ReCom.org
Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

Cemara/Akasia/Cendana FAQs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Uncle_Bryan
Member
 
Uncle_Bryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 264
  #71 Old 29-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua
info about food had been posted in the original article...

as for sports activities, within Akasia/Cemara, there are futsal, hockey and basketball courts. A building in Akasia houses the surau for girls as well as the badminton court (you may play ping pong there as well). Within the campus there are 2 tennis courts. Just outside of cemara/akasia, there is a park for your recreational activities, many students will go and jog there.

Most of the KK activities will be held during the weekdays, but the most exciting acvitities (hiking, camping, trips to churches/temples) can only be held during weekends because of scheduling difficulties...
when v attend those sports activities, izit compulsory 4 us 2 wear tracksuit??? cn v wear short pants???
Uncle_Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Appolo
Member
 
Appolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 376
  #72 Old 29-05-2007 Default

Attention juniors, there might be a week dedicated to Intec clubs and societies on the third week of July.

Such activity will strive to incorporate the 20 clubs and societies established in Intec.The week will be featuring club exhibitions , parades, multimedia presentation and roadshows.

The proposal is still under review by the director of Intec.However, keep our fingers crossed because this event is the first time in Intec history to have participation from all clubs and societies registered under Intec.
Appolo is offline   Reply With Quote
elizabeth
Less Junior Member
 
elizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 62
  #73 Old 29-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacys
are there any persatuan that holds meeting on weekdays? haha....on weekends, i plan to balik kampung... my mom insists on it!!! haiz.... happy to know that there is a really active persatuan buddhist in intec...
Lol, jacys... typical of mums. my mum will drag me home each weekend if needed. but i only plan to go home once a month. haha.

i'm very happy to know that the Buddhist Club in INTEC is still active. *grin* i go to a Buddhist association 4 times a week...(tuition and voluntary duties) till it's my 2nd home. glad to know i can continue this in Shah ALam. thanks to whoever that founded it!

Ok. i have several queries... How good/bad is the security anyway? I don't want my stuff to get stolen... Least of all my laptop. I'm gonna store lots of info in it, and it will be immensively troublesome if it gets stolen. can i install some extra locks on my 'bedroom' door in which only me and my housemates can have the keys to? Or can I fix extra locks on the lockers? Is it that easy to pry open? Sorry for asking so many questions about this, but I am a bit paranoid about this. Many thefts occur nowadays and i have absolutely no interest in becoming a victim...

Foreigners in college grounds? i thought strangers will be prohibited from entering? if yes, then no offense intended, but maybe the MAk and Pak Guard can pay more attention to the people skulking outside rather than whether my shirt covers my bum or not...

vseehua, you said that the water quality is bad, and the water looks like rust? hmm... if i drink it anyway (unfiltered but boiled), will i get severe stomach ache?

the internet connection... how slow is it? is it faster or slower than the usual Tmnet dial up connection?

lastly, where can i find the thread for the forum (discussing the payment of fees?) i'm having so much problem trying to pay!

Thanks to all! this forum certainly helps me a lot! *big smile*
elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator
 
vseehua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,883
  #74 Old 29-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth

Lol, jacys... typical of mums. my mum will drag me home each weekend if needed. but i only plan to go home once a month. haha.
I know of some mom who asked their daughters to go out and explore, there is no need to come back... My mom always complained that i didn't call back... Luckily i am from Kuching, there is no chance that she will be able to drag me back once per week... mwahahaha...

Quote:
i'm very happy to know that the Buddhist Club in INTEC is still active. *grin* i go to a Buddhist association 4 times a week...(tuition and voluntary duties) till it's my 2nd home. glad to know i can continue this in Shah ALam. thanks to whoever that founded it!
credit to my seniors (ATU9, ALG 6) who took the initiative during my orientation to create the INTEC Buddhist Home...

Quote:
Ok. i have several queries... How good/bad is the security anyway? I don't want my stuff to get stolen... Least of all my laptop. I'm gonna store lots of info in it, and it will be immensively troublesome if it gets stolen. can i install some extra locks on my 'bedroom' door in which only me and my housemates can have the keys to? Or can I fix extra locks on the lockers? Is it that easy to pry open? Sorry for asking so many questions about this, but I am a bit paranoid about this. Many thefts occur nowadays and i have absolutely no interest in becoming a victim...
like i said in the original post, it's pretty easy to pry open because i did it myself last time if you want to keep your data safe, get yourself an external hard drive or back them up to dvd+r-s. Dvds are pretty cheap nowadays anyway. From what i can gather from my time, thefts only occur once every few weeks, the chance of a thief specifically targetting your place is low, but its always better to be safe than sorry.

Quote:
Foreigners in college grounds? i thought strangers will be prohibited from entering? if yes, then no offense intended, but maybe the MAk and Pak Guard can pay more attention to the people skulking outside rather than whether my shirt covers my bum or not...
people got their job description wrong ma

Quote:
vseehua, you said that the water quality is bad, and the water looks like rust? hmm... if i drink it anyway (unfiltered but boiled), will i get severe stomach ache?
i'll let you experiment with it first. Tell us the results when you have them, ok? ;)

Quote:
the internet connection... how slow is it? is it faster or slower than the usual Tmnet dial up connection?
the ones in INTEC now should answer this question. the WiFi was not up by the time i left the College

Quote:
lastly, where can i find the thread for the forum (discussing the payment of fees?) i'm having so much problem trying to pay!
search and ye shall find

Quote:
Thanks to all! this forum certainly helps me a lot! *big smile*
no problem. Glad to be of help ;)
__________________
"Never argue with an idiot (or a troll)… they’ll just drag you down to their level and beat you to a pulp with their experience." -Internet 1:1

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
-zephyr-
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 38
  #75 Old 30-05-2007 Default

new news..
a fren of mine just GO to intec n ask them about the payment.
n she said to me "dia kata.. bil bayaran tu.. akan kuar kat web intec.. pada 6/6... so, if bukak skarang ... memang takde... nk bagi tau tu je.. " (too lazy to translete)

so..6/6 then. but if intec lie,that means she lie n i lie oso..so, sorry byk2 lah..hehe
-zephyr- is offline   Reply With Quote
tasha_choc_lover
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 9
  #76 Old 01-06-2007 Default tq!

thanx!thanx!thanx!i'm goin 2 INTEC dis july too...doin ADFP.. huhu..just about the dressing code//about the cover shoes or sandal we need to wear..i dun really prefer that way!
tasha_choc_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
bihafana
Less Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 82
  #77 Old 01-06-2007 Default

i hope they'll not very strict on dressin..huhu~

n 1 of my senior(former school) said like diz:
INTEC TU MACAM SEKOLAH JE

haiz..he really2 discourage me
(since he noes i really dun like our school's rule..huhu)

bihafana is offline   Reply With Quote
bujanglapok
Less Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 90
  #78 Old 01-06-2007 Default

is it okay wearing jeans and casual sneakers to lectures?
bujanglapok is offline   Reply With Quote
Pat Female
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 44
  #79 Old 01-06-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujanglapok
is it okay wearing jeans and casual sneakers to lectures?
i did tat almost every single day and did not get caught or saman-ed, as far as i know, only during monday and friday we are required to wear formally to class (girls) guys only monday
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Vint
Member
 
Vint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 371
  #80 Old 01-06-2007 Default

Some of my seniors even ask me to ignore those rules...coz according to them,after 1 or 2 months..most of them wont really care bout the rules alr...
Vint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
akasia, cemara, intec, jpa, shah alam

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAQs about UM Smilehoe Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate 291 17-05-2013 08:05 PM
Cendana FAQ powerleakin Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate 188 26-06-2009 05:48 PM
Life in INTEC (Cemara & Akasia + Cendana) iQing Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships 813 09-06-2009 06:42 PM
Cemara/Akasia.....and Cendana Butters Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate 29 12-06-2008 07:43 PM
Call for FAQs vseehua Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate 0 11-06-2008 04:23 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.12512 seconds with 15 queries