ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Science Expo > Psychology

Psychology Want to read people's mind? Know something about the brain composition? Come here.

Welcome to the Psychology SIG, plz introduce urselves here..

alamanda_star Female
Less Junior Member

#31 Old 20-02-2006 Default

thanks for ur help vseehua.. really appreciate that...
alamanda_star is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#32 Old 20-02-2006 Default

u r welcome...good luck in your test

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
aubrey
Super Junior Member

#33 Old 04-03-2006 Default hello fellow malaysians

8O

interesting idea, this. i wonder how many more psychology graduates we have out there?
aubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#34 Old 04-03-2006 Default

hi aubrey....welcome to recom, and the psychology sig...

hehe...

the more the better...cz number of crazy people are increasing..but i hope the psychologists in turn won't get crazy..infected by crazy people...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
aubrey
Super Junior Member

#35 Old 04-03-2006 Default what is crazy?

hello vsehua!

what would you define by crazy, personally? in chinese societies until lately, crazy would include those who see or hear voices. i suspect that some still do think so (whether in singapore, malaysia, taiwan, hk etc elsewhere). the way they would explain this craziness is- ghosts.

in psychology, you'd say too, they are crazy, but offer a different explanation- past childhood (Freud) schizophrenia (biomedical/abnormal psychology) brain trauma/acquired injury (neuropscyhology)

so what say you, friend? i am interested in what you guys think.
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#36 Old 04-03-2006 Default

hmm....in this context i mean those who had stressed themselves over the limit, ie, with psychological problems...

hehe...i always refer to myself as the ghost..yea..i'm one of those crazy ones as well..

PaTiEnT Female
Less Junior Member

#37 Old 15-03-2006 Default

hi all~ I'm Helen.. I'm in my third year doing BA (Psych) in Uni of Melb.
PaTiEnT is offline   Reply With Quote
aubrey
Super Junior Member

#38 Old 15-03-2006 Default

hey helen! hehe fancy seeing you here....
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#39 Old 16-03-2006 Default

hi there..haha...patient eh..nice to meet ya here...

wonder where did all the other guys gone too...

and wondering what the heck is an engineer...oops..it's...future engineer... doing here...hehe...

OperaGhost
Super Junior Member

#40 Old 10-07-2006 Default

Hi there, Mr Casper @ the ghost. Another so-called future engineer here. Intro: Just call me Opera Ghost.

I'm a JPA scholar, will be flying to the United States to read Engineering this coming Fall. Currently I'm enjoying my last week in INTEC Shah Alam under American Degree Foundation Program (ATU12).

I'm taking Introduction to Psychology in my third semester. The book we use is "Psychology- An Introduction" by Benjamin B. Lahey (eighth edition) Actually I'm supposed to study for my last psychology test right now. Hehe..

I find the subject not only educational but enlighting as well. I learn more about myself and human behavior in general. So far the topics we covered include: biological foundations of behavior, states of consciousness, basic principles of learning, memory, developmental psychology, motivation and emotion, personality theories and assessment, stress and health

What I have learned is just, of course, a tiny scratch out of a gigantic iceberg. Or just the thin vapour hovering on top of it, perhaps. How can someone possibly understand psychology well in two months' time? I will probably get a minor in psychology later. (That is, if I can cope with my engineering course well enough. ) Now I wish to read more on this vast topic. Any recommendations? (I prefer something light, don't give me a dictionary-size textbook!)
OperaGhost is offline   Reply With Quote