ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Window to the World

Window to the World Discussions of global issues and latest news.

Dominic's Dominion of LGBT Issues

Young Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#71 Old 04-11-2011 Default Re: Dominic's Dominion of LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by surayahamdan View Post
In all honesty, I just find Seksualiti Merdeka another good example how democracy and the slogan 'human rights' can be exploited due to its lack of definition on moral values. It just strengthens my disgust of the system, and the more quickly it is scrapped off from this sick and rotten society, the better.
Moral values have always been relative; society has never been built upon an objective set of moral values (save a few ubiquitous ones such as no killing, stealing etc, but even those aren't entirely objective). Instead, morality almost always adapts to current societal expectations. I don't think it's fair to label the sexual liberation movement as another aberration of democracy and human rights; I think it's just another case society progressing faster than morality can evolve, giving rise to the need of a reformation. It's not unlike the feminist movement or the anti-slavery movement before that.

Last edited by Young; 04-11-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Young is offline   Reply With Quote
surayahamdan Female

#72 Old 04-11-2011 Default Re: Dominic's Dominion of LGBT Issues

I don't find bending down to one's uncontrollable urges to have sex to be anywhere near the term "progress". More like lack of self control. In fact, considering that these uncontrollable sexual urges have become a plague in far too many societies long before the current one existed make it even anti-progress.
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#73 Old 04-11-2011 Default Re: Dominic's Dominion of LGBT Issues

Quote:
I don't find bending down to one's uncontrollable urges to have sex to be anywhere near the term "progress". More like lack of self control. In fact, considering that these uncontrollable sexual urges have become a plague in far too many societies long before the current one existed make it even anti-progress.
I find it thoroughly amusing how you condensed the entire gay rights movement to something as simple as 'uncontrollable urges to have sex' and 'lack of self control'.

As you wish then. Perhaps a little more background reading will do more good before you dish out something this judgmental.

#74 Old 05-11-2011 Default Re: Dominic's Dominion of LGBT Issues

I find it more amusing that you conveniently assume that I was targeting gay rights movements when there is absolutely no reference to that anywhere in my post.

Also, I wasn't here to entertain your childish retorts. Come back with a better response than "more background reading" or just stay quiet in your cave.
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#75 Old 05-11-2011 Default Re: Dominic's Dominion of LGBT Issues

Quote:
I find it more amusing that you conveniently assume that I was targeting gay rights movements when there is absolutely no reference to that anywhere in my post.

Also, I wasn't here to entertain your childish retorts. Come back with a better response than "more background reading" or just stay quiet in your cave.
errr... this thread is an LGBT thread. if you're not talking about LGBT, i have no idea what you're talking about. so please enlighten us, thanks.

Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy.
~Henry Kissinger

(looking for people to parler franšais! PM me!)
ayjiahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Young Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#76 Old 05-11-2011 Default Re: Dominic's Dominion of LGBT Issues

Quote:

You must be really familiar with caves then, since you know that I'm from one and I don't.

Oh that's right, you're a troll. My bad.

#77 Old 05-11-2011 Default Re: Dominic's Dominion of LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjiahui View Post
errr... this thread is an LGBT thread. if you're not talking about LGBT, i have no idea what you're talking about. so please enlighten us, thanks.
Sure, I will enlighten you.

I was talking about the Seksualiti Merdeka event, not gay rights movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young View Post
You must be really familiar with caves then, since you know that I'm from one and I don't.

Oh that's right, you're a troll. My bad.
Yes, I'm good at recognizing people who lives under the rock, a cave or whatever habitat that may metaphorically define a seemingly unintelligent, uncivilised, and/or primitive human being; especially when they start name-calling after getting all too emotional over some internet arguments.

Last edited by surayahamdan; 05-11-2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
surayahamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
ayjiahui Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#78 Old 05-11-2011 Default Re: Dominic's Dominion of LGBT Issues

Quote:
Sure, I will enlighten you.

I was talking about the Seksualiti Merdeka event, not gay rights movement.
.... which happens to revolve a lot around the LGBT movement, if you haven't noticed. especially since this year's theme talks about homophobia/transphobia. so it wasn't that big an assumption now was it?

Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy.
~Henry Kissinger

surayahamdan Female

#79 Old 05-11-2011 Default Re: Dominic's Dominion of LGBT Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjiahui View Post
.... which happens to revolve a lot around the LGBT movement, if you haven't noticed. especially since this year's theme talks about homophobia/transphobia. so it wasn't that big an assumption now was it?
imnotsurehowtoproperlyrespondtoyouayjiahuimyutmost concernregardingseksualiti merdekaisthefactthattherearemuslimsouttherethatare openlysupportingtheeventif youwanttowakeuponedayandassumethatseksualitimerdek agayrightsmovementsandlgbtarethreeofthesamewellhav eityourwaythen
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#80 Old 05-11-2011 Default Re: Dominic's Dominion of LGBT Issues

Quote:
imnotsurehowtoproperlyrespondtoyouayjiahuimyutmost concernregardingseksualiti merdekaisthefactthattherearemuslimsouttherethatare openlysupportingtheeventif youwanttowakeuponedayandassumethatseksualitimerdek agayrightsmovementsandlgbtarethreeofthesamewellhav eityourwaythen
surayahamdan, i think your spacebar is faulty. you might want to check your keyboard.

~Henry Kissinger

Last edited by ayjiahui; 05-11-2011 at 12:07 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ayjiahui For This Useful Post: