ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > The Business World

The Business World From the stock market to the old school barter system

A useful info on investing in Unit Trust!

starlemon
Slightly Senior Member

#1 Old 31-03-2008 Default A useful info on investing in Unit Trust!

Hello, every Recomers members that are interest in this business investment world, Here is a sharing thread that can help u out when u plan to invest in Unit Trust.
Feel free to ask questions about investment in Unit Trust on this thread..

Public Mutual is one of the most successful unit trust companies in Asia. It won the Most Oustanding Islamic Fund Manager at the KL Islamic Finance Forum 2007 late last year. So there is no questions as to why I choose Public Mutual as my unit trust company. :

The first thing you would want to do when you want to open a unit trust investment account is to set a goal for the investment. The goal of investment will determine which type of investment you should choose either low risk, medium risk or high risk/aggressive. The duration of the investment also affects the choice of investment type.

As a Malaysian, i believe in marriage and one day whould like to have a family. But any married man will tell you building a family is not easy....and surely not cheap.

But starting to save up early would help A LOT in one's future plans. And what better way to save up money than to invest in unit trust. It's saving and multiplying money at the same time.

Public mutual has a wide range of Islamic and commercial funds such as Public Savings Fund, Public Ittikal Fund, Public Growth fund and so on. But how do you know which fund is suitable for you?

First we have to make sure what our goals are for the investment, in my case as a preparation to build a family particularly when I get children.

Since I know that I won't be having any children in the near future, at least not in the next 4/5 years or so,

I know that Im looking for a long term fund. I also take into account the level of risk I am willing to take. I consider myself a risk taker and I am willing to take a little more risk to gain more profit.

Once I have my parameters, it is time to look for the suitable fund. The best thing about Public Mutual is their website has a full list of offered funds and their details and probobly what sets it aside from other unit trust companies is that it has a Fund Performance Chart where you can check the value of you fund or the performance history of the fund you are interested to invest in. It is from this chart you can know how much growth the fund has undergone up till now.
starlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
syamil_1 Male
Slightly Senior Member

#2 Old 01-06-2008 Default

i wonder whats the best kind of no-load funds offerend in malaysia?
Super Junior Member

#3 Old 01-06-2008 Default

is investing in public mutual fund considered risky?....isnt saving in amanah saham or fd more safe?
Destiny_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Al-Bert

#4 Old 01-06-2008 Default

For me, investing in unit trust is like entrusting your hard earned money to those professional to manage your fund and investment. It's not really an investment.

If his plan works, both side would be happy since both would gain profit from it...

If his plan turns out to be failure, you would be the only one who experiences depression, he won't feel really down since what he have lost is just OPM ( other people's money ).

So, learn to invest yourself!
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#5 Old 02-06-2008 Default

Is it me, or does this thread sound like an advertisement for Public Mutual?

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#6 Old 02-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vseehua View Post
Is it me, or does this thread sound like an advertisement for Public Mutual?
dont think its you.

hmmmm.redundant thread? any coming up discussion?

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
seeweijie

#7 Old 03-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlemon View Post
Hello, every Recomers members that are interest in this business investment world, Here is a sharing thread that can help u out when u plan to invest in Unit Trust.
Feel free to ask questions about investment in Unit Trust on this thread..

Public Mutual is one of the most successful unit trust companies in Asia. It won the Most Oustanding Islamic Fund Manager at the KL Islamic Finance Forum 2007 late last year. So there is no questions as to why I choose Public Mutual as my unit trust company. :

The first thing you would want to do when you want to open a unit trust investment account is to set a goal for the investment. The goal of investment will determine which type of investment you should choose either low risk, medium risk or high risk/aggressive. The duration of the investment also affects the choice of investment type.

As a Malaysian, i believe in marriage and one day whould like to have a family. But any married man will tell you building a family is not easy....and surely not cheap.

But starting to save up early would help A LOT in one's future plans. And what better way to save up money than to invest in unit trust. It's saving and multiplying money at the same time.

Public mutual has a wide range of Islamic and commercial funds such as Public Savings Fund, Public Ittikal Fund, Public Growth fund and so on. But how do you know which fund is suitable for you?

First we have to make sure what our goals are for the investment, in my case as a preparation to build a family particularly when I get children.

Since I know that I won't be having any children in the near future, at least not in the next 4/5 years or so,

I know that Im looking for a long term fund. I also take into account the level of risk I am willing to take. I consider myself a risk taker and I am willing to take a little more risk to gain more profit.

Once I have my parameters, it is time to look for the suitable fund. The best thing about Public Mutual is their website has a full list of offered funds and their details and probobly what sets it aside from other unit trust companies is that it has a Fund Performance Chart where you can check the value of you fund or the performance history of the fund you are interested to invest in. It is from this chart you can know how much growth the fund has undergone up till now.
I am interested in investing. Do you have the Public Mutual website?

Do you have other unit trust company's information?

How to start the investment?
lwk88
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 03-06-2008 Default

go http://www.fmutm.com.my/ , http://www.asnb.com.my/english/index.htm (no tax) ,
www.publicmutual.com.my
lwk88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lwk88 For This Useful Post:
nadia.g Female

#9 Old 16-06-2008 Default

Ive been thinking of investing in unit trust. Im investing my hard earn money after 6 months of working.

Is it a wise choice? or i shud jus put it in asb?

#10 Old 16-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadia.g View Post
Ive been thinking of investing in unit trust. Im investing my hard earn money after 6 months of working.

Is it a wise choice? or i shud jus put it in asb?
ASB is so good already what more can you ask for?

There are millions of non Bumi out there who want to put money into ASB but couldn't because of the quota. You have got to understand the good you have.
nhling is offline   Reply With Quote