ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships

Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

View Poll Results: How do you think about this article?
It's great and should be kept alive. 97 82.91%
Still not good enough. More info is needed. 2 1.71%
It's too long. Simplification is needed. 14 11.97%
It doens't really help. Just remove this. 4 3.42%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

jun

#11 Old 10-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindley View Post
lol. for germany/japan engineering results will be out on 18 april
for other courses, results will be out on the 12th of may =)
hey are you sure about this....as i noe france and japan engineering oni come out at 18 april..not german engineering lah
jun is offline   Reply With Quote
thomas_hang0000 Male
Super Junior Member

#12 Old 10-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun View Post
hey are you sure about this....as i noe france and japan engineering oni come out at 18 april..not german engineering lah
Yeah what I know is, Engineering in German is the last among these. And Japan is the earliest one.
thomas_hang0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
milkshake
Super Junior Member

#13 Old 10-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_hang0000 View Post
. Your co-curricular activities (This one is the real thing, say what achievements you got and do self-promotion and squeeze everything you got to them, try to make stars appear around you ><)
Xon edited the broken BBcode.

Really?? I read somewhere in recom...they are people saying try not to promote urself too much which in a way show that ure too arrogant and that ure very great because whatever about you,the interviewers know cause it's all in the file n all. Due to that,I did not talk a lot bout my co-curricular activities. =(

when the results are out...we just check the esila website to find out is it?

Last edited by Xon; 10-11-2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
milkshake is offline   Reply With Quote
thomas_hang0000 Male
Super Junior Member

#14 Old 10-04-2008 Default

I didn't have the chance to introduce myself. They straight away went to discussion part.
It's OK if you think that those certificates are already more than enough to prove that you're special among them.
If you want to talk about that, be moderate lah. When they ask you questions like "Why do you think that you deserve this Scholarship?", your also need to do a bit self-promotion, or I don't think there're any other better ways to answer that.
Again, be moderate lo.

Lol If I'm not wrong it should be eSila. If not, where else can we check? newspaper or...? I'm not sure about this
thomas_hang0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
FakeAngel
Less Junior Member

#15 Old 10-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlynQq View Post
OMG!!!!the interviewers didn't take my slip temuduga..................will it b a problem??some of my frens oso same v me.............does it mean tat we failed 2 get the scholarship?????can anybody reply me??i'm so worry.............
do not worry. i'm worse den u. i had my interview on 4th, and i went for vacation after tat. until today i oni found out tat the clerk forgot to take my original borang pengesahan pendapatan, ( perhaps it's my responsibility oso). so , i called them up asking bout the slip n borang. they said they don realli need the slip
FakeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
lindley

#16 Old 11-04-2008 Default

eh really? i thought i saw on the notice board german engineering come out on 18th. i must have been mistaken then

SORRY!
lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
AnnDeBlurry

#17 Old 11-04-2008 Default

Really?? I read somewhere in recom...they are people saying try not to promote urself too much which in a way show that ure too arrogant and that ure very great because whatever about you,the interviewers know cause it's all in the file n all. Due to that,I did not talk a lot bout my co-curricular activities. =(

when the results are out...we just check the esila website to find out is it?[/quote]----by milkshake

However , in my case , the interviewer asked us to mention about our co-curriculum activities while introducing ourselves . So , we just have to tell it to them . Try not to be arrogant while mentioning it eventhough your performance in ECC is very good .

Last edited by AnnDeBlurry; 11-04-2008 at 09:38 AM.
AnnDeBlurry is offline   Reply With Quote
lindley

#18 Old 11-04-2008 Default

yeah. they said when you wanna promote yourself, dont do it till the extent that other candidates get annoyed as well. thats when you know that youve gone overboard. =)
lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
B.T.SengYee
Less Junior Member

#19 Old 13-06-2008 Default

is it going to be the same thing happen in 2009 fot the interview..
who knows..
ntw it was an good article mentining every part of the interview n the whole process to get jpa scholarship.
well done...
________
Park beach condo pattaya

Last edited by B.T.SengYee; 13-09-2011 at 06:17 AM.
B.T.SengYee is offline   Reply With Quote
Yvette
Less Junior Member

#20 Old 15-07-2008 Default

i was just wondering whether JPA interviews are still conducted in debate style.. hmm..
if that is still the case, u just have to show ur reasoning skills and social skills. Do not dominate the discussion/debate.. smile and assume a pleasing demeanor..sell urself well and
make sure what you say leaves an impression on the panel.

remember to give a firm handshake (if applicable) and thank the panel after the interview!
Yvette is offline   Reply With Quote