ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Scholarships

Scholarships A place to find out about scholarships available for Malaysians

Official Thread: Petronas Scholarship

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Stargazer89
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5
  #81 Old 22-05-2007 Default

Hi! I am new here. I got E&E for UTP. Like White 2020, I have not receive my letter yet and panicked! I thought they are going to withdraw my sponsorship...haha. Luckily, I called them(the number white 2020 posted, thanks!) and was told that I am also under MISC and the letter has not been sent yet! Does that mean I am going to work in a ship/tanker(in the oceans for several weeks) or I am going to Pasir Gudang, Johor to build and fix ships?
Stargazer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
AppryL89 Female
Less Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 84
  #82 Old 22-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syamil_1
no vanessa, vetkin_gray also. but he turned it down, and went for matriks.

appryl89
leinad
mysara
camy
yvonne89


pls report pre-u place once you got petronas letter okay!
Report? Yes, Sir!!!

I'm going to KDU College for GCE A-Level.
Registration on 15 June 07.
AppryL89 is offline   Reply With Quote
white2020
Senior Member
 
white2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,657
  #83 Old 22-05-2007 Default

OVERSEAS

Geology
1. Syamil_1
2. Gardenia
3.

Geophysics
1. Camy
2. Camy's friend (not a recommer - guy)
3.

Petroleum Engineering
1. AppryL89
2. mysara
3. leinad

Economics
1. Bujanglapok
2. Yvonne89
3.

Accounting
1. Camy's friend (not a recommer - girl)

Mechanical Engineering
1. Zureen

Offshore Engineering
1. rEaL_adDicT

UTP
Mechanical Engineering
1. freestyle
2. white2020
3. blueocean
4. zwei
5. Foopiew

Electrical and Electronical Engineering
1. Jen_Twilightdream
2. Excal
3. veronin
4. Fi3da
5. Starhazer89

ICT
1. mythspal

Business Information System
1. Frew
2. gUrLiSh

Chemical Engineering
1. dinosaur24

IPTA
Medicine
1. Roy_ks

IPTS
Geology
1. v4n3s2a_k
white2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
white2020
Senior Member
 
white2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,657
  #84 Old 22-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer89
Hi! I am new here. I got E&E for UTP. Like White 2020, I have not receive my letter yet and panicked! I thought they are going to withdraw my sponsorship...haha. Luckily, I called them(the number white 2020 posted, thanks!) and was told that I am also under MISC and the letter has not been sent yet! Does that mean I am going to work in a ship/tanker(in the oceans for several weeks) or I am going to Pasir Gudang, Johor to build and fix ships?

U can phone that MISC department to ask about the career we can do upon our graduation..anyway..if like i am mechanical engineering, they said i will just stay on the land and do some mechanical stuuf like in the ship things..not very sure though..just that they will send you to the place where suits ur knowledge, certainly ,right??

but there is still persentage that they will not employ us too...
white2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
jo-kho
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5
  #85 Old 22-05-2007 Default .petronas

i got geophysics.. overseas.. mail me.. anyone there too? oo i got into KYUEM anyway
jo-kho is offline   Reply With Quote
gg
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 24
  #86 Old 22-05-2007 Default

naval architecture, overseas. i'm under MISC too and still waiting for my letter. i hope its not too last minute. =(
gg is offline   Reply With Quote
syamil_1 Male
Slightly Senior Member
 
syamil_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 714
  #87 Old 22-05-2007 Default

OVERSEAS

Geology
1. Syamil_1 - KDU (Alvl)
2. Gardenia - KDU (Alvl)
3.

Geophysics
1. Camy - ?
2. Camy's friend (not a recommer - guy) - ?
3. Jo-kho - KYUEM (Alvl)

Petroleum Engineering
1. AppryL89 - KDU (Alvl)
2. mysara
3. leinad

Economics
1. Bujanglapok - INTEC (Ausmat)
2. Yvonne89 - ?
3.

Accounting
1. Camy's friend (not a recommer - girl) - ?

Mechanical Engineering
1. Zureen - Sunway (Alvl)

Offshore Engineering
1. rEaL_adDicT - ?

Naval Architecture
1. Gg - KDU (Alvl)

UTP
Mechanical Engineering
1. freestyle
2. white2020
3. blueocean
4. zwei
5. Foopiew

Electrical and Electronical Engineering
1. Jen_Twilightdream
2. Excal
3. veronin
4. Fi3da
5. Starhazer89

ICT
1. mythspal

Business Information System
1. Frew
2. gUrLiSh

Chemical Engineering
1. dinosaur24

IPTA
Medicine
1. Roy_ks

IPTS
Geology
1. v4n3s2a_k
syamil_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Stargazer89
Super Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5
  #88 Old 22-05-2007 Default

One of my friend got Petronas scholarship for chemical engineering for overseas(boy) while another got petroleum engineering(girl) at UTP.

I found out from my dad's friend who was a ship captain that working on a ship is actually not that bad(his opinion). The food and other necessities are good(he said that I would probably gain weight after working there) on a ship. It takes about a week to go from Bintulu to Japan in a ship/tanker. There are about 12 engineers in a ship including mechanical and electrical engineers(although not many) apart from marine engineers. The ship engineers would probably work for 4 months at sea and than have 2 months break. The pay is good(up to RM7000-8000) but you have to sacrifice something back of course.

So getting Petronas-MISC is a good thing right? (although iniatially I choose E&E to avoid working on a ship or oil platform)
Stargazer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
syamil_1 Male
Slightly Senior Member
 
syamil_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 714
  #89 Old 22-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer89
One of my friend got Petronas scholarship for chemical engineering for overseas(boy) while another got petroleum engineering(girl) at UTP.

I found out from my dad's friend who was a ship captain that working on a ship is actually not that bad(his opinion). The food and other necessities are good(he said that I would probably gain weight after working there) on a ship. It takes about a week to go from Bintulu to Japan in a ship/tanker. There are about 12 engineers in a ship including mechanical and electrical engineers(although not many) apart from marine engineers. The ship engineers would probably work for 4 months at sea and than have 2 months break. The pay is good(up to RM7000-8000) but you have to sacrifice something back of course.

So getting Petronas-MISC is a good thing right? (although iniatially I choose E&E to avoid working on a ship or oil platform)
Well, to avoid later dissapointment, you have to be aware that starting pay is not 7k, its only about max 3k. but for starting pay, 2.5k is great.

you may have to work for 6-7 yrs to achiEve that pay. But its okay, we're in the oil and gas industry, whatever job you do, the pay is good. Right?

Bout the marine engineers, you're absolutely right. Few months work, few months leave. Fun isnt?
syamil_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
v4n3s2a_k Female
Less Junior Member
 
v4n3s2a_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 82
  #90 Old 22-05-2007 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syamil_1
no vanessa, vetkin_gray also. but he turned it down, and went for matriks.

appryl89
leinad
mysara
camy
yvonne89


pls report pre-u place once you got petronas letter okay!
Really? Why? What happened? It was so hard to access Recom that I couldn't reply his msg in time.
v4n3s2a_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
petronas, scholarship

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Formula 1 thread Leen ReCom Sports Bar 48 27-09-2010 07:47 PM
Petronas 2007: Official Offer Letter (Thread Closed) Yvonne89 Scholarships 90 12-04-2008 02:19 PM
[STPM] Official Thread: Form Six STPM (Thread Closed) lingling88 SPM & STPM 1130 03-04-2008 07:04 PM
Tun Dr M vs Pak Lah - official thread misled_youth Malaysia Today 30 01-07-2006 12:55 AM
[OT] Official Snow picture thread Thirdshifter Window to the World 0 07-12-2003 05:06 AM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

ReCom stands for Reborn Community. It has no affiliation with other organizations that may share the same name. The views expressed in this website solely represent the authors point of view and do not necessarily reflect the views of ReCom Anchors and other ReCom users.


 

Page generated in 0.12430 seconds with 15 queries