ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

LaLaLaKenz Male

#81 Old 30-04-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Hi, anybody got SG scholarship after awarded ASEAN too ? is it possible ?
LaLaLaKenz is offline   Reply With Quote
dolpin122 Female
Super Junior Member

#82 Old 30-04-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnconnor View Post
No I haven't. I'm pretty sure why they haven't, though.

Epic awesome. Well if I were you I'd rather call back and confirm the interview time. It's a really really good chance to learn from the interviewers, I'm sure.

So what, nobody is interested in chatting/getting to know each other before/after the interview? Chances like this don't come by often you know.
THey told me...mine's may 4th..
i don't think i can meet up with you guys lar....distance is a BIG prob
dolpin122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Johnivan Male

#83 Old 01-05-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaKenz View Post
Hi, anybody got SG scholarship after awarded ASEAN too ? is it possible ?
I am definitely sure that one who gets awarded ASEAN will not be awarded SS Scholarship, and vice versa. They check each other to ensure there's no overlaps.

A few links worth checking out:
My Life Story
Further Mathematics T Blog (2003-2011 Syllabus)
Johnivan is offline   Reply With Quote
llyjohor Male
Less Junior Member

#84 Old 01-05-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnivan View Post
I am definitely sure that one who gets awarded ASEAN will not be awarded SS Scholarship, and vice versa. They check each other to ensure there's no overlaps.
May I ask where did you get the information from?
llyjohor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to llyjohor For This Useful Post:
JasonOng Male
Super Junior Member

#85 Old 01-05-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

I got the interview too =) Funny they did not e-mail any of us.. my friend and I got a call from them too. They were kinda impatient when informing us though.... Oh well.. @@
(Mine is on 4/5/2012 @ 12pm)

Anyway, I would like to ask what should we bring for the interview? Only original certificates and documents? Should we do research about what they are going to offer us just like how we prepared for NTU ASEAN scholarship interview?

PS: Seniors Johnivan and Sugan, do we really need a strong co-curiculum to be offered the scholarship? How did you fare in your Pre-University Studies =)

Sincerely, Jason
JasonOng is offline   Reply With Quote
johnconnor Male

#86 Old 01-05-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonOng View Post
Weird. Is nobody going on the 3rd of May?
Quote:
Anyway, I would like to ask what should we bring for the interview? Only original certificates and documents?
I wasn't told to bring my certificates and documents, but I'll bring them anyway.
johnconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Johnivan Male

#87 Old 02-05-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by llyjohor View Post
May I ask where did you get the information from?
By experience. Friends who got rejected by SS Scholarship interview get ASEAN, and those who got ASEAN don't get SS Scholarship. They are given from the same government, remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonOng View Post
I got the interview too =) Funny they did not e-mail any of us.. my friend and I got a call from them too. They were kinda impatient when informing us though.... Oh well.. @@

Anyway, I would like to ask what should we bring for the interview? Only original certificates and documents? Should we do research about what they are going to offer us just like how we prepared for NTU ASEAN scholarship interview?

PS: Seniors Johnivan and Sugan, do we really need a strong co-curiculum to be offered the scholarship? How did you fare in your Pre-University Studies =)

Sincerely, Jason
It differs from batches, my batch were called, my juniors were e-mailed. I brought all my documents for the interview, and a few pieces of them turned out useful, at the end of the session. Bear in mind that this scholarship has slightly different aims and goals compared to ASEAN: (1) you are asked to return to your home country to 'serve'; (2) you are given 3 choices of NUS, NTU & SMU.

Sometimes, try putting yourselves into the shoes of the interviewers: If I were to choose students to come to my country to study, what kind of students do I want? By answering that question, probably you'll know how to prepare for it. My seniors had really tough questions like "what do you think of the bandar Iskandar development?", while I had quite easy questions like "what were you doing during your holidays?". Show them that you know your stuff, you know what you're doing, you know why you chose what you did. Determination, yeah.

My batch was quite competitive. My 2 other friends, 1 is a superb badminton player and Olympiad Maths scorer, the other is a national debater and top MUET scorer. I was the only who took Further Maths T my year as a government candidate, so we all have something special. Sugan, at the time near the interview is still representing Malaysia for some Chemistry olympiad thingy too. I've got a senior who knows French, and generally, our spoken English are good. So yeah, just some hints of who got it, and your interview can make a big difference.

A few links worth checking out:
My Life Story
Further Mathematics T Blog (2003-2011 Syllabus)

Last edited by Johnivan; 02-05-2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Johnivan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnivan For This Useful Post:
dyzlee
Super Junior Member

#88 Old 02-05-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

johnivan, for my case, i m offered ntu asean, but i'm still called for singapore scholarship interview, though i'm called for the interview b4 i'm actually offered asean, so does that mean that i wont b eleiglble for singapore scholarship aedi? is there a point for me to attend de interview now? cos i'll still prefer a scholarship to nus
dyzlee is offline   Reply With Quote
LaLaLaKenz Male

#89 Old 02-05-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Hi, i got NTU ASEAN for my first choice in NTU, NUS gave me my 2nd choice, with interview too . I have decided to take the NTU offer.
I am called for SG scholarship interview, should I go for the interview ?
I have got ASEAN scholarship for my course. Will they give SG scholarship to anybody offered with ASEAN ?
LaLaLaKenz is offline   Reply With Quote
llyjohor Male
Less Junior Member

#90 Old 02-05-2012 Default Re: Singapore Scholarship 2012/2013

Hi all. I just called Singapore High Commission and ask them about Singapore Scholarship.

The officer told me, ASEAN scholarship is given out by respective university,not given out by Singapore Government. So those who got ASEAN Scholarship can still go for interview of Singapore Scholarship, as this scholarship is given out by Singapore Government, so there will be no conflicts or overlapping between these two scholarships,namely, Singapore Scholarship and ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship. You may also want to refer to the email or details of ASEAN scholarship by NTU, it clearly states that ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships are offered by NTU.

That's the information I got from the officer. Pls do call and confirm if you still have any doubts.Hope it helps btw the no. of SG High Commission is 03-21616277

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzlee View Post
johnivan, for my case, i m offered ntu asean, but i'm still called for singapore scholarship interview, though i'm called for the interview b4 i'm actually offered asean, so does that mean that i wont b eleiglble for singapore scholarship aedi? is there a point for me to attend de interview now? cos i'll still prefer a scholarship to nus
Hi dyzlee, I think I am having the same problem as you. I got ASEAN scholarship from NTU too, and also offer of admission from NUS too. I am still deciding which university I should attend to. For me, scholarship is the primary factor of deciding which university should I go. I am thinking can we accept both offer from NTU and NUS first, then wait for news of scholarship from NUS before we make final decision?

Last edited by llyjohor; 02-05-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
llyjohor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to llyjohor For This Useful Post: