ReCom.org
Reading Sharing Share your past, present, and future readings here.

Dan Brown's Books

View Poll Results: Which Dan Brown's book do you like the best?
Angels and Demons 27 45.76%
Deception Point 4 6.78%
Digital Fortress 4 6.78%
The Da Vinci Code 24 40.68%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

DecentMerson

#11 Old 31-03-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaboy
I'm reading Da Vinci's Code....out of curiosity..and I'm addicted to it! I even slept at almost 6am reading that book....read until my eyes become read...lol....It's my 3rd or 4th day of reading though...approaching the end already....few chapters left.

I tried to predict the story everytime I read it...lol.

Anyway, what version do you guys read? The ebook version or the paperback? Just wonder, how much are those books selling in Malaysia? Wanna compare the prices here...
well... i think,without any promotion or wat, a paperback still fetch a price of RM31.99 to RM39.99...

bought the books here thru Amazon at USD 3.99 (during some sale) and USD 7.19 for the normal 10% off deals though...
DecentMerson is offline   Reply With Quote
pandaboy

#12 Old 31-03-2005 Default

It's about 7-8pounds here.....sometimes with promotional offer like 3 for the price of 2.
pandaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Michelle_london
Super Junior Member

#13 Old 02-04-2005 Default

Hmm, I really don't get what all the hype about the Da Vincci Code - I suppose since it is based on the Holy Grail and Brown suggests he knows what it is and where it is situated. Anyway, I do admire his knowledge but sometimes it seems that he is trying to force all this knowledge down our throats just to make us think that he put extra effort into his books (especially in Deception Point - half the time I couldn't remember what the stupid PODS were!)

I'd rate the four books like this:

1. Angels and Demons - Immense detail and the plot was really orginal seeing as the Illuminati do actually exist. Robert Langdon - woohoo!

2. Da Vincci Code- It just seemed too structured and typical.

3. Deception Point - Really gripping but also another alien hoax type thriller.

4. Digital Fortress - Dan Brown must have written this last because it lacked the suspense and originality Angels and Da Vincci Code had.
Michelle_london is offline   Reply With Quote
lolilo

#14 Old 03-04-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodemus
oh.....i read deception point already.

very boring book tough......not like dan brown's works...

the storyline is very long......hush..!!!

the previous three that i read are strill the best!!
bravo!!you completed!!!
now you know what i am talking about...hehehe...
lolilo is offline   Reply With Quote
nicodemus

#15 Old 03-04-2005 Default

ha ha.....
nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
impian
Super Junior Member

#16 Old 14-04-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_london

I'd rate the four books like this:

1. Angels and Demons - Immense detail and the plot was really orginal seeing as the Illuminati do actually exist. Robert Langdon - woohoo!

2. Da Vincci Code- It just seemed too structured and typical.

3. Deception Point - Really gripping but also another alien hoax type thriller.

4. Digital Fortress - Dan Brown must have written this last because it lacked the suspense and originality Angels and Da Vincci Code had.
I agree with Michelle. Angels and Demons is so much better than Da Vincci Code. In my opinion, DVC is slow and predictable. Since I read A&D first, DVC was a disappointment.
impian is offline   Reply With Quote
lkh1986
Super Junior Member

#17 Old 14-04-2005 Default

Regarding the code given by the author in the backcover in "Digital Fortress", does anyone know how to solve the code?
lkh1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
zqax

#18 Old 15-04-2005 Default

For me ,after I read Da Vinci Code, the plots have been similarely predictable..However, I liked Angels and Demons the most, but after reading two Dan Brown books, I had lost my interest on his other two books, though pacted with huge amount of knowledge and information, his novel's plot seems to be boring as there are alot similarities.One of the good guy is the real bad guy,somethings like that.In angel&demons, I could guess that the cardinal's son is the real-bad guy at the middle(or near begining) of the story,just like the Da Vinci Code.Comeon Dan Brown, stop using the same tactics again and again....So if you want to read Dan Brown's book, I recommend reading A&D,then switch to others author,or else you'll feel like you had read it before.
Super Junior Member

#19 Old 11-05-2005 Default

Can anybody compare Dan Brown's books with other books in the similar vein? or is Dan Brown writing a completely new subgenre which explains the sudden popularity?
rockjianrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Moozy
Less Junior Member

#20 Old 07-06-2005 Default

Only read Da Vinci Code. Already liking Brown's style because he doesn't use foul languages and uses beautiful words in his work. This is rare in books from Steven King and John Grisham. Makes me cringe everytime there's a foul word.
Moozy is offline   Reply With Quote