ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Science Expo > Astronomy

Astronomy Like the stars and Jupiter? Come see them here.

Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy?

herm

#11 Old 03-01-2009 Default Re: Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy?

There are many , at least four if u watch Roswell from AXN Beyond
herm is offline   Reply With Quote
ChristopherCWL Male
Super Junior Member

#12 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy?

I personally believe that there are going to be extraterestrial life in the outer space....regarding the question that how may an extraterestrial may look like, i guess perhaps it looks like a human?? who knows about it?? why are we guessing other forms like centaur, a fish-like creature without thinking that it might ended looking extremely similar to what we are now??
ChristopherCWL is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#13 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy?

But why would a lifeform in some other corner of the universe evolve to look similar to us? Yes they may have four limbs, visual organs of some sort and so on; but in all possibilities they could look like a whale, a horse or a dog instead of a bipedal ape.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
ChristopherCWL Male
Super Junior Member

#14 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngyew View Post
But why would a lifeform in some other corner of the universe evolve to look similar to us? Yes they may have four limbs, visual organs of some sort and so on; but in all possibilities they could look like a whale, a horse or a dog instead of a bipedal ape.
How are you going to make sure that they wont?? Nothing is Impossible...Human beings sometimes made some mistakes when they are over confidence...i guess there is nothing impossible to happen in the vast universe....who knows if the friend i know the most is an UFO???

* i have to state that these are all my personal opinion...no offence is being made...
eve88 Female

#15 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy?

um, can your friend fly?
eve88 is offline   Reply With Quote
ChristopherCWL Male
Super Junior Member

#16 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy?

Is it the matter of can my friend fly?? What will you say if my friend can cook well??? Im here to tell why are we always think that UFO can do what Human cant?? Are you guys being mind set?? UFO can't just act like us?? doing stuff like cooking, bathing and etc...
eve88 Female

#17 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy?

UFO stands for "Unidentified Flying Object"
eve88 is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#18 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherCWL View Post
How are you going to make sure that they wont?? Nothing is Impossible...Human beings sometimes made some mistakes when they are over confidence...i guess there is nothing impossible to happen in the vast universe....who knows if the friend i know the most is an UFO???

* i have to state that these are all my personal opinion...no offence is being made...
Oh I am not saying that they *can't* look like us, I am just thinking that they most probably don't look like us, simply due to the fact that there are so many possibilities of what they could look like.

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
yanno_yamster Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#19 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngyew View Post
Oh I am not saying that they *can't* look like us, I am just thinking that they most probably don't look like us, simply due to the fact that there are so many possibilities of what they could look like.
A lot of sci-fi shows depicted aliens as slimy and also blood-thirsty...

May you be well and happy!!! :)
yanno_yamster is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#20 Old 17-05-2009 Default Re: Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanno_yamster View Post
A lot of sci-fi shows depicted aliens as slimy and also blood-thirsty...
a lot more sci-fi shows depicted us as paranoid and bloodthirsty (The Day the Earth Stood Still)

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote