ReCom.org
Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

Is cursing okay?

View Poll Results: Is cursing okay?
Why not? I do it all the time 10 12.20%
Only among my close friends 13 15.85%
Only when I'm really pissed off 48 58.54%
Absolutely no. Try it in front of me and I'm slapping you right in the face! 11 13.41%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

masdie

#1 Old 25-04-2005 Default Is cursing okay?

what do you people think about cursing?

to me, i feel vulgars as a form of expression is okay in a sense. but to scold other people with profanities is totally unacceptable.
masdie is offline   Reply With Quote
PJKru

#2 Old 25-04-2005 Default

I think its definetely wrong in public. And you shouldnt say it to another person.
PJKru is offline   Reply With Quote
iQing

#3 Old 25-04-2005 Default

It is a sign of "lack of discipline"

It worsen communication amongst people and it is harmful to social network.

改变不能接受的,接受不能改变的-- 王喜--- tvb 追魂交易
wendy
Less Junior Member

#4 Old 26-04-2005 Default

i feel really uneasy when i hear ppl cursing.......dunno y!
sometimes when i'm having bad mood n feel like cursing.....i'll curse them in my mind....i dun hav the guts to say it out loud! haha
however i do use words like 'idiot', 'stupid' , 'moron', 'dumbo','jackass'...etc........those r not considered as vulgar rite? haha
wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
flibbertigibbet

#5 Old 26-04-2005 Default

Cursing is certainly not okay to me.

Cursing leads discussions to nowhere. Cursing brings you further away from the solution. By cursing, you can hardly get your message across. You will get others into total confusion as a result.

I read about this some time before. Instead of cursing when you are mad, why not try to suppress your anger and keep your head. When all around you are losing control, stay calm and not make matters worse.

Misunderstandings occur when you curse. Just remember that. Silently count till 10 or 20 before you spit out your favourite curses. Usually by the time you finish counting, you will have lost the urge to curse, really.
iQing

#6 Old 26-04-2005 Default

When you feel very bad,
try to close your eyes and smile for 10 minutes
it works !

sno

#7 Old 26-04-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibbertigibbet
Cursing is certainly not okay to me.

Cursing leads discussions to nowhere. Cursing brings you further away from the solution. By cursing, you can hardly get your message across. You will get others into total confusion as a result.

I read about this some time before. Instead of cursing when you are mad, why not try to suppress your anger and keep your head. When all around you are losing control, stay calm and not make matters worse.

Misunderstandings occur when you curse. Just remember that. Silently count till 10 or 20 before you spit out your favourite curses. Usually by the time you finish counting, you will have lost the urge to curse, really.
eggy's against cursing??!! oh no!!

*thinks of the times that i swore on nightly msn conversations..........

well, sometimes, if everyone around u have always cursed like it's nothing, it feels like nothing.........*shrug
...........but using curses to scold ppl is rude, i agree.............

#8 Old 26-04-2005 Default

oh... I always curse those who made me angry to 'jatuh ke dalam longkang', thinking that's not a really harmful curse

-USM undergraduate-

My Blog ~ http://hedwigelaine.blogspot.com
leng_cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
DecentMerson

#9 Old 26-04-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng_cyl
oh... I always curse those who made me angry to 'jatuh ke dalam longkang', thinking that's not a really harmful curse
i dun think the curse we are discussing here is the curse u are talking about?? i think they are talking about cursing as in using profanities.. swearing those F word, A word... u know...

I think cursing is limited to certain places, certain people and and certain time... I curse a lot... most of the time, cursing myself... Like after making some silly mistakes in a game(computer games and sports alike), in doing homework or quizzes or exam...

For me, cursing is just another way of expressing ur feelings... a way to release stress... (it works for me, but i do feel better after cursing) maybe others might think that it is not 'civilized' to curse, but i rarely curse in the public... so, that's fine for me...
It is also a way of motivating urself... By punishing myself for making silly mistakes by cursing, I tends to be able to learn from those mistakes...

other than that, I only curse in front of my close friends...

Definitely not in front of my parents or relatives, and not in the public...

So, i think as long as u know how to discipline urself and know where and when not to curse, cursing is fine...
DecentMerson is offline   Reply With Quote
iQing

#10 Old 26-04-2005 Default

what about cursing in internet abbreviation...
Nowadays we see rude abb. like

WTF
STFU
GTH

are they acceptable?