ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Science Expo > Psychology

Psychology Want to read people's mind? Know something about the brain composition? Come here.

Welcome to the Psychology SIG, plz introduce urselves here..

FCHP Male
Less Junior Member

#1 Old 03-11-2005 Default Welcome to the Psychology SIG, plz introduce urselves here..

Although we would have probably introduced ourselves in the recom main forum but for the benefit of people here, let's redo a bit of introductions with perhaps a little more emphasis on psychology. How we are involved in it? Our background in psychology and perhaps our interests in any particular fields of psychology.. Oh and also please give some suggestions for activities or for the visionary types what you envision this SIG to become so we can try to work together and put some plans into action...

Since this is a psychology SIG, my Myers Brigg personality type is performer which i obtained from the following site http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...erformer.shtml
and i totally disagree with it

Well the "totally" part was just for effect, actually some parts are agreeable but i don't think it describes me well. Just shows my support for psychology huh... anyway on with the introductions...

Name: Fabian Chan Huan Pheng
Current Location: Sabah
Hometown: Sitiawan

Actually i've no background in psychology haha... though because of my field which is information technology, i have worked in the analysis of psychological data with some other psychology student. Oh and i've also gone around asking people to fill in questionnaires on behalf of banshee who is the real psychology moderator haha...

But to be honest, i've had an interest in people (didn't call it psychology at that time) from my teenage years and i'm sure you'll find this really weird but i had a log book of friends. A book in which i alphabetically ordered profiles of my friends. When i met them, how i met them, how much i' ve gotten to know them, how they've changed... well you get the picture... better stop before making myself sound more like some homocidal maniac...
maybe i'll elaborate on that next time... about what i did with it...hahaha...

On the activities part, I think i'll let banshee brief on that but one of my abilities i can share for psychology is on data analysis, my research deals with automated analysis of seemingly useless data in order to extract information. For example, like analysis of supermarket receipts to find out what stuff people usually buy together thus allowing supermarkets to strategically arrange associated stuff on the same shelf.... did you know diapers and beer is associated? anyway this is my area and i'll explain more later about automated analysis...

On to the next person then...
FCHP is offline   Reply With Quote
banshee
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 04-11-2005 Default Banshee's profile

Hiya...

^_^ konnichiwa...
my name is Coral Lean,
a 2nd year counseling psychology student of UMS.
planning to further my study in clinical psy.

because of my interest in psychology, wish to find someone else who's also interested in it too...

em...what else?
pls feel free to join our SIG~

no matter if you feel slightly interested in pscyhology, or always browse through the self-help corner n try to find something which suits u, or.. wondering how human's mind function, and what;s the difference between guys and girls, women and men~

this is a place for u, hop in!

~coral

iQing

#3 Old 04-11-2005 Default

iQing

interested in stuffs like PRS, NLP, orgonomy, WIE, MC conspiracy, and Jungian theory.

and I think psychology is very limited...
prefer to explore psyche via quantum physics
banshee
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 04-11-2005 Default please refer...

please refer to my other forum
introduction of psychology, thanks~

~coral
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#5 Old 04-11-2005 Default

seehua aka the ghost...

not directly involved in the field of psychology, but interested in it nevertheless..

will be taking optical electronics engineeering in germany...

been doing counselling for other ppl for a few months and love to observe and learn from my surroundings...

nice to meet you all there

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
banshee
Super Junior Member

#6 Old 04-11-2005 Default welcome~

welcome,see hua ^_^
thanks for joining us~
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#7 Old 04-11-2005 Default

u r welcome

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
iQing

#8 Old 04-11-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua
seehua aka the ghost...

not directly involved in the field of psychology, but interested in it nevertheless..

will be taking optical electronics engineeering in germany...

been doing counselling for other ppl for a few months and love to observe and learn from my surroundings...

nice to meet you all there
so my junior..
prepare to experience weird weather here.. hehe
deRame
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 05-11-2005 Default

my real name is abdur-rahman mohd zahari. i'm currently studying in augsburg, germany (not far from aalen, iQing's study place).

and yeah, just like vseehua, i'm also not directly involved in the field of psychology, but interested to know more about this field. hopefully, i would gain interesting knowledge from this SiG.
deRame is offline   Reply With Quote
FCHP Male
Less Junior Member

#10 Old 05-11-2005 Default

psyche is pretty interesting or at least relevant to most people save for the really introverted people phobic types...

So welcome everyone
FCHP is offline   Reply With Quote