ReCom.org
Questions/ Comments/ Complaints Post your SITE-related questions and comments here.
(For education, scholarships etc, please post your question in the respective sub-forums)

MAHSA foundation in science program

francesca Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 08-11-2012 Thumbs up MAHSA foundation in science program

heyy y`all, i got an admission into MAHSA university college for the foundation in science programme for january. i want to do medicine later. please can any of you tell me more about MAHSA`s standards and the foundation in science program? are there any international students who attend this? is this course a very intensive one? what about their MBBS program? it is recognised? do u think it is possible to get a transfer to another medical school in uk after the phase 1(non clinical years)?
francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Mirianchoo
ReCom Staff
Kapitan o'Wiki

#2 Old 08-11-2012 Default Re: MAHSA foundation in science program

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesca View Post
heyy y`all, i got an admission into MAHSA university college for the foundation in science programme for january. i want to do medicine later. please can any of you tell me more about MAHSA`s standards and the foundation in science program? are there any international students who attend this? is this course a very intensive one? what about their MBBS program? it is recognised? do u think it is possible to get a transfer to another medical school in uk after the phase 1(non clinical years)?
Hi there francesca,

Well, to be completely frank with you, the Foundation in Science program offered by MAHSA is a very easy course, which is generally not recognised by other colleges and universities. Sign up for the Foundation in Science at MAHSA only if you are 100% certain that you will further your studies in MAHSA for your first degree.

MAHSA's MBBS program is very new and lacks international recognition. MAHSA's standards are quite low to be honest, as MAHSA started as a nursing college, not a medical school. If not mistaken, MAHSA has yet to even produce any medical graduates, so the standard of its graduates is highly questionable. It is very hard to transfer to a UK medical school once you have commenced your MBBS at MAHSA.

I would personally recommend you to take A-Levels. A-Levels are recognised worldwide and can gain you admission to universities in the UK and Australia if you obtain satisfactory results. I used my A-Levels result to gain offers of admission to 3 universities in Australia to read law (the Australian National University, the University of Adelaide, and the University of Tasmania).

Hope this helped!

Last edited by Mirianchoo; 08-11-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Mirianchoo is offline   Reply With Quote