ReCom.org
Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

NUS Application AY2013-14

chenyean65 Female
Less Junior Member

#11 Old 18-03-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheokhueichun View Post
errrr...my ATAR is just borderline less than 90. and i knew that they require at least ATAR 90 and above but i just apply it. SAD!!! just trying my luck... i applied around jan .. i applied chemistry and biology ..

Just want to know if NUS evaluate applicants from various qualifications ie: SAM, AUSMAT, STPM, A levels, IB separately or they are evaluated together. I just saw an ad in the STAR paper inviting STPM students to apply. The students with Australian qualifications would have applied much earlier.
chenyean65 is offline   Reply With Quote
cheokhueichun Male
Super Junior Member

#12 Old 18-03-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenyean65 View Post
Just want to know if NUS evaluate applicants from various qualifications ie: SAM, AUSMAT, STPM, A levels, IB separately or they are evaluated together. I just saw an ad in the STAR paper inviting STPM students to apply. The students with Australian qualifications would have applied much earlier.
they evaluate separately. they won't blend them together. i asked them when during the edu fair. they had booth in malaysia.
cheokhueichun is offline   Reply With Quote
ruffyloohy Female
Super Junior Member

#13 Old 19-03-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

What are the chances of getting the scholarship if my CGPA is 3.25 for STPM?

Thanks in advance
ruffyloohy is offline   Reply With Quote
ongchihang Male
Super Junior Member

#14 Old 19-03-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
they evaluate separately. they won't blend them together. i asked them when during the edu fair. they had booth in malaysia.
So how do they decide to allocate how many places for each int qualifications?

This year, the number of 4.0 cgpa students have increased from 300 to 442 compared to last year. It's an increase of 47% which means the overall quality of 4.0 students have dipped.

My friend who got 4A* in Cambridge A Level and has normal coco, no achievements but got early offer from NUS which is quite rare to int students. I deduced that the number of 4A* student has decreased quite a lot compared to previous years.

Does this mean they will accept more A Level students than STPM students this year? I hope this will play into my "advantage" lol.
ongchihang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ongchihang For This Useful Post:
thoradicus Male
Super Junior Member

#15 Old 19-03-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongchihang View Post

This year, the number of 4.0 cgpa students have increased from 300 to 442 compared to last year. It's an increase of 47% which means the overall quality of 4.0 students have dipped.

My friend who got 4A* in Cambridge A Level and has normal coco, no achievements but got early offer from NUS which is quite rare to int students. I deduced that the number of 4A* student has decreased quite a lot compared to previous years.

Does this mean they will accept more A Level students than STPM students this year? I hope this will play into my "advantage" lol.
is your application being processed atm?
thoradicus is offline   Reply With Quote
ongchihang Male
Super Junior Member

#16 Old 20-03-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoradicus View Post
is your application being processed atm?
yes, I think they started to process my application between last week to 3 days ago.
ongchihang is offline   Reply With Quote
thoradicus Male
Super Junior Member

#17 Old 20-03-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
yes, I think they started to process my application between last week to 3 days ago.
For those who applied, how long till you received a reply?
thoradicus is offline   Reply With Quote
chenyean65 Female
Less Junior Member

#18 Old 20-03-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:

Anybody applying with AUSMAT/SAM and have received their result from NUS? For those that got acceptance, what course did you get and what are the ATAR score. I am still waiting and beginning to get worried. I attended the Asean scholarship interview way back in January 2013 and was selected by my college for the scholarship interview. I am not sure if I have a better chance since I was selected by my college. Anyone of you in the forum can help me on this?
chenyean65 is offline   Reply With Quote
cheokhueichun Male
Super Junior Member

#19 Old 20-03-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenyean65 View Post
Anybody applying with AUSMAT/SAM and have received their result from NUS? For those that got acceptance, what course did you get and what are the ATAR score. I am still waiting and beginning to get worried. I attended the Asean scholarship interview way back in January 2013 and was selected by my college for the scholarship interview. I am not sure if I have a better chance since I was selected by my college. Anyone of you in the forum can help me on this?
i'm worrried too. did you apply NTU?? Until now i still do not know whether i get the offer or not. i think i need to call them for further info.
cheokhueichun is offline   Reply With Quote
tommytommy
Super Junior Member

#20 Old 20-03-2013 Default Re: NUS Application AY2013-14

Quote:

dont think the 4a* students got decreased any. my school already got tons of them got 4a* and most (90%) of them wan to enter nus.
haiz....haiz....haiz.....
tommytommy is offline   Reply With Quote