ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships

Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

Failure in 2 semesters, GPA below requirement (USA)

mohdzarif Male
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 11-06-2013 Unhappy Failure in 2 semesters, GPA below requirement (USA)

I am currently in the US, having studied here for 2 sems. I failed in both of them. I actually don't know exactly what to ask. I really want another chance if I need to be sent back to Malaysia. What I have done here, so regretful. Of course, I want to be success. Frankly, I am anxious and afraid. I have hope that I can get another chance to change.

I haven't got any warning from JPA since my 1st sem. Does anyone have any idea how is my situation right now? Is it very certain that JPA will kick me? Do anyone you know have any experience like this? Do I have any hope of making a plea to JPA in case that they will kick me?
mohdzarif is offline   Reply With Quote
skv1996 Male
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 12-06-2013 Default Re: Failure in 2 semesters, GPA below requirement (USA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohdzarif View Post
I am currently in the US, having studied here for 2 sems. I failed in both of them. I actually don't know exactly what to ask. I really want another chance if I need to be sent back to Malaysia. What I have done here, so regretful. Of course, I want to be success. Frankly, I am anxious and afraid. I have hope that I can get another chance to change.

I haven't got any warning from JPA since my 1st sem. Does anyone have any idea how is my situation right now? Is it very certain that JPA will kick me? Do anyone you know have any experience like this? Do I have any hope of making a plea to JPA in case that they will kick me?
First of all, I am not a JPA scholar but I have some knowledge of the process.

The usual procedure is you and amfew other students are usually under an officer I/C at the relevant department. The usual process is they have to keep regular tabs on your progress. So when you failed in the first semester, it is their duty to contact you when they get your results from the university to find out why. Counseling will be offered and usually you just get a warning as they take into consideration the culture shock/language problems.

Now since you have failed the 2nd semester, you might be contacted as soon as the university inform JPA.

Please calm down and consider your situation.
1. The reasons you are not doing well. Is the course too difficult for you? Are you in the right course of your interest or you just accepted what was offered to you?

2. Maybe the reason could be that you just joined the wrong crowd and lost sight of your education for sometime.

3. Have you approached the university counselling / student body for help? Is the university administration aware of your problems?

The solution

1. For the time being , keep positive and make changes if you are in the course of your choice. If the 3rd semester has not begun seek help from your coursemates to improve your understanding of the work for the previous semesters.

2. Meet the president of the Malaysian student body or any of their reps. Ask for help. With their support approach the school admin for support and counselling.

3. Make serious attempts to change for the better.

4. If you are contacted by JPA appeal for a second chance. Get supporting letters from the university admin. Get help from the Malaysian student body to appeal on your behalf.

I can imagine your depression but please seek help. It's not the end of the world. Talk to your friends, your family. Don't keep everything inside and not ask for help.

Be strong my friend. You can pull through this. The important thing you are aware of your mistakes and you are reaching out for help.

Be strong and take care. Let me know how it turns out.

Good Luck.
skv1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skv1996 For This Useful Post:
skv1996 Male
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 13-06-2013 Default Re: Failure in 2 semesters, GPA below requirement (USA)

Good Morning
I am concerned about you . Please talk to us.

Fellow Recommers,
This forum is not only about doing well for interviews, scholarships news, etc.

We are all students trying to do well in this hectic world. This boy is reaching across the oceans to us for help. Why? Maybe it is a desperate move. Maybe he has no one to confide in.

Keep this thread alive. Post positive replies or anything to him to show him that WE CARE!

PLEASE!

I am not a Muslim so I don't know any Islamic/Quran verses to motivate you so anyone out there who can help ,please help.

Last edited by skv1996; 13-06-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
skv1996 is offline   Reply With Quote