ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships

Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

View Poll Results: How do you think about this article?
It's great and should be kept alive. 97 82.91%
Still not good enough. More info is needed. 2 1.71%
It's too long. Simplification is needed. 14 11.97%
It doens't really help. Just remove this. 4 3.42%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

CCY_to_the_top Male

#31 Old 09-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

hei guys!! revive this thread!!
CCY_to_the_top is offline   Reply With Quote
castle Male
Slightly Senior Member

#32 Old 12-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

lets hear some questions,only then can we revive this thread...btw,to all juniors,i seriously advice u all to read up all the past threads.they shud answer almost all things jpa.
Super Junior Member

#33 Old 17-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

I wasn't active in co-curriculum activities,
but I have my own reasons for that,
I wonder will I have a chance to explain during the interview?
If they ask me to tell about my achievements and stuff like that,
can I say frankly that "I wasn't very active in co-cu because .... blah blah blah"?
My greatest interest is Psychology,
and the main reason I chose to seclude myself up is to experience and to explore different perceptions on world/things, and not to be bonded by the healthy mindset of average teenagers....sounds stupid though, but I did learned a lot so far, including the ability to empathize with different sorts of personalities.

Another reason is that I have to make kuih and sell them at Pasar Malam every day and worked as a promoter at a local supermarket for the weekends. I take all these as some sort of extra-curricular activities too, at least I communicated with the society During school holidays, I went for various part time jobs at other places, learned the important of teamwork, tolerance, lived together with strangers, leaderships, financial management etc which was quite the same as going to camp. =_="

Last edited by vesperano; 17-03-2009 at 05:46 PM.
vesperano is offline   Reply With Quote
chong Male
Super Junior Member

#34 Old 17-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

U r really really great! U r so kind!
Actually, less ppl like u.
Thanks a lot for sharing ur valuable experience. We really need it.
chong is offline   Reply With Quote
castle Male
Slightly Senior Member

#35 Old 18-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesperano View Post
I wasn't active in co-curriculum activities,
but I have my own reasons for that,
I wonder will I have a chance to explain during the interview?
If they ask me to tell about my achievements and stuff like that,
can I say frankly that "I wasn't very active in co-cu because .... blah blah blah"?
My greatest interest is Psychology,
and the main reason I chose to seclude myself up is to experience and to explore different perceptions on world/things, and not to be bonded by the healthy mindset of average teenagers....sounds stupid though, but I did learned a lot so far, including the ability to empathize with different sorts of personalities.

Another reason is that I have to make kuih and sell them at Pasar Malam every day and worked as a promoter at a local supermarket for the weekends. I take all these as some sort of extra-curricular activities too, at least I communicated with the society During school holidays, I went for various part time jobs at other places, learned the important of teamwork, tolerance, lived together with strangers, leaderships, financial management etc which was quite the same as going to camp. =_="
co-curriculum is an important part but in the interview thay will most likely to ask a lot of general knowledge stuff,so im not sure if you can talk much about it.well,your certificates are there to show them your achievements in co-curriculum.by the way,if you are interested in psychology,i suggest you apply for social science.but better hurry,because i think the deadline is very near already.good luck in your application and please dont fret about trivial matters like if you stand a greater chance or not.just do your best in your interview,because that can really help you and remember that your results and all cant be undone.what you can do now is prepare more for your interview should you get shortlisted and just hope for the best.
Less Junior Member

#36 Old 19-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

could i know that whether i need to summit my father's nationality cer during interview even though my parent were divorced?

Last edited by joyce91; 19-03-2009 at 02:13 AM.
joyce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
castle Male
Slightly Senior Member

#37 Old 19-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyce91 View Post
could i know that whether i need to summit my father's nationality cer during interview even though my parent were divorced?
do you mean that your father is not malaysian?for that,i think it will be better for you to refer to jpa.
joyce91 Female
Less Junior Member

#38 Old 19-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

he is malaysian bt was borned be4 1957,so im quite troublesome if my dad's birth cert is needed...so hw can i refer to jpa?whether i'll received letter from jpa?
joyce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
castle Male
Slightly Senior Member

#39 Old 19-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

i think someone already answered this question in "jpa 2009" thread.try checking it out.honestly,i don't know.
Super Junior Member

#40 Old 22-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

I am new to this forum and if i said something wrong please forgive me.

TS, as you mentioned that all photocopied documents need to be certified, does it means taking the photocopied documents back to my secondary school and ask the pejabat to certify them? If yes, help me to answer the next question.

What documents need to be photocopied and certified?
I am listing out all I think need to be certified, and if I miss out something or I have something no need to be certified please tell me ah.
(all photocopied unless stated)
-My IC
-My birth cert
-My parents' birth cert
-SPM result
-Sijil Tamat Sekolah
-Surat Akuan
-Borang Pengesahan Pendapatan
*This 2 i dunno need to be certified or not: Original certs of co-curricular activities. I have lots of it, need to be certified? Or just take the original ones and show them in the interview?

Oh yea one more question. My dad's in heaven and my mum's working as a school librarian helper in a primary school (not teacher, not government staff) and she doesnt have the slip gaji. How to prove my mum's salary?

Sorry for asking so much, but I hope someone can clarify for me. Thanks so much!
JiaTern is offline   Reply With Quote