ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

God, Bible and ....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ivysehoo
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 9
  #1 Old 20-01-2005 Default

A cake was wheeled into a room full of intellects; mathematicians, nutritionists, physicists, chemists, and engineers. The mathematicians started to calculate the amount of ingredients used to make the cake; the nutritionists analyzed the nutrient content in the cake, physicists looked into the movements of atoms, molecules, quarks and all those in the cake, the chemists tried to determine the chemical composition of the cake and engineers thought up better methods to bake the cake. After all that, a question was raised as to why the cake was baked? All of them were silenced until Aunt Mathilda came out.

What I?m trying to say is that we can answer questions like how we came about, what we?re made of, where we came from etc but we will never be able to answer the question of why we were created. The only one who would be able to answer this question would be our creator, GOD.
ivysehoo is offline   Reply With Quote
ivysehoo
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 9
  #2 Old 20-01-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaboy
Hmm...this is a bit controversial...but can anyone prove that God exists? Maybe a new thread should be started on this topic...
God exist because all life forms are interdependent on each other. This tremendous design within the universe deffinately requires a great designer or one main architect. One who came out with a plan for creation. Nothing lives or dies to itself. Each living thing, when it dies, supplies further live for other living things.

The universe is govern by laws such as gravitation. This requires a lawgiver which is GOD. Evolutionist, scientists, biologists, geneticists, are never able to demonstrate that the non living can make itself into the living. The law of biogenesis states that life comes only from life and hence, GOD is the great life giver.

Human in all his geniousity can never build, make, produce, or create anything that is superior to himself. Do you suppose that any power or force of less intelligence than your mind could produce you?

I am convinced that GOD exist because of fulfilled prophecies and answered prayers. However, it is our personal experience with God that will change our lives. God is personal. He created each of us with purpose and He loves us very much. How would we find Him and know our purpose? We have to give our lives back to the life giver before we can find the true meaning of life. Pride is the downfall of humanity when we lose the fear of God and start living on our own strength. Turn to God, people!
ivysehoo is offline   Reply With Quote
iQing
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
  #3 Old 20-01-2005 Default

It is interesting to talk about God but I would not do so with a fundamentalist christian.

Most probably such a person would refute my view and try to convert me into one of them. (minda sempit)
  Reply With Quote
The_forgotten
Less Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 78
  #4 Old 21-01-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivysehoo

God exist because all life forms are interdependent on each other. This tremendous design within the universe deffinately requires a great designer or one main architect. One who came out with a plan for creation. Nothing lives or dies to itself. Each living thing, when it dies, supplies further live for other living things.

The universe is govern by laws such as gravitation. This requires a lawgiver which is GOD. Evolutionist, scientists, biologists, geneticists, are never able to demonstrate that the non living can make itself into the living. The law of biogenesis states that life comes only from life and hence, GOD is the great life giver.

Human in all his geniousity can never build, make, produce, or create anything that is superior to himself. Do you suppose that any power or force of less intelligence than your mind could produce you?

I am convinced that GOD exist because of fulfilled prophecies and answered prayers. However, it is our personal experience with God that will change our lives. God is personal. He created each of us with purpose and He loves us very much. How would we find Him and know our purpose? We have to give our lives back to the life giver before we can find the true meaning of life. Pride is the downfall of humanity when we lose the fear of God and start living on our own strength. Turn to God, people!
This brings us back to the question: who then created the god?a higher power with greater intelligence?? God couldn't just pop out from somewhere....

maybe we mortals should not ask so much questions...that's why the faith element is so important in religion. we should just blindly accept it, eliminate all our doubts, and remember to confess before our time has come, lest we would be damned...
________
Yamaha YSR80

Last edited by The_forgotten; 24-01-2011 at 06:31 PM.
The_forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator
 
youngyew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,741
  #5 Old 21-01-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivysehoo
God exist because all life forms are interdependent on each other. This tremendous design within the universe deffinately requires a great designer or one main architect. One who came out with a plan for creation. Nothing lives or dies to itself. Each living thing, when it dies, supplies further live for other living things.

The universe is govern by laws such as gravitation. This requires a lawgiver which is GOD. Evolutionist, scientists, biologists, geneticists, are never able to demonstrate that the non living can make itself into the living. The law of biogenesis states that life comes only from life and hence, GOD is the great life giver.

Human in all his geniousity can never build, make, produce, or create anything that is superior to himself. Do you suppose that any power or force of less intelligence than your mind could produce you?

I am convinced that GOD exist because of fulfilled prophecies and answered prayers. However, it is our personal experience with God that will change our lives. God is personal. He created each of us with purpose and He loves us very much. How would we find Him and know our purpose? We have to give our lives back to the life giver before we can find the true meaning of life. Pride is the downfall of humanity when we lose the fear of God and start living on our own strength. Turn to God, people!
A typical evangelist post!

It's interesting that many people actually think that his or her religion is the only RIGHT religion while all other's are wrong. What's always lingering in my mind is that, what happens if we have been believing in a particular religion, but after you demised you are brought to face "another" God or *something* which proves that your religion is WRONG?

Is there a possibility that the REAL thing is the mixture of the religions? I mean.. God exists, but Buddha as the enlightened person can lead people out from suffering through nirvana. And deities do have miraculous power through their unbeknownst magic. And some other religious faiths also ring bold? WHY must we have to choose ONLY a particular religion? WHy can't someone say, I am both a Christian and a Buddhist?

For the reason that God must exist because everything in this world is in such a great order yet complex, I have been exposed to this theory for years but yet it still fails to convince me completely. As someone who believes blindly in logic (is this wrong in terms of faith? many people tell me in faith you don't apply logics completely, because there are many things which are out of grasps of logic) I think this argument is fatally flawed.

Yes, people are arguing for existence of god because everything must have its "more intelligent and powerful" designer. Note the word "EVERYTHING". Yet, when you say that God is the one who created everything, isn't God a THING by itself? Then by saying that God is the ULTIMATE creator, you are actually refuting your own premise, that is EVERYTHING must be designed. The solution of "GOD EXISTS BY HIMSELF" is just a contradiction to the premise. Think about it.

God may exist, but I can't find out yet, till today. Perhaps it's back to faith. When you have faith, everything will happen. But I don't really agree to purely xenophobic devotees. I mean, if you are a believer in God, you are totally right in holding your faith but please don't hold any prejudice against atheist. People have their mindset, and if you think that he is a "traitor" so he must be a bad guy, then it's you who are acting unjustly.

Right now, my own hypothesis is... things are interdependant and feedback is the thing that makes it happen. I speak vaguely, I know. Let me give a not-so-good example.. hmm... If I were to ask, who has the biggest power in the world? George W. Bush? Yes, at first glimpse, he is indeed the answer. Yet, his election as the president was related to so many factors, and it was his american citizens who held the power to choose the person they want to lead the country. But then again, what was the power that influence the american people? Their brain power? The crowd psychology? The propaganda? The media? The foreign countries? But who influenced the media? George W Bush, probably? I know this example is lame, but I just hope to voice over the idea. *things are interdependant, it's either you let the causality cycle run through a circle, or you let it diverge to the infinity (which is the case of God)*

Infinity is still an idea too far from me. The distance: infinity. Probably it will become close one day.
__________________
[][][][flickr]

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Ic3b3rg
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 276
  #6 Old 21-01-2005 Default

One of my lecture notes:"The story of human life is like the story of a man in the street. He was walking in the dark alley, and suddenly, felt a poison dart right at his stomache. As he felt the tiny pain spread through his blood stream... into other parts of his body...He wondered WHO shot that arrow... he thinks of all the possibilities... his enemies? a random stranger? a friend who is angry with him? and he raises all kinds of question to try to make a conclusion of who shot him...

And as he was thinking, and thinking and thinking, the poison reaches to his chest...and finally stopped his heart....and he died"

And another one: "There is a comedienne who always ends his show like this: At the end of the show, the stage grows very very very dark. there is a bright spotlight on the center of the stage. And The Comedienne starts searching around on the floor. And another person comes in. person B asks "what are you searching for?" and the comedienne says "something".

So person B says" alright i will help you search for it". And they continue looking for that something on the stage... around and around they go....up and down the stage.... in the end person B says "Alright i give up!!!! we have been looking around this stage for so long... we will never find whatever you are looking for!!!!"

Comedienne says "Of course we are never gonna find whatever i am looking for. It is not here!!!"

PErson B:"what do you mean it is not here??!!!"

Comedienne:" IT IS NOT ON THE STAGE! it is out there!"(points to the dark part of the auditorium where the audience are sitting)

PErson B:"then why are we looking for it ON THE STAGE???!!!!!"

Comedienne:" Because it is bright in here and dark out there"



anyway.... i am not saying that i agree or disagree with this....
it is just a lecture note i get from Professor Lee Yearly, the professor who was lecturing about the "Essential Chuang Tzu"
in my class....

and from all the discussions i have with my atheist friends....my not so atheist but not so religious friends....my christian friends...and my friends don't want to be labeled atheist because they think that it is a negative term but don't believe in God.... and my proud to be called atheist friends....and my friends who are muslim......in my classes, (and these are not polite "i respect your religion" discussions...i have atheists saying" I think that God is an egomaniac who wants people to slobber over how great he is... IF there is a god that is")

from all these daily discussions, i have come to the conclusion that intellectual debate will never make a person change his beliefs about the origin of the world or the purpose of the world...

i guess the only thing that would make a person change his mind is an experience which changes his feelings and convictions.


au revoir..
__________________
ACceptINg DiffEReNces == MAkiNg a DIfF3renC3
Ic3b3rg is offline   Reply With Quote
ivysehoo
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 9
  #7 Old 21-01-2005 Default

Don't you guys feel misserable having those believes? I mean, without God and no eternity in mind, there won't be any purpose of living then. We could do all we want, make our own rules, ruin our lives and others get drunk and be merry for tomorrow we'll die?

I'm not out to convert anyone but just merely sharing my believes, ok. Well, I believe in the grace of God. I believe in a God that loves and forgives unconditionally as long as we ask Him to. I believe in a good and just God who longs to have relationship with us fellow humans.

With my believes, I find purpose and meaning in life. I find joy, peace and happiness knowing that someone great is watching over my life. I do not feel alone in this world because I have God who's always present with me. Hmmpphh... we may all come out with complicated stuffs in this debate. Well, I don't want to be part of that. I'm a pretty simple person who knows that God loves you and me very much.
ivysehoo is offline   Reply With Quote
etcmp
Less Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 67
  #8 Old 21-01-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivysehoo
Don't you guys feel misserable having those believes? I mean, without God and no eternity in mind, there won't be any purpose of living then. We could do all we want, make our own rules, ruin our lives and others get drunk and be merry for tomorrow we'll die?

I'm not out to convert anyone but just merely sharing my believes, ok. Well, I believe in the grace of God. I believe in a God that loves and forgives unconditionally as long as we ask Him to. I believe in a good and just God who longs to have relationship with us fellow humans.

With my believes, I find purpose and meaning in life. I find joy, peace and happiness knowing that someone great is watching over my life. I do not feel alone in this world because I have God who's always present with me. Hmmpphh... we may all come out with complicated stuffs in this debate. Well, I don't want to be part of that. I'm a pretty simple person who knows that God loves you and me very much.
I think you have a great point there...
etcmp is offline   Reply With Quote
iQing
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
  #9 Old 22-01-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirnelle
the truth of our existance. hm. how can you know the truth of it if you couldnt even prove that you exist?

our belief that we exist is solely base on what our minds tell us. we feel something because our brains said so. so the question actually lies in who actually is controlling our brain? are we really the owner of our brains? if not, then is GOD the owner of it? or some other aliens?

i am not an atheist. nor do i have any religions. am a free thinker. i believe that there IS a force out there which is controlling or manipulating or balancing (or whatever u call it) the universe. (lets not get started on whether the universe exist or not.) this 'thing' could be God, ( or even Gods),could be some sort of force, a machine (matrix?), it could even be merely an equation.
when the equation is unbalanced,ie unequal on both sides, the universe is disrupted.

my point is, everyone can choose to believe what they want to or what they find is most logical or convincing in explaning humans existance. because there is no absolute truth to this question. we can try to bring other people to believe in what we believe. but we have to respect other peoples choices too when they eventually choose to believe otherwise.

at the moment i am prone to the idea that our existance is a game . we are all in this game. being played by some utterly bored big forces@Gods@(insert name here). there are winners and losers in every game. and we are merely the victims of the player.

haha.

I agree.
Your post is the best post (in my opinion) on this thread.
At least you dont stay fix in the box.


--------


Aliens? any annunaki or grey hybrid here?
I did saw a hooded woman who slitther in the dark at midnight when I was wandering at the trainstation in L?beck, Germany.
She might be one of the shapeshifters

*shrug *
  Reply With Quote
chillout
Less Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 100
  #10 Old 22-01-2005 Default

Why are we here? Or, Why did God make us?

God made us so we could glorify Him and have fellowship with Him (1 John 1:1-3). He made Adam and Eve and put them in the garden and then He walked in fellowship with them. He gave them the greatest thing they could have, His love and presence. After they sinned, God said, "Adam, where are you?" God sought Adam. In Exodus 25:8 God said to Moses while Israel was in the wilderness, "And let them construct a sanctuary for Me, that I may dwell among them." In the New Testament in John 1:14 it says, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt (tabernacled) among us..."(1) God seeks our presence. He wants to have fellowship with us. He made us to give us His love and enjoy His presence. But, man sinned and separated Himself from God. That is why Christ died for sins, that our fellowship with God would be restored.

Quoted from http://www.carm.org/40_objections/40-3.htm#_1_28
chillout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
agnosticism, atheism, christianity, islam, religion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.13746 seconds with 14 queries