ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships

Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) Scholarships Everything about scholarships provided by the Public Services Department of Malaysia

A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

View Poll Results: How do you think about this article?
It's great and should be kept alive. 97 82.91%
Still not good enough. More info is needed. 2 1.71%
It's too long. Simplification is needed. 14 11.97%
It doens't really help. Just remove this. 4 3.42%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

xellos Male
Slightly Senior Member

#61 Old 25-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0laris View Post
wow..this thread is fantastic !!! thx for ur info...it really helps a lot...
i have a question...can I choose which college to go for the local pre u study?
Or they decide for us??

you're most welcomed.
As far I knew, you can't choose the college in which you want to do pre-u.
JPA will do the decision depending on your course and country selection.

In addition, those college chosen by JPA are good, like Taylors and INTEC.

#62 Old 25-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

For my choice of course which is actuarial science, I heard most of the scholar with this course will be arranged to take pre-U in INTI-UC. But now I'm hesitating whether I should register in INTI(SJ) before 4th of May because the results of application will be announced by jpa about 12th May. If I have started my study and suddenly jpa tells me that I got scholarship, then all the fees I'd pay are non-refundable. Haiz. If I choose not to register and I fail to get jpa, I will have to wait for another intake after few months. Really vexed with this.
Cadence_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
p0laris
Super Junior Member

#63 Old 25-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos View Post
you're most welcomed.
As far I knew, you can't choose the college in which you want to do pre-u.
JPA will do the decision depending on your course and country selection.

In addition, those college chosen by JPA are good, like Taylors and INTEC.
ooh...for ur info...im currently doing ausmat in sunway uc...
if i`m selected...can I just continue my current course at sunway and not going to other college??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence_hope View Post
For my choice of course which is actuarial science, I heard most of the scholar with this course will be arranged to take pre-U in INTI-UC. But now I'm hesitating whether I should register in INTI(SJ) before 4th of May because the results of application will be announced by jpa about 12th May. If I have started my study and suddenly jpa tells me that I got scholarship, then all the fees I'd pay are non-refundable. Haiz. If I choose not to register and I fail to get jpa, I will have to wait for another intake after few months. Really vexed with this.

yup...my senior who scored 16a1 in spm 2007...is now doing american degree transfer programme in inti nilai under jpa sponsorship...he`ll be going to US this year...

Last edited by p0laris; 25-03-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
p0laris is offline   Reply With Quote
xellos Male
Slightly Senior Member

#64 Old 25-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence_hope View Post

A few months late is far better than wasting money.

If you're confidence that you can secure the scholarship, why don't you wait then, but let me warn you, there is no way to guarantee that you will secure the scholarship.

Likewise, you can start your study first. Have something that you can really rely on 100% as the statistics of securing the JPA would not crop up to 100%. In some rare cases, the university might refund. For example i have a friend who was doing A-level in taylors at January intake. He then offered by BNM scholarship and will be doing SAM in taylors.(It was based on trial intake). So taylors had agreed to refund a certain percentage of the money.

So, its all up to you.

Last edited by xellos; 25-03-2009 at 09:56 PM.
xellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Cadence_hope Female

#65 Old 25-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos View Post
Likewise, you can start your study first. Have something that you can really rely on 100% as the statistics of securing the JPA would not crop up to 100%. In some rare cases, the university might refund. For example i have a friend who was doing A-level in taylors at January intake. He then offered by BNM scholarship and will be doing SAM in taylors.(It was based on trial intake). So taylors had agreed to refund a certain percentage of the money.
Thanks for your info. I'd asked the counselor of INTI, she said jpa only arrange their scholars to INTI-UC (not for the one in SJ) and once I register they won't refund those paid fees to me. T_T.. Is it jpa announce the list of succeeded candidates in the middle of May? I heard that last time but still want to confirm. ><
I read from the newspaper about how the marks given to decide one can get scholarship or not. Only 5% of overall marks decided by our interview performance, compared to 10% last year. 75% decided by SPM results. That's a good news for post spm candidates who did well in the exam. 95% of the overall marks had already confirmed before the interview.
Cadence_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
p0laris
Super Junior Member

#66 Old 25-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

I choose pharmacy..normally they put the pharmacy applicants into which college??
p0laris is offline   Reply With Quote
ing Female
Super Junior Member

#67 Old 26-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

thanks for sharing your experience ang tips here, it helps a lot.....i have a question, is it encouraged to do the online test first before going to the interview?
ing is offline   Reply With Quote
jianyi_crystal Female
Less Junior Member

#68 Old 26-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

i really enjoy to read your article...u really kind list all down for us as a reference. i keep laughing from top to bottom, u really a good writer, although it is very very long , bt i did feel bore to it.... u will go japan later right.....wish u good good luck...and success to be wat u want to be
jianyi_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Gan Female
Super Junior Member

#69 Old 26-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

oh gosh, this is really a saver i guess. i'm going for the interview next week or so, so this's really gonna help! thanks a lot again ;)
and yea, you are really a funny writer, ever thought of doing some writing? ;)

Last edited by Gan; 26-03-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
castle Male
Slightly Senior Member

#70 Old 26-03-2009 Default Re: A Big Thread On JPA Scholarship (My experience and tips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0laris View Post
yup...my senior who scored 16a1 in spm 2007...is now doing american degree transfer programme in inti nilai under jpa sponsorship...he`ll be going to US this year...
i know that guy...haha...sorry for the digression.please continue.hehe...