ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > SPM & STPM

SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Foreign University Application for STPM students

sunshine88
Slightly Senior Member

#21 Old 14-10-2006 Default

ooppss..sorry for the misunderstanding..I thought aikws took medic...Well,meselsohnstahl...how about the english u used?I did read one of an essay answer sample written by emmanuel anand raj from the BMAT website....and wow..his english and his whole essay is a killer man.. 8O 8O ..I wonder if i can be on par with that standard.....
sunshine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
dragonlem
Super Junior Member

#22 Old 14-10-2006 Default Any scholarship in Malaysia?

Dear all,

Though I'm studying in US now under JPA scholarship, but I want to help my friends in M'sia..

They oftenly ask me what kind of scholarship they could apply since they're in Malaysia?

Is there any specific local or international scholarship that you all could tell?

Please share... Thank you so much

Regards,
Victor
dragonlem is offline   Reply With Quote
YiYang
Less Junior Member

#23 Old 14-10-2006 Default

Hi,aikws,just to ask,what scholarship or funding did you get to study in Cambridge?
I would like to know and I think it would help others too.
YiYang is offline   Reply With Quote
sunshine88
Slightly Senior Member

#24 Old 14-10-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YiYang
Hi,aikws,just to ask,what scholarship or funding did you get to study in Cambridge?
I would like to know and I think it would help others too.
if i'm not mistaken it's cambridge commonwealth trust scholarship...isn't it aikws??
aikws
Less Junior Member

#25 Old 15-10-2006 Default

Yes, you are right. I am under the sponsorship of Cambridge Commonwealth Trusts which can only be applied after you have got your conditional offer from the University of Cambridge.

So, the key is, even without any sponsorship when you are studying STPM or A level, apply to Cambridge first.
aikws is offline   Reply With Quote
meselsohnstahl

#26 Old 15-10-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine88
ooppss..sorry for the misunderstanding..I thought aikws took medic...Well,meselsohnstahl...how about the english u used?I did read one of an essay answer sample written by emmanuel anand raj from the BMAT website....and wow..his english and his whole essay is a killer man.. 8O 8O ..I wonder if i can be on par with that standard.....
erm.. (sorry if i said the same thing somewhere else..lapar la.. buka puasa in one hour's time)

dont worry tooooooo much bout the essay part. i talked to some of my friends, and one mat salleh girl got less than me in the essay part(less than 6/15)!!!! but our scientific part was good.. we mostly got well above the average mark, one guy got top 2% for it!! (though be warned that we all sat for bmat last year and have sort of forgotten our marks, and my friends might have sort of exaggerated their marks!!!)o, we all got into cambridge. the thing is, its not just ur bmat that they look at. there's still ur interview, personal statement, reference from teacher...

just try ur best!!!
meselsohnstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
sunshine88
Slightly Senior Member

#27 Old 15-10-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meselsohnstahl
[just try ur best!!!
ha..hah..i can only try my best after 1 years above..i'm still a lower six ma....
Anyway,aikws..I got to know that u were interviewed by Dr.Barnes..Can u pls. share with us what sort of questions did he asked u??
YiYang
Less Junior Member

#28 Old 15-10-2006 Default

aikws,for the US universities applications,how many Teacher's Reference did you submit?
Even including your co-curricular teachers?
For others who have applied to US also, please give me some info on that.
Just need some info and advices from you all.

Thank You.
YiYang is offline   Reply With Quote
aikws
Less Junior Member

#29 Old 16-10-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YiYang
aikws,for the US universities applications,how many Teacher's Reference did you submit?
Even including your co-curricular teachers?
For others who have applied to US also, please give me some info on that.
Just need some info and advices from you all.

Thank You.
I submitted 4. From bio teacher, english teacher, school counselor, and an advisor from Buddhist Association who is also my tutor. For the two teachers, usually they would like one from science and one from arts. school counselor one was requested. The fourth one is actually optional.
aikws is offline   Reply With Quote
sunshine88
Slightly Senior Member

#30 Old 16-10-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikws
I submitted 4. From bio teacher, english teacher, school counselor, and an advisor from Buddhist Association who is also my tutor. For the two teachers, usually they would like one from science and one from arts. school counselor one was requested. The fourth one is actually optional.
ermm..may i know what did the teahers wrote in their references.?..what i mean is..was it like giving credits for your achievements..progress of academic in school..involvements..bla..bla..