ReCom.org
Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

A level 2013

jannylee Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 29-06-2013 Question A level 2013

hi,I m a A level student for july intake 2013..I would like to ask how to apply NUS,Cambridge?and when is the time..I will start degree in 2015..

and I would like to buy original or photocopy,secondhand Cambridge A level books for bio,chem ,phy n math..thanks
jannylee is offline   Reply With Quote
whitepepper Female
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 29-06-2013 Default Re: A level 2013

Uk unis start in Sept/Oct 2014. You apply around Sept 2014 - Jan 2015. Cambridge applications have an early deadline, for your case, it's around Oct-Nov 2014.
http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/

Click here for UK Applications guide by Wannie

NUS- Singapore. For A-levels , closing date of applications are around Feb.
http://www.nus.edu.sg/oam/apply/inte...issionreq.html

It's better for you to read their websites. Do a lot of research into the universities which you want to go. Contact seniors who have been there.

Anyways, all the best~

Twitter, Instagram

Last edited by whitepepper; 30-06-2013 at 01:05 AM.
whitepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
lilian1993 Female
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 30-06-2013 Default Re: A level 2013

Hello! Your college should assist you in these applications when the time comes (which will be around next year for you). Anyway, I will give some explanation based on your intake in 2015.

For NUS, the application period should be around Oct 2014 - Feb/Mar 2015. You can choose to apply using your forecast results which will require SAT additionally, or using your actual results without SAT... Unless you're aiming for Dentistry/Law/Med courses (in this case only the latter option is available). Applications have to be made directly to NUS, and you can refer to the NUS website for procedures, deadlines, requirements etc.

As for Cambridge, you will need to apply through UCAS along with four other university choices. The application deadline should be around Sept/Oct 2014 for you, which is earlier for Cambridge applicants (the deadline for non-Oxbridge applicants should be in Jan 2015, depending on your course). This means you would need to apply using your forecast results, and you're required to write a personal statement. If you make the cut, you'll be shortlisted for a Cambridge interview. Here's more info on applying to Cambridge. I think you will be briefed on how to apply through UCAS, writing your personal statements, etc by your college so don't worry!

Last edited by lilian1993; 30-06-2013 at 12:16 AM.
lilian1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
whitepepper Female
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 30-06-2013 Default Re: A level 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilian1993 View Post
Hello! Your college should assist you in these applications when the time comes (which will be around next year for you). Anyway, I will give some explanation based on your intake in 2015.

For NUS, the application period should be around Oct 2014 - Feb/Mar 2015. You can choose to apply using your forecast results which will require SAT additionally, or using your actual results without SAT... Unless you're aiming for Dentistry/Law/Med courses (in this case only the latter option is available). Applications have to be made directly to NUS, and you can refer to the NUS website for procedures, deadlines, requirements etc.

As for Cambridge, you will need to apply through UCAS along with four other university choices. The application deadline should be around Sept/Oct 2014 for you, which is earlier for Cambridge applicants (the deadline for non-Oxbridge applicants should be in Jan 2015, depending on your course). This means you would need to apply using your forecast results, and you're required to write a personal statement. If you make the cut, you'll be shortlisted for a Cambridge interview. Here's more info on applying to Cambridge. I think you will be briefed on how to apply through UCAS, writing your personal statements, etc by your college so don't worry!

Thanks for the clear explanation.

Twitter, Instagram
whitepepper is offline   Reply With Quote