ReCom.org
Education This is the place where we would discuss anything about education issues!!!

JPA Bond

emzz
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 11-05-2007 Default JPA Bond

Just wanted to find out , for the 6/10 years that you are bonded to the gov, do they post u to anywhere in the country that they want?

Or do you get to choose where u want to work as long as it's a gov department?
emzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Vint

#2 Old 11-05-2007 Default

From what i heard,you cannot get to choose where you wanna work but u can appeal for changing place..in malaysia only of course
Vint is offline   Reply With Quote
emzz
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 11-05-2007 Default

Oh i see. Thanks
emzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Vint

#4 Old 11-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzz
Oh i see. Thanks
No problem
Vint is offline   Reply With Quote
zhuzhai89
Super Junior Member

#5 Old 11-05-2007 Default

how long is the bond actually?and is it possible for us to break the bond halfway when we have enough money?
zhuzhai89 is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#6 Old 11-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuzhai89
how long is the bond actually?and is it possible for us to break the bond halfway when we have enough money?
you pay off what is spent on you first...

we had discussed this issue over and over and over and over again ever since eternity... please go and search first before creating new redundant threads...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
zell_ll
Less Junior Member

#7 Old 11-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuzhai89
you pay off what is spent on you first...

we had discussed this issue over and over and over and over again ever since eternity... please go and search first before creating new redundant threads...
Yea agree with you..why alwiz think about bond..if don;t want bond, don't sign the contract...give chance to other ppl..
zell_ll is offline   Reply With Quote
sihan
Less Junior Member

#8 Old 11-05-2007 Default

Don't think of bond first.... If you come from affluent family,, then you can consider to break. but wait for a minute, isn't scholarship supposed to be prepared for poor students???

Look at the bright side, the bond is actually an insurance, that ensures you are definitely employed by someone. Some professions are tend to be more susceptible to unemployment..... But I pity some students in certain courses, their bond is really too long and not propotionate to what they spend under those courses...
sihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Drew
Super Junior Member

#9 Old 11-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sihan
Don't think of bond first.... If you come from effluent family,, then you can consider to break. but wait for a minute, isn't scholarship supposed to be prepared for poor students???

Look at the bright side, the bond is actually an insurance, that ensures you are definitely employed by someone. Some professions are tend to be more susceptible to unemployment..... But I pity some students in certain courses, their bond is really too long and not propotionate to what they spend under those courses...
i agree wit u.. when i found out tat i will have an at-least-6-year-bond wit the government, i omost faint... 17 years old+1.5 years Ausmat+4 years hons degree+6 years bond=omg28.5 years old.. my god.. tat old oready.. my fear was intensed by the words from my relatives:the salary will be as low as RM600... omg is tat true.. i'm desperately 2 find out....
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
sihan
Less Junior Member

#10 Old 11-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by sihan
Don't think of bond first.... If you come from affluent family,, then you can consider to break. but wait for a minute, isn't scholarship supposed to be prepared for poor students???

i agree wit u.. when i found out tat i will have an at-least-6-year-bond wit the government, i omost faint... 17 years old+1.5 years Ausmat+4 years hons degree+6 years bond=omg28.5 years old.. my god.. tat old oready.. my fear was intensed by the words from my relatives:the salary will be as low as RM600... omg is tat true.. i'm desperately 2 find out....
is that true???600rm??? That bad???? Wow, at least I guess doctor will have better treatment ba>...because my bond lasts for ten years. But I still accepted without any hesitation because my parents can't afford to send me overseas... I'm quite grateful JPA gives me this chance to get this scholarship(much-needed)
sihan is offline   Reply With Quote