ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship Programme 2012

frostbyte13 Male
Slightly Senior Member

#31 Old 05-06-2012 Default Re: Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship Programme 2012

Not sure if I should be saying this but my mum helped me called Hong Leong already. She said that they have called all successful applicants already. Hmm go figure..oh well, one more down the drain. All the best john I still want to know who are you though. Add me on facebook man.

Psalms 126 : 5
"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."

Interested in finding me? Add me up facebook
frostbyte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
sliceofcheese Female
Less Junior Member

#32 Old 05-06-2012 Default Re: Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship Programme 2012

Johnconnor, if you don't mind me asking, what course did you apply for? As in what course did you state in your scholarship application?
sliceofcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
xPanda Male
Super Junior Member

#33 Old 05-06-2012 Angry Re: Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship Programme 2012

I felt not well ...
What treatment is this ?
I called them and ask them can help check whether I am shortlisted ....
they dint even check and just say rudely if u dint get call means u dint get and if we called u u dint answer the chances is given out to others then straight end my call ......
xPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
johnconnor Male

#34 Old 05-06-2012 Default Re: Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship Programme 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliceofcheese View Post
Johnconnor, if you don't mind me asking, what course did you apply for? As in what course did you state in your scholarship application?
I applied for Chemical Engineering in Monash and Nottingham. Those are my only two choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPanda View Post
I felt not well ...
What treatment is this ?
That's life, my dear friend. I had been in the same boat as you are, and I can honestly say the best thing for you to do is to cry as hard as you could, and get back onto your feet.
johnconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
sliceofcheese Female
Less Junior Member

#35 Old 05-06-2012 Default Re: Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship Programme 2012

Sigh, now I don't even think I should attempt calling them after hearing all your responses.

Isn't it kinda mean for them to say that if you don't pick up the call then you are at fault? What if you were in the middle of exams or another urgent matter? =S
alphaeus22 Male
Less Junior Member

#36 Old 05-06-2012 Default Re: Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship Programme 2012

Quote:
Sigh, now I don't even think I should attempt calling them after hearing all your responses.

Isn't it kinda mean for them to say that if you don't pick up the call then you are at fault? What if you were in the middle of exams or another urgent matter? =S
Yeah, to be having exams but required to be on the look out for phone calls, it is unfair. That's why, I've always preferred e-mails. Are you taking A-Levels? Are you in the running for any other scholarships besides this one? Judging from your statement, you must have been expecting or have received many scholarship interview calls.
alphaeus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
sliceofcheese Female
Less Junior Member

#37 Old 06-06-2012 Default Re: Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship Programme 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaeus22 View Post
Yeah, to be having exams but required to be on the look out for phone calls, it is unfair. That's why, I've always preferred e-mails. Are you taking A-Levels? Are you in the running for any other scholarships besides this one? Judging from your statement, you must have been expecting or have received many scholarship interview calls.
Yes, Edexcel A-Levels to be exact.

To be honest, I haven't applied for that many scholarships simply cos I don't qualify. As in, they don't offer the course of choice. I didn't have that high hopes of Hong Leong sponsoring a student to do Veterinary Medicine anyway. =S

I received a scholarship before this but they actually called, and emailed, and called again to ensure I got the email. Haha efficiency at its best.

What about you, alphaeus22?
xPanda Male
Super Junior Member

#38 Old 06-06-2012 Default Re: Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship Programme 2012

Quote:

I think you should have a try 1st ...
Dont lets others bother you .... This make me feel bad if u dint hv a try because of my comment ....
Maybe not every phone call will facing the same treatment ...
xPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
ahhock92 Male
Super Junior Member

#39 Old 06-06-2012 Default Re: Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship Programme 2012

hi all ,
i'm also going for the interview on 20th of June
any advice for me ^^ ?
ahhock92 is offline   Reply With Quote
sliceofcheese Female
Less Junior Member

#40 Old 06-06-2012 Default Re: Hong Leong Foundation Scholarship Programme 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPanda View Post
I think you should have a try 1st ...
Dont lets others bother you .... This make me feel bad if u dint hv a try because of my comment ....
Maybe not every phone call will facing the same treatment ...
Oops, sorry, I just saw this comment. Already 5.30pm now, so I should try tomorrow. =(

And don't worry, I didn't intend to make you feel bad at all!