ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate

Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

Is it possible to appeal n change UKM biomedicine to UKM medicine?

huiyee Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 12-07-2013 Exclamation Is it possible to appeal n change UKM biomedicine to UKM medicine?

Hi,UPU result just released yesterday..and i gt ukm biomed...my pointer is 4.0 n my koko marks is 95....
i was in trouble n doubt of the biomedicine course..i heard that future job most probably will related to marketting..but i hate it..
one more thing,am not so good n interested in doing research yet it is an important part in this course...
i m damn helpless now....
somebody pls gv some advice...thanks..
huiyee is offline   Reply With Quote
uncle Male
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 13-07-2013 Default Re: Is it possible to appeal n change UKM biomedicine to UKM medicine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huiyee View Post
Hi,UPU result just released yesterday..and i gt ukm biomed...my pointer is 4.0 n my koko marks is 95....
i was in trouble n doubt of the biomedicine course..i heard that future job most probably will related to marketting..but i hate it..
one more thing,am not so good n interested in doing research yet it is an important part in this course...
i m damn helpless now....
somebody pls gv some advice...thanks..
I never see this happen before throughout these 5 years but u might wanna give a try. who knows maybe u will be the first person to be able to switch course from biomed to medicine.

But do bear in mind, in next 2 -3 years, m'sia will be producing 15k houseman per year, and maybe in 5 years time will be about 18k houseman per year. moreover the current moh have plans to start a new system for houseman and medical doctor in which u might get fired by hospitals and be jobless.
uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uncle For This Useful Post:
huiyee Female
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 13-07-2013 Default Re: Is it possible to appeal n change UKM biomedicine to UKM medicine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle View Post
I never see this happen before throughout these 5 years but u might wanna give a try. who knows maybe u will be the first person to be able to switch course from biomed to medicine.

But do bear in mind, in next 2 -3 years, m'sia will be producing 15k houseman per year, and maybe in 5 years time will be about 18k houseman per year. moreover the current moh have plans to start a new system for houseman and medical doctor in which u might get fired by hospitals and be jobless.
ya,i will just give it a try..nver try nver know..
according to the analysis,i found out that start frm this year, Chinese students intake reduced compared to past years...

a new system mean the hospitals will fire those who are not perform well?
huiyee is offline   Reply With Quote
uncle Male
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 14-07-2013 Default Re: Is it possible to appeal n change UKM biomedicine to UKM medicine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huiyee View Post
ya,i will just give it a try..nver try nver know..
according to the analysis,i found out that start frm this year, Chinese students intake reduced compared to past years...

a new system mean the hospitals will fire those who are not perform well?
Yup. Something like that, which means that one day u might become jobless. Moreover when there r so many houseman, chances of getting a master course is more slim. U might end up as a medical officer forever.
uncle is offline   Reply With Quote