ReCom.org
Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

US Universities Application FAQ V.2

darkhello
Super Junior Member

#21 Old 27-03-2008 Default

Congrats to those who gained recent acceptance into the universities! For those who were waitlisted, here's a word of comfort. As someone who has managed to turn the ambiguity of being on the waitlist for the class of 2011 into the reality of acceptance, I urge you to NOT give up. A chance is a chance- no matter how slim it may be. If you are wondering what steps to take next, how to go about doing it or what type of updates the admissions might be looking for, I am more than willing to offer guidance and help.

Just email me!
darkhello is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkhello For This Useful Post:
ngai Male

#22 Old 27-03-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhello View Post
Congrats to those who gained recent acceptance into the universities! For those who were waitlisted, here's a word of comfort. As someone who has managed to turn the ambiguity of being on the waitlist for the class of 2011 into the reality of acceptance, I urge you to NOT give up. A chance is a chance- no matter how slim it may be. If you are wondering what steps to take next, how to go about doing it or what type of updates the admissions might be looking for, I am more than willing to offer guidance and help.

Just email me!
Darkhello, did you happen to gain acceptance into Yale? (Since you are in New Haven, CT) And you were waitlisted when the April 1 decisions were announced? How long did it take for them to bring you in in the end?
ngai is offline   Reply With Quote
chenchow Male
ReComer
Administrator

#23 Old 28-03-2008 Default

For US University Admissions, would like to convey my latest congrats to:-

(The actual figures for Malaysia could be higher, below are those who I have found out)
Chicago (5 admits and 2 wait list) - Su Ann, Eu Win, Michelle, Jin Tik, Vincent (Wait List: Yi Xiang, Li Xian)

Dartmouth (1 admit) - Amy Ang (MBA at Tuck)

Harvard (1 admit) - Lin Lee (PhD)

MIT (2 admits) - Lin Lee (PhD), 1 undergrad

Mount Holyoke (1 admit) - chyen

Northwestern (6 admits and 5 wait lists) - Mei Yueh, Chia Chyuan, Yoke Peng, Tong Wei, Josh Foo, Fiona (Wait List: Sabrina, Julia, Jia Mun, Claire, Chun How)

NYU (3 admits and 2 wait lists) - Su Ann, Vincent Ang, Wan Xin (Wait List: Yi Xiang, Eu Win)

Rice (1 admit) - Sabrina

Stanford (1 admit) - Lin Lee (PhD)

UPenn (1 wait list) - (Wait List: Amy Ang (MBA)

Virginia (1 admit) - Wei Ken

----
Congrats! A large number of you guys are ReComers!

To all those on wait-list, do hope that you work hard to turn your wait list into reality!

To all those who didn't manage to get, lets not worry. Good Luck for your other applications!

An interesting commonality of those 11 who got Northwestern or on wait-list for Northwestern. They all apply to Cornell.

Good Luck to all of you who are still waiting for admission decision for other universities!!! Am sure you guys are excited about the Super Tuesday, 1st April (aka April Fool Day)...
-----
If anyone knows of more people who get, do share it here!

Last edited by chenchow; 28-03-2008 at 02:21 AM.
chenchow is offline   Reply With Quote
strikingstar

#24 Old 28-03-2008 Default

Anyone got into Duke??? I know results are out.
strikingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
vincentato Male
Super Junior Member

#25 Old 28-03-2008 Default

the ONE MIT undergrad is Ooi Boon Teik
Congratz!
vincentato is offline   Reply With Quote
pinkpau
Less Junior Member

#26 Old 28-03-2008 Default

oooiee chen chow

my heart skipped a beat ok when i saw all the ivies on your list. i thought they were undergrad admissions for 2 seconds i was so sad
pinkpau is offline   Reply With Quote
wawa Female

#27 Old 28-03-2008 Default

Thank you, chen chow. This might be a rather wet blanket for those waiting in agony for April Fools Day, please remember that getting into your dream university does not make or break you. Getting into your dream university simply makes the path to your dream slightly easier. If you are determined enough, you will always reach your final goals. Oh, and good luck!
wawa is offline   Reply With Quote
ngai Male

#28 Old 29-03-2008 Default Stanford Admits of 2008!

To all applicants of Stanford 2008, the email decision letters are already sent!

I am overjoyed to learn that I have been offered admission to the university.

I got to know from Chen Chow that so far 3 Malaysians are accepted and if anyone else received the good news, do share it here.

Thank you!
ngai is offline   Reply With Quote
siong1987
Super Junior Member

#29 Old 29-03-2008 Default

Congratulations. What major you are in for?

I got rejected by them... T_T
siong1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
jimi7
Super Junior Member

#30 Old 29-03-2008 Default Stanford

Great for you...

So,could you tell us what really have you done to impress them to make them admit you to the university?
jimi7 is offline   Reply With Quote