obstruct the path to success.

The Louvre Palace, my hope, my fear.
Le palais du Louvre, mon espoir, ma peur.
May you make my dreams come true?
Peut-tu realiser mes reves?
Let the star shines,
Que les etoiles brillent,
To illuminate my dreams.
Pour eclairer mes reves.
Merci beaucoup a Neutral-ph pour ton aide!!

Last edited by MrHoww; 19-05-2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MrHoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Garfield93 Male

#23 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHoww View Post
Not just straight A, even straight A+ students obtained Matriculation scholarship from JPA, while some of them get Diploma scholarship and some can't get anything. These are the 403 straight A+ students!! The 400 places provided to cater the merit-based section of this scholarship is completely gone insane, the 400 places are enough for 300++ students who obtained straight A+ but at the end they end up with such disappointment. While those who obtained 4A+ or 5A+ are able to get scholarships to France, Germany, UK, Australia etc.. Where is the problem? The responsibility can't be blamed.

Another issue is that the quota for bumiputera this year is exaggerating compared to past years, 70% to 80% of the 1500 scholars are bumiputera. The colour-blind policy introduced by our Prime Minister is totally neglected during the selection process.

FYI, the bumiputera protection and priority agreement was first signed with the condition lasted for 15 years. Later on, when the date was going to expire, they extended it to 30 years. Subsequently, a PERMANENT period of this agreement is implemented.

I listened to the news this morning that our Prime Minister stated that the subsidy of petrol prices is similar to addiction to nicotine or tobacco. Once the citizens get addicted, they can barely get rid of it. Why don't they compared it to the Bumiputera protection and priority agreement?? It is way too addictive, it's quite late to retreat this offer. Government can't continuously helping a group because it would result in negativity as the group gradually becoming passive in their life. Before you succeed, you must encounter hardships. Continuity of overwhelming assistance will obstruct the path to success.
wish u best for your appeal.. btw, when would you be able to know your appeal outcome?

Q:What is the definition of human beings?

A:Human being is a creature who cuts trees,make them into papers and write 'Go Green,Save the Earth' on the same paper
Garfield93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Cerav Male
Less Junior Member

#24 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

But didn't all straight 8A+ students get a scholarship?
Garfield93 Male

#25 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

yes. but.. diploma and uhhh.. matrics probably wasnt what they had in mind.

Q:What is the definition of human beings?

A:Human being is a creature who cuts trees,make them into papers and write 'Go Green,Save the Earth' on the same paper
Garfield93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hebkya Female
Less Junior Member

#26 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

I got 8A+ and 2A...no A-!!!!but I ended up getting matrix which I have been offered earlier before jpa result!!!I can't believe that I got the same thing.what's the point of applying jpa when you know that you will end up having matrix AGAIN???????I just want to study medicine ,that's all!!!!I even participate in voluntary work,active in school's ko-k!!!!!People getting A- or less A+ than me are getting a scholarship to study medicine!!!And those who didn't apply for medicine,end up getting medicine!!!Why??Why me??Why scholarships are given to those who didn't appy for that particular course????why???
Hebkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Cerav Male
Less Junior Member

#27 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

But even though its a scholarship isn't it? The prime minister specifically said that all 8A+ and above will get a scholarship but he didn't specify scholarship abroad.

Isn't scholarship money for student to study?

What is wrong about studying in Malaysia?(i'm curious thats why i asked)

Isn't it much better? We are ensuring that the brain drain issue is slowly being eradicated.
Hebkya Female
Less Junior Member

#28 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Well,studying in Malaysia is ok to me.the thing is if we can't secure a place in local uni,NO MORE JPA!!!!!!It's another round of GAMBLE!!!!
Cerav Male
Less Junior Member

#29 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebkya View Post
I got 8A+ and 2A...no A-!!!!but I ended up getting matrix which I have been offered earlier before jpa result!!!I can't believe that I got the same thing.what's the point of applying jpa when you know that you will end up having matrix AGAIN???????I just want to study medicine ,that's all!!!!I even participate in voluntary work,active in school's ko-k!!!!!People getting A- or less A+ than me are getting a scholarship to study medicine!!!And those who didn't apply for medicine,end up getting medicine!!!Why??Why me??Why scholarships are given to those who didn't appy for that particular course????why???
Because the quota has been reached.
Hebkya Female
Less Junior Member

#30 Old 19-05-2011 Default Re: The Quality of PILN / PIDN result 2011.

well,at least they give me a local uni but must be a medicine scholarship...my friends who did poorer than me and less active in ko-k get to study medicine in local private uni.me?matrix only...work damn hard for it!if give me local private uni,I also very happy...but...haiz.....really disappointed!!