ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > SPM & STPM

SPM & STPM Post questions on SPM and STPM topics ONLY.

Foreign University Application for STPM students

VK
Super Junior Member

#41 Old 19-10-2006 Default

As sunshine88 says all international qualifications are on par with each other. However I heard from my school teachers that Cambridge and few other top uni's look highly at STPM. This is because we have to cram more into our skulls compared to our A-Level brethren since A- Levels can be divided into two semesters.

Anyways anybody interested in some insight into our local uni's, I can remove the veil of secrecy some what.... juz post ur questions.

Anyways Good Luck to all You Guys Out there.
VK is offline   Reply With Quote
sunshine88
Slightly Senior Member

#42 Old 23-10-2006 Default

Is BMAT question paper returnable?if so can anybody who has it would be kind to post them here(especially section 3)....I'd be grateful for that...I don't think i can get into USA universities,cuz i have to at least studied and obtained a degree in one accredited college in USA/Canada..So,juz wanna concentrate on Aus. Singapore and UK..

And anybody can provide extra information on the Endeavour Scholarship by Aus. goverment?I'm still not blur about whether we(STPM leavers) can apply for that..
sunshine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
caramel_nut Female
Slightly Senior Member

#43 Old 24-10-2006 Default

I would recommend that you refrain from taking IELTS first if you intend to further your studies in UK.

Normally, the conditional offers do not include an English requirement with the exception of Oxbridge.

So, unless if you get a conditional offer from a UK uni which stipulates that you take IELTS, then don't waste your money. Normally, if you get an A1 in III9, Camb won't ask for the IELTS. No guarantee though.

Just want to add a note, Cambridge no longer accepts TOELF in lieu of IELTS. If you wish to go to Australia, then you should take IELTS.
caramel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
sunshine88
Slightly Senior Member

#44 Old 24-10-2006 Default

he..heh..thanks caramel..Guess that u've read my earlier question about english language requirements.I'd deleted it cuz it was then only i realised that i had post questions regarding it earlier in this thread..
sunshine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
caramel_nut Female
Slightly Senior Member

#45 Old 24-10-2006 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine88
So,juz wanna concentrate on Aus. Singapore and UK..
You shouldn't have much problem getting admited into a UK medical programme provided you do well in STPM, BMAT and the interview. Not very sure about Australia universities but what I heard is that you'll need straight As, do well in the written tests and pass the interview. Quite similar to UK ones. However, Singapore's medic is very competitive in term of undergraduate admission. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No harm trying though.
aikws
Less Junior Member

#46 Old 24-10-2006 Default

I do agree that entry into NUS undergraduate medicine is tough, esp for international students. Moreover, if one is not taking Singapore A level in JC, it will be very difficult. They usually only take in one or two from STPM each year. I have gone through it and can tell you that it is really not easy.
aikws is offline   Reply With Quote
terence_lim
Less Junior Member

#47 Old 24-10-2006 Default @.@""

hey, everybody. i m currently a lower 6 student. i wonder what is :

#GCSE 1119 ( is it SPM GCE O level english??)
#IELTS
#BMAT
#SATs
#TOEFL
#UCAS

if i m not mistaken, these are some of the english tests right?
when should we sit for the tests? and.. aikws, how to apply Cambridge Commonwealth Trusts?

thanks.
terence_lim is offline   Reply With Quote
bush
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#48 Old 24-10-2006 Default Re: @.@""

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence_lim

#IELTS
#BMAT
#SATs
#TOEFL
#UCAS

when should we sit for the tests? and.. aikws, how to apply Cambridge Commonwealth Trusts?

thanks.
google them.
bush is offline   Reply With Quote
caramel_nut Female
Slightly Senior Member

#49 Old 25-10-2006 Default Re: @.@""

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence_lim

#IELTS
#BMAT
#SATs
#TOEFL
#UCAS

thanks.
google them.
Agree.
aikws
Less Junior Member

#50 Old 25-10-2006 Default

Cambridge Commonwealth Trusts? I thought I have mentioned it several times before. Try to find out in a few UK related threads. If still cant find only repost the question.
aikws is offline   Reply With Quote