ReCom.org
Matriculation All threads about matriculation (matrikulasi) belong here.

Matriculation/STPM

fadz777 Male
Less Junior Member

#11 Old 24-04-2013 Default Re: Matriculation/STPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marczeman View Post
Medic you need 4.0
Both can but STPM you won't score well, whereas matrics no prob getting 4.0

If you're super smart and hardworking then take STPM because it will prepare you for the tough uni life but if you want the easy way then matrics. altho nowadays dunno la STPM may be easier than before because changed to 3-sem system. whatever it is STPM will still be harder than matrics.
I read your blog, quite interesting. May I know if anyone from matrics got into NUS? Sorry for too much questioning, just have too many things running through my mind right now
fadz777 is offline   Reply With Quote
zhenjia95 Male
Super Junior Member

#12 Old 24-04-2013 Default Re: Matriculation/STPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelzzzee View Post
yeap gotta pray hard >< Some people do get offered for both, thats what I heard. If get matriks sure study lah, if not I'll go for foundation in private u gua~ I wanna study accounting and finance
If get then belanja LOL T.T
think wisely lorh...i heard that if u have done certain course in the private college then u should continue your degree overthere too...
+ whether the private u is recognise by the GOV(if u wnna be gov servant)

Quote:
Medic you need 4.0

If you're super smart and hardworking then take STPM because it will prepare you for the tough uni life but if you want the easy way then matrics. altho nowadays dunno la STPM may be easier than before because changed to 3-sem system. whatever it is STPM will still be harder than matrics.
thank for sharing your experience, so if never listed in the 1st intake of matic isnt impossible to appeal and get a place in 1st intake? or need to go for the 2nd intake? when 2nd intake will start?isnt late than the 1st intake?

Last edited by zhenjia95; 24-04-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
zhenjia95 is offline   Reply With Quote
yinhan07 Female
Super Junior Member

#13 Old 24-04-2013 Default Re: Matriculation/STPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadz777 View Post
I read your blog, quite interesting. May I know if anyone from matrics got into NUS? Sorry for too much questioning, just have too many things running through my mind right now
Matric can study overseas ?
yinhan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
marczeman Male

#14 Old 24-04-2013 Default Re: Matriculation/STPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadz777 View Post
not sure. most people don't apply overseas after matrics, although it is possible. My batch mate is in UCL now. He got an offer from Imperial also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenjia95 View Post
thank for sharing your experience, so if never listed in the 1st intake of matic isnt impossible to appeal and get a place in 1st intake? or need to go for the 2nd intake? when 2nd intake will start?isnt late than the 1st intake?
Oh yeah I forgot about 2nd intake. no you can't appeal to get into 1st intake, won't have enough time (unless u got cable la lol). 2nd intake is like 2-3 weeks late or something, can't remember. I dunno how they choose second intake, but actually quite nice la join second intake, can skip the stupid orientation week.
Super Junior Member

#15 Old 25-04-2013 Default Re: Matriculation/STPM

Quote:
Medic you need 4.0

ahh I didnt get When can we know if we berjaya merayu?
rachelzzzee is offline   Reply With Quote
zhenjia95 Male
Super Junior Member

#16 Old 25-04-2013 Default Re: Matriculation/STPM

Oh yeah I forgot about 2nd intake. no you can't appeal to get into 1st intake, won't have enough time (unless u got cable la lol). 2nd intake is like 2-3 weeks late or something, can't remember. I dunno how they choose second intake, but actually quite nice la join second intake, can skip the stupid orientation week.[/quote]

when to know the result after appeal?=.=
dyandra101 Male
Super Junior Member

#17 Old 25-04-2013 Default Re: Matriculation/STPM

Quote:
not sure. most people don't apply overseas after matrics, although it is possible. My batch mate is in UCL now. He got an offer from Imperial also.

Oh yeah I forgot about 2nd intake. no you can't appeal to get into 1st intake, won't have enough time (unless u got cable la lol). 2nd intake is like 2-3 weeks late or something, can't remember. I dunno how they choose second intake, but actually quite nice la join second intake, can skip the stupid orientation week.
I remember reading one your posts long time ago that you expressed a wish to study overseas but... in the end you chose Matriculation. Maybe you can elaborate that decision of yours please?

Anyone that is accepted here?

Last edited by dyandra101; 25-04-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
dyandra101 is offline   Reply With Quote
stez94 Male
Super Junior Member

#18 Old 25-04-2013 Default Re: Matriculation/STPM

Quote:

when to know the result after appeal?=.=
Well im a second intake myself for my session (2012/2013) and the results came around 2 weeks after the 1 batch went in...
stez94 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stez94 For This Useful Post:
zhenjia95 Male
Super Junior Member

#19 Old 25-04-2013 Default Re: Matriculation/STPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stez94 View Post
Well im a second intake myself for my session (2012/2013) and the results came around 2 weeks after the 1 batch went in...
Oic....so before that u did ur form 6 ? how was ur result? wad was the minimum requirement for the 2nd intake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stez94 View Post
how you made ur 2nd intake appearl? u just clicked merayu or u went down to KL?

Last edited by zhenjia95; 25-04-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
stez94 Male
Super Junior Member

#20 Old 25-04-2013 Default Re: Matriculation/STPM

Quote:
Oic....so before that u did ur form 6 ? how was ur result? wad was the minimum requirement for the 2nd intake?

how you made ur 2nd intake appearl? u just clicked merayu or u went down to KL?
http://www.recom.org/forum/showpost....0&postcount=20 well u can go to that link there to see how marks are counted... Well to make appeal u just need click the merayu button... And selection is kinda based on luck and connection too... If u know what I mean
stez94 is offline   Reply With Quote