ReCom.org
Questions/ Comments/ Complaints Post your SITE-related questions and comments here.
(For education, scholarships etc, please post your question in the respective sub-forums)

Bank Negara vs JPA Korean Eng

juzshiper229 Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 02-05-2012 Default Bank Negara vs JPA Korean Eng

hello
i've got the bank negara kijang scholarship-banking n finance in US and i've also got called for the JPA Korean Eng interview next week.
i want to know your opinion.which is better..?
the prob is,i'm not really interested in any field.
i'd love to go to Korea but the prob is that i've only got called for the interview n not the scholarship offer but in the BNM case,i am gonna get the scholarship.
pls help me..banking n finance in US vs Engineering in Korea?
juzshiper229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#2 Old 03-05-2012 Default Re: Bank Negara vs JPA Korean Eng

Congrats for your BNM scholarship! How confident are you to get JPA Scholarship for Korea Engineering? BNM Scholarship, I believe, is one of the most prestigious scholarships available for post-SPM students and definitely is many times harder to secure than JPA. Also I think the Bank wants to get reply from you as soon as possible? Be wise in making decision!

What is more important for you? Scholarship or course/country? There are still uncertainties involved for your JPA scholarship interview and you might not be able to secure it, but it's already certain that you got BNM scholarship. Unless you are very confident that you will get JPA scholarship, otherwise I believe you know the answer for your question. Good luck!

1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.
2. From discord, find harmony.
3. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.
=[{Albert Einstein}]=

Feel free to visit my blog here!!!
Nicholasng925 is offline   Reply With Quote
frostbyte13 Male
Slightly Senior Member

#3 Old 03-05-2012 Default Re: Bank Negara vs JPA Korean Eng

WOW OK let me start by saying congratulations because it's hard to get to that kind of valuable position you are at now, having the luxury to choose what you want. I won't give any advice starting off but just let us know what are you actually interested in studying?

Psalms 126 : 5
"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."

Interested in finding me? Add me up facebook
frostbyte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#4 Old 03-05-2012 Default Re: Bank Negara vs JPA Korean Eng

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte13 View Post
WOW OK let me start by saying congratulations because it's hard to get to that kind of valuable position you are at now, having the luxury to choose what you want. I won't give any advice starting off but just let us know what are you actually interested in studying?
She does not have any particular preference on pursuing any field.

But yeah, juzshipper229, what are you interested in studying? What subjects interest you the most and you will find yourself enjoy doing it for the rest of your life?

=[{Albert Einstein}]=

plawks

#5 Old 03-05-2012 Default Re: Bank Negara vs JPA Korean Eng

I would advice her to take the scholarship. A chance like this is hard to come by.
plawks is offline   Reply With Quote
juzshiper229 Female
Super Junior Member

#6 Old 03-05-2012 Default Re: Bank Negara vs JPA Korean Eng

well,i thought i was interested in chemical engineering but soon realised it was just because i didn't wanna opt for medic..

i love maths a lot but i don't know a thing abt banking n finance
umm..what matters now is the scholarship i guess.
yeah,i know it's really hard to secure a scholarship now.but i'm just scared i'm gonna regret it later.
juzshiper229 is offline   Reply With Quote
frostbyte13 Male
Slightly Senior Member

#7 Old 03-05-2012 Default Re: Bank Negara vs JPA Korean Eng

Err quantitative finance? Lol, throwing ideas for you to take up the scholarship. Liking Maths won't necessarily equate to liking Engineering either. My best suggestion; take up BNM's offer. BUT check the terms and conditions

Psalms 126 : 5
"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."

Interested in finding me? Add me up facebook
frostbyte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Boyz_Zoo Male
Lord of Spams 2009
Wiki Contributor

#8 Old 03-05-2012 Default Re: Bank Negara vs JPA Korean Eng

First of all, congratulations for getting BNM scholarship. Secondly, you are now at the crossroad of life. I dun think even if u get JPA scholarship for korea engineering at moment won't change. You have to start deciding your future as ur choice will soon b ur bread and butter for years.

If you made d rite choice, you will feel happy doin it for mayb d rest of your life bt if you made d wrong choice, u will regret it forever and b wondering of d road not taken.

My advice is tat you think properly on ur interest and wat u like do in future. Talk to your family and ur close frens as they mite a bit of ur personality tat even u didn't notice.

P.S. If you give more details on your interests, mayb v could be more helpful to you.

#9 Old 03-05-2012 Default Re: Bank Negara vs JPA Korean Eng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyz_Zoo View Post
P.S. If you give more details on your interests, mayb v could be more helpful to you.
THIS. It is your future at stake here, do provide more details if you want help in your decision.
plawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Nicholasng925 Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#10 Old 03-05-2012 Default Re: Bank Negara vs JPA Korean Eng

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzshiper229 View Post
well,i thought i was interested in chemical engineering but soon realised it was just because i didn't wanna opt for medic..

i love maths a lot but i don't know a thing abt banking n finance
umm..what matters now is the scholarship i guess.
yeah,i know it's really hard to secure a scholarship now.but i'm just scared i'm gonna regret it later.
I didn't want to opt for Medicine neither, and I was in your shoes (except that I was interested in Electrical Engineering when I was in lower secondary). I soon get to know about Actuarial Science and wanted to pursue it, got the luxurious BNM scholarship and I'm on my way to realising my dream now!

I love maths a lot too, and I never knew anything in detail about actuarial syllabus. Banking and Finance is a wide field and even if you don't know anything about it, you can pick up the knowledge anytime you want. Sooner when you go into college life, you might get to know where your true interest lies.

Like me, I was so passionate of going into actuarial science due to its tough challenge of passing its professional exams. But just in a few months time, I got to know about financial engineering or mathematical/quantitative/computational finance and realised this course is very interesting too! Very mathematical intensive.

Regardless of degree you're going to study, most important thing would be finding your own interest. Doing the job of your interest is better than doing a job solely for its financial reward. Explore more about courses that might interest you and decide whether you will enjoy doing it or not. I don't know much about banking and finance so I couldn't give any decent advices on it.

But all in all, make the wise decision! Google up anything that might interest you and make decision! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte13 View Post
Err quantitative finance? Lol, throwing ideas for you to take up the scholarship. Liking Maths won't necessarily equate to liking Engineering either. My best suggestion; take up BNM's offer. BUT check the terms and conditions
frostbyte13, quantitative finance is not something easy. It's even harder than actuarial science to a certain extent, more quantitative based.

=[{Albert Einstein}]=