ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Cheryl_pink Female
Super Junior Member

#31 Old 04-03-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

I'm not from KL. According to the previous years post, most of them hand in the application form personally to the Singapore Embassy. Since it is quite impossible for me to hand in the application form personally, I'm quite unsure where should I send it to.
Should I send all the 4 copies to the Singapore Embassy in KL??
Is it the Singapore High Commission??
Help me please.... I'm confused.
Cheryl_pink is offline   Reply With Quote
vanithavesna
Super Junior Member

#32 Old 04-03-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl_pink View Post
I'm not from KL. According to the previous years post, most of them hand in the application form personally to the Singapore Embassy. Since it is quite impossible for me to hand in the application form personally, I'm quite unsure where should I send it to.
Should I send all the 4 copies to the Singapore Embassy in KL??
Is it the Singapore High Commission??
Help me please.... I'm confused.
You're right.You have to submit all the four copies of the application form and the supporting documents at the High commission of Singapore at KL.It is located at Level 15 of "The Icon" building.It has been stated that 4 copies of the documents must be sent to the Singapore High Commission
"through the relevant agency responsible in our country ".I'm not quite sure how that works but I think it is better to submit them personally.
The location of the embassy shown in your link is the right one.The full address is

High Commission of the Republic of Singapore
Level 15, West Wing
The Icon, No.1, Jalan 1/68F
Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia
vanithavesna is offline   Reply With Quote
Masterming Male
Super Junior Member

#33 Old 04-03-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_princess View Post
Hi,

I am a STPM 2011 student.
They stated that :
The scholarship is open to applicants who have not gained admission and are currently not studying at the Singapore Universities.

Does it means that we do not have to apply for admission to NUS or NTU, and just apply for the scholarship?
Is it same for ASEAN Scholarship too? That we don't have to gain an admission to the university?
If you receive this scholarship, you also automatically gain a place in NUS/NTU without applying entrance at these 2 universities. However, you can also apply for this scholarship and to NUS/NTU separately.

I recommend the second option. First, averagely only 3 ppl from Malaysia get this scholarship per year, so is better in the sense that you can still gain entry even if you failed in this scholarship. Secondly, ASEAN scholarship actually shortlist ppl for the scholarship from the entry application list, so if you apply directly, you might still get ASEAN if you don't get this. Just be consistent with your course choices for all of these 3 application.
Masterming is offline   Reply With Quote
dyzlee
Super Junior Member

#34 Old 05-03-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

hei, would like to confirm one thing, in de faq section of the sg scholarship website, it s written there that i need copies of my birth certs n passports, so wat bout my ic? do i need to submit them too? n oso in de form, de number of rows available for academic awards n co-curricular activities r limited, n we r also required to submit supporting documents for wateva we wrote in the rows, but oso in de faq section, we r asked to sbumit copies of academic awards n co-curricular activities cert for de past 4 years, so do we submit oni copies related to wat we wrote, or wateva certs we got de past 4 years? oso, wat bout school leaving cert? it's not written there but i feel that it's important.

Last edited by dyzlee; 05-03-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: miss out sth
dyzlee is offline   Reply With Quote
dolpin122 Female
Super Junior Member

#35 Old 08-03-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Hey everyone! =)
I've got questions.

1.About the application form..the academic and financial awards only have 4 rows but i have 5 things to put in...must i strike one out? or can i squeeze them in?

2.Oh and also...the essay must it be exactly between 300-500words? i've got 502 T.T

3. Do i yank all 4 sets of the application form plus certs etc into one envelope or 4 envelopes?
dolpin122 is offline   Reply With Quote
vanithavesna
Super Junior Member

#36 Old 08-03-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolpin122 View Post
Hey everyone! =)
I've got questions.

1.About the application form..the academic and financial awards only have 4 rows but i have 5 things to put in...must i strike one out? or can i squeeze them in?

2.Oh and also...the essay must it be exactly between 300-500words? i've got 502 T.T

3. Do i yank all 4 sets of the application form plus certs etc into one envelope or 4 envelopes?
1.It's better not to squeeze in anything just put the best four among the five.If you have already filled in the four rows and still wanna make a change i suggest you don't strike anything (trust me ,striking a line on the form and re-writing it doesn't look pretty on the form )

2.i posed the same question a while ago and this was the answer given by masterming
"I know a friend who wrote a 3 page essay about his grandmother and manage to get into the interview stage. But I highly recommend you NOT to exceed the 500 words stipulated. I think they put the limit there to avoid reading 10 thousand word essays and to level the playing field. "
So I think an extra two words is not gonna be a problem.

3.I put all the four copies in four different envelopes and chunk them in a bigger envelope.I just wrote "APPLICATION FOR SINGAPORE SCHOLARSHIP" on top left corner of the big envelope but the guy at the embassy asked me write down my name and contact number too.
The Following User Says Thank You to vanithavesna For This Useful Post:
johnconnor Male

#37 Old 08-03-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanithavesna View Post
I put all the four copies in four different envelopes and chunk them in a bigger envelope.I just wrote "APPLICATION FOR SINGAPORE SCHOLARSHIP" on top left corner of the big envelope but the guy at the embassy asked me write down my name and contact number too.
Ah. So you have submitted your application already. Congrats! You're half way there now. I'm doing some finishing touches on my essay and I'll be good to go, too. =)

Last edited by johnconnor; 08-03-2012 at 01:21 PM.
johnconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
vanithavesna
Super Junior Member

#38 Old 08-03-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnconnor View Post
Ah. So you have submitted your application already. Congrats! You're half way there now. I'm doing some finishing touches on my essay and I'll be good to go, too. =)
Yep.I feel much relieved now.Submitted the forms last friday. Gd luck
dolpin122 Female
Super Junior Member

#39 Old 08-03-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

oh i see..thanks a lot! =)
Good luck to you too vanithavesna!

Is it advisable to submit early?
dolpin122 is offline   Reply With Quote
vanithavesna
Super Junior Member

#40 Old 08-03-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolpin122 View Post
oh i see..thanks a lot! =)
Good luck to you too vanithavesna!

Is it advisable to submit early?
Thanks dolpin122
well you have plenty of time to submit the forms since the deadline is 26th March but if you have prepared everything and you're satisfied with your essay then why wait?