ReCom.org
Reading Sharing Share your past, present, and future readings here.

Harry Potter

bp_ffei

#31 Old 06-05-2005 Default

By the time you read the 5th book strange characters will come out (like Luna Lovegood) that don't exactly contribute much to the final outcome in that book. JK Rowling is preparing characters for the books to come I guess...

#32 Old 07-05-2005 Default

I regretted buying the 5th book. ntah apa-apa one.Then after 6 months, the book price plummeted to RM 30. darn.

I will only spend 100 bucks on JK Rowling if she gets some good reviews on the 6th one. Cos Harry is getting really mushy and I don't like the mushy Harry.

Plus i am too old for Harry Potter.

#33 Old 07-05-2005 Default

I like the 4th book most. It has the best plot with the Triwizard Tournament and all. I was hoping for something unique in the 5th book but J. K. Rowling let me down.

Still, I am looking forward to the release of the 6th book. And not to forget the Harry Potter 4 (my favourite) movie in November.
petertok

#34 Old 08-05-2005 Default

The 6th book is coming out on July 16th !!

Can't wait to read it... I'll buy only when the price drops this time...

Meanwhile , I managed to find something abt this 6th book..

Quote:
The following is a list of facts that we know about book six, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

From JKRowling.com:
- The link between Chamber of Secrets and Half-Blood Prince relates to a discovery Harry made in 'Chamber' that foreshadows something that he finds out in 'Prince'.
- Tom Riddle is not the Half Blood Prince (he is Voldemort).
- Arthur Weasley is not the Minister of Magic.
- Crucial information in The Half-Blood Prince was originally planned to be placed in Chamber of Secrets, the second book.
- The HBP (half-blood prince) is not Harry or Voldemort.
- There will not be two chapters in book six titled "Lupin's Papers" and "The Lovegoods in Court."
- An excerpt from HBP: "He looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp."
- More characters will die in book six.
- Three chapter titles from the Half-Blood Prince: "Spinners End" (Chap. 2), "Draco's Detour" (Chap. 6), and "Felix Felicis" (Chap. 14)
- Neville and Luna will not form a relationship with each other.
- Harry's shortened stay at the Dursley's (see below) will not result from another court case - rather, he will be leaving for "a much pleasanter reason."

From August 2004 Edinburgh Book Festival:
- Grawp will become more controllable in the sixth book.
- There will be a new character called McClaggan.
- We will see a bit more of Rita Skeeter.
- Petunia Dursley is not a Squib, as she is a muggle, but there is more to Petunia than what meets the eye - we will find out what that is.
- Life gets "quite tough" for most of the characters, especially Harry.
- We will see more of Blaise Zabini, who was recently confirmed as male.
- Dudley Dursley is not the Half Blood Prince.
- Professor Lockhart will not appear in future books.

From March 2004 World Book Day Chat:
- We'll find out more about Peter Pettigrew and what happened to him.
- Harry will tell his nearest and dearest about the propechy when he's ready.
- The wizarding world is really at war again, and Harry has to master his own feelings to make himself useful.
- Muggles are noticing more and more odd happenings now that Voldemort has returned.
- We will find out more about the circumstances of Voldemort's birth.
- Tonks and Moaning Myrtle will be back.
- Harry won't stay with the Dursleys all summer; in fact, he will have his shortest stay yet.
- We'll see more of Narcissa Malfoy.
- Hermione and Draco will not date (duh...)
- We'll find out more about the relationship between Snape and Sirius in their Hogwarts days.
- Harry won't get back together with Cho Chang.
- Winky will never be in the same state she was prior to the events of Goblet of Fire.
- We will find out more about Grawp, the giant (Hagrid's half-brother).
- There will be a new Minister of Magic.
Quoted from http://www.veritaserum.com/books/book6/verified.shtml
petertok is offline   Reply With Quote
nxwen
Less Junior Member

#35 Old 08-05-2005 Default

I'm still reading the 5th book. Dunno why it took me so long to just reach pg 200. I just find Harry not so appealing in the 5th book.

Btw, I had (or rather, my brother) pre-ordered the 6th book. It surely cost a bomb but I still prefer the hard-back. Don't know if I have the time to read it though, sigh....uni starting soon.
nxwen is offline   Reply With Quote
bp_ffei

#36 Old 08-05-2005 Default

Dunno how it's like in Malaysia, but the last time when I prebooked Harry Potter 5 in Singapore (Popular bookstore), I got 20% discount. I bought a hardcover one of course (adult version)...

#37 Old 08-05-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_ffei
Dunno how it's like in Malaysia, but the last time when I prebooked Harry Potter 5 in Singapore (Popular bookstore), I got 20% discount. I bought a hardcover one of course (adult version)...
but if you dengan sabarnya wait after 6 months to get your hands on that book, you get a 60% rebate. HaRd coVer sommore.

I went to Popular yesterday and yeah, members get 10% discount, not very enticing tho.

#38 Old 08-05-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolilo
Quote:
but if you dengan sabarnya wait after 6 months to get your hands on that book, you get a 60% rebate. HaRd coVer sommore.

I went to Popular yesterday and yeah, members get 10% discount, not very enticing tho.
Members always get 10% discount dont they ? Nth spectacular.

Why do you guys have to pre-book it btw ? Higher discounts?

Haizz , i wonder when will sitiawan have a popular/mph.
petertok is offline   Reply With Quote
bp_ffei

#39 Old 08-05-2005 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petertok
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolilo
Quote:

Members always get 10% discount dont they ? Nth spectacular.

Why do you guys have to pre-book it btw ? Higher discounts?

Haizz , i wonder when will sitiawan have a popular/mph.
I think they pre-book it because they are kiasu. Haha... I pre-booked for fun...

And ya, waiting six months for the book is fine with me... But honestly by that time I would probably have finished reading it (pinjam from friends!!!)...
Less Junior Member

#40 Old 09-05-2005 Default

yeah,after 6 months,we will know the spoilers already cos everyone will be talking about it. Thats why everyone wants to preoreder it.(I really dun wan 2 know who is the half blood prince from the other person,but only from book)
Aki is offline   Reply With Quote