ReCom.org
SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Questions on MUET

chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#11 Old 11-04-2005 Default

sorry to hear the situation as explained by balderdash and wawa. How about the experience of others?

This kind of situation merits serious concern.
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#12 Old 11-04-2005 Default

Posts copied from redundant thread. Please continue discussion here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeszz87
ok...tq 4 the advice..but frankly 2 say ..
hmm..MUET ..i got some ques:
1)should i buy a writting composition books 2 study in order 2 improve my writting skill?
(i ask so because i ve bought a lot of compososition books when i am sitting 4 SPM n PMR..but i ...think reading paper is more better or what??what is your opinion ??)
2)isnt it is the suitable time 4 me 2 do the passed year que as i dont start form 6 yet..??i know it s no loss if u start earlier..
(previously i used 2 do the passed year que ..i prepared earlier ..but i think i cant use the same study method 2 study form 6 because i think we must have different study method in different stage ie..4 PMR..SPM..N STPM..)isnt true??
3)i ask so because i scare my study method is wrong.maybe some of u may say different people have different s.method..i am not confident with myself ..please share ur study method here ok..let say do u all study till late at night??
4)i need 2 read more idioms??isnt it is helpful 4 us??
ok thanks..
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
flibbertigibbet

#13 Old 11-04-2005 Default

Jeszz87,

1. To improve your writing skills, you don't really have to rely altogether on composition books. Those are just examples on how essays can be written and how points can be elaborated and put into paragraphs. Well, in my opinion, you have to read more articles, newspapers, magazines or books in English, so that you get used to how words are strung into phrases and then sentences. You will get used to the flow of English sentences after a while.

2. Not necessarily different methods for different stages. Just choose the one which works best for you and that you are most comfortable with. Past year questions? Yeah, practise with them if you can find any. The style for examination questions is almost the same every year.

4. Idioms. You lose nothing knowing more right? You can quote some in your essays when necessary and impress the examiner.
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#14 Old 11-04-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibbertigibbet
Jeszz87,

1. To improve your writing skills, you don't really have to rely altogether on composition books. Those are just examples on how essays can be written and how points can be elaborated and put into paragraphs. Well, in my opinion, you have to read more articles, newspapers, magazines or books in English, so that you get used to how words are strung into phrases and then sentences. You will get used to the flow of English sentences after a while.

2. Not necessarily different methods for different stages. Just choose the one which works best for you and that you are most comfortable with. Past year questions? Yeah, practise with them if you can find any. The style for examination questions is almost the same every year.

4. Idioms. You lose nothing knowing more right? You can quote some in your essays when necessary and impress the examiner.
yeah, i agree with that, there's actually no need to buys all those composition books just for the sake of improving your english, although you may improve, the money's not worth it...you may just as well go buy items which i have stated in my earlier post here...anyway..good luck to you who are takin the exam later on

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
yen_05
Less Junior Member

#15 Old 03-05-2005 Default

From what i know that MUET exam is held twice a year....once in April and another once in october....(correct me if i'm wrong)... I have a question here: shall i sign up to be a private candidate for MUET for this coming October session?? My english is not that fantastic(perhaps i can say it's quite poor) but i would like to sign up for it earlier....the reasons i want to sign up early is:
1. Can gain experience in that exam
2. If i'm not lucky enough, i got a lousy topic for the speaking and ended up with a poor grade then i will still have a second chance & third chance when i am in upper 6.
3. If i'm lucky enough, i got a good grade then i will have one subject less to worry in upper 6.... can truly concentrate on other subjects....you know one subject less means you will have a lighter burden...
Anyone...can give me some idea??
Less Junior Member

#16 Old 16-05-2005 Default

I understand that there are altogether 4 candidates in 1 group. Wut if the other 2 or 3 do not turn up, will the oral test still go on?
shrenka is offline   Reply With Quote
nxwen
Less Junior Member

#17 Old 16-05-2005 Default

yen_05 : Why not? I took MUET while in lower 6 as well. As you said, you can gain experience. Some of my friends even took it 3 times. So, it's up to you.

shrenka : The groups will only be allocate on the day itself. So if some candidates didn't turn up, the person in the quarantine room will rearrange your group. Sometimes there are groups with 3 people only. So don't worry about it.
nxwen is offline   Reply With Quote
reign226

#18 Old 18-05-2005 Default

What did you think of this year's May MUET? Overall for me it's quite okay, with the exception of the Essay question, which I find to be terribly vague. Something along the lines of "An educated person is more mature". I seriously don't know what 'isi' to write.
gen2

#19 Old 18-05-2005 Default muet

isnt lower 6 2005 can take muet this coming novem\ber?how bout your opinion?isnt we can take muet for twice times??
gohweihan
Slightly Senior Member

#20 Old 18-05-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reign226
What did you think of this year's May MUET? Overall for me it's quite okay, with the exception of the Essay question, which I find to be terribly vague. Something along the lines of "An educated person is more mature". I seriously don't know what 'isi' to write.
You really should be glad that topics so open came out. I was wishing for that kind of topics (with that level of freedom), but too bad it wasn't quite so.