ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Science Expo > Psychology

Psychology Want to read people's mind? Know something about the brain composition? Come here.

Welcome to the Psychology SIG, plz introduce urselves here..

iQing

#11 Old 05-11-2005 Default

I remember when I was in secondary school,
I find graphotheraphie very useful in building character..
try it, it is fun

I recommend balanced zones, vertical slant and middle size.
make it tidy and start slowly

writing with left hand helps opening hidden talent as well.
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#12 Old 06-11-2005 Default

nice to meet you all here too...hope to learn from you guys...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
oneforthelord
Less Junior Member

#13 Old 07-11-2005 Default

hello semua! Me am Jamie, just joined ReCom today. Didn't really know this place existed! I'm a Psych major in NUS right now, on to my second year.

Psychology for me is really a means to an end: I want to help people, especially those locked up in asylums. As such, my interest is mainly Abnormal Psych, leaning toward Clinical/Counseling. I plan to further my studies in Auckland Uni, and then go PhD-ing in Stanford if possible. My dream is to be the best Clinical Psychologist in the world! Muahahaha

I believe this is a great way to network. Next time when we graduate can already have international contacts with other Psychologists

*edit*

By the way, I took the personality survey and lo and behold, I'm a Counselor! Fits exactly into the way I function

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...ype=counsellor
oneforthelord is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#14 Old 08-11-2005 Default

way to go man...

haha...it's my main aim to help out others too...but in a different way...let's make the world a better place to live in

hmm..yea, took the test last nite and i'm a innovator..which features fits me the most..though i hv lots of personality traits from other classes as well...perhaps i'm the jack of all trades and master of none??..just kidding la...i realize that i do hv my own specialties as well...what is it?? i'd prefer not to tell now..those who know me will know what they are...hehe...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
banshee
Super Junior Member

#15 Old 09-11-2005 Default hi, jamie..

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneforthelord
By the way, I took the personality survey and lo and behold, I'm a Counselor! Fits exactly into the way I function

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...ype=counsellor
hiya.. jamie.. welcome in..
anyway..i think it's good to hear from you..since our group is dominated by engineers..haha...

anyway..good to hear about your dream. counselor, in the MBTI... nice..
i'm a master mind anyway....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbo...ype=mastermind
lotus
Less Junior Member

#16 Old 18-11-2005 Default

As an accounting student, I'm not even remotely involved in studying psychology. However, I have always suspected I have an inclination towards it. I just tried some psychology tests in the site given by FCHP. I find them interesting and they reveal some interesting details about me. My personality; I never guess I am a nurterer?? haha

According to the the career test I should throw away my financial/accounting books and follow my artistic heart and soul!! Without much artistic talent to boast of, I should at least be thinking of social oriented careers such as clinic phychologists. This part of the results must be valid. Otherwise, how do I explain my drifting to this SIG? haha
Less Junior Member

#17 Old 18-11-2005 Default

Haha nice to see you here. Welcome! Though I'm newer than you

Throw out your accounting books? Well, not if you want to earn money Psychologists aren't really that highly paid, you know. Psychiatrists are, but that's because they're medical doctors. So unless you have a deep and burning passion for burning your financial/accounting books, don't burn them
oneforthelord is offline   Reply With Quote
banshee
Super Junior Member

#18 Old 18-11-2005 Default :)

save your accounting books...not everyone can do what they really like in life... ^_*

i might go to be a writer if not major in psychology..hahaa

anyway..welcome in to our Psychology SIG, lotus~
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#19 Old 18-11-2005 Default

welcome to oneoftheload and lotus...hehe..hope we all can share with each other secrets of our mind here

lotus
Less Junior Member

#20 Old 20-11-2005 Default

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua
welcome to oneoftheload and lotus...hehe..hope we all can share with each other secrets of our mind here
hehe..share secrets? erm..we shall see =)