ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Preparations For Scholarship Interview

crapzzz
Less Junior Member

#31 Old 12-02-2006 Default

Hope everyone is willingly keeping the ball rolling............... let's be the achiver together
crapzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
crapzzz
Less Junior Member

#32 Old 12-02-2006 Default

Is it we hv to speak up with a 'format' in a group interview? For instance, we have to give introduction, then the content and then the conclusion?

IMHO, a group interview shud be done in the pattern of sharing information which doesnt require us to summarize wad we hv spoken and then make a conclusion each time we finish our elaboration. I think we shud react like we r hving discussion with frens. If jpa really wants us to follow certain format, they shud hv ask us to perform a short public speaking one by one, why on earth they want us 2 do a group interview?? (correct me if i m wrong)

BTW, i m a fresh spm leaver which do not hv experience in attending any interviews......... =D
and sorry if my post offended any of u..........
MothBall
Less Junior Member

#33 Old 12-02-2006 Default

baca surat khabar, berlatih bercakap di depan cermin, kemudian buat senaman supaya tidak gemuk agar nampak "fit".
Less Junior Member

#34 Old 12-02-2006 Default

ignore this post.........erorr
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#35 Old 13-02-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapzzz
Is it we hv to speak up with a 'format' in a group interview? For instance, we have to give introduction, then the content and then the conclusion?

IMHO, a group interview shud be done in the pattern of sharing information which doesnt require us to summarize wad we hv spoken and then make a conclusion each time we finish our elaboration. I think we shud react like we r hving discussion with frens. If jpa really wants us to follow certain format, they shud hv ask us to perform a short public speaking one by one, why on earth they want us 2 do a group interview?? (correct me if i m wrong)

BTW, i m a fresh spm leaver which do not hv experience in attending any interviews......... =D
and sorry if my post offended any of u..........
The main reason that they are having group interview is because it would simulate real world meeting situation, and hence it would be able to see how you would coordinate discussion in meetings. So, basically, it would be just as if you are leading some meetings in government and corporate world.
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
crapzzz
Less Junior Member

#36 Old 13-02-2006 Default

That means one of the member of the group will be the chairman who conduct the discussion or the interviewer will be the chairman?
And if we are appointed 2 be the chairman, is it we hv a bigger chance 2 get the scholarship? I mean get higher marks in the g.interview.
Patrick

#37 Old 13-02-2006 Default

In my group, there wasn't any leader. We just spoke and answered the interviewer's questions
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
crapzzz
Less Junior Member

#38 Old 13-02-2006 Default

ermmm...... the interviewer asked everyone of u each question and u all hv 2 answer it one by one?
that means like u are doin solo interview in front of a group of ppl?
Jhuen
Less Junior Member

#39 Old 13-02-2006 Default

actually, in my case,it was like a discussion. the interviewer gave us the topic(which was national service) and we just started the ball rolling...opinions, experiences, etc.the interviewer just chipped in along the way..
Jhuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Patrick

#40 Old 14-02-2006 Default

Well, it was actually a group interview in which a topic was chosen by the interviewer. Mine was courtesy.
The interview asked questions when the discussion got stuck, mainly because of immature comments.

Don't you ever make immature comments. They're dumb and hilarious.

There was a guy who did this.

Interviewer = What do you think of the government's initiative to launch the courtesy campaign?
Guy = I think that it's useless.......useless! Nobody cares about these things.

Gosh, he should've rephrased it or something.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote