ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

Should rapist be castrated???

View Poll Results: Should rapists be castrated???
Yes 62 72.09%
No 24 27.91%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

vaanbalthier Male

#61 Old 25-05-2008 Default

haha, i got it from my friend. i watched it during math lesson last year

da title is rape punishment

Last edited by vaanbalthier; 25-05-2008 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
vaanbalthier is offline   Reply With Quote
kintaro_kun
Slightly Senior Member

#62 Old 25-05-2008 Default

i await for more intelligent discourse in reflection to the previous postings by recommers.
Super Junior Member

#63 Old 06-06-2008 Default

the answer is no.we should force him(assuming its a he) to rape his own mother.in the situation that his mother is somehow unavailable, it is the modus operandi to force him to rape other family members.male included.but in the case that he is both into incest and gay, then the answer is a simple yes.chop that bugger off i'd say.
Chester_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Gabrielle90
Slightly Senior Member

#64 Old 06-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester_Cobra View Post
the answer is no.we should force him(assuming its a he) to rape his own mother.in the situation that his mother is somehow unavailable, it is the modus operandi to force him to rape other family members.male included.but in the case that he is both into incest and gay, then the answer is a simple yes.chop that bugger off i'd say.
wow!!! i strongly disagree with forcing him to rape his own mother and other family members... first, this will only create more victims of rape case... second, who knows, maybe he loves to do it??? i am not standing with the castration punishment too... it's so merciless...
Gabrielle90 is offline   Reply With Quote
farrah.aqlima Female
Super Junior Member

#65 Old 06-06-2008 Default

try reading sidney sheldon's book : Tell Me Your Dreams. All about castrating LOL
farrah.aqlima is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#66 Old 06-06-2008 Default

Instead of rehabilitation, ReComers prefer revenge. Don't you guys think that any kind of criminal deserves to be given a second chance to life?

The henious ways that some ReComers managed to even put forward right here in this thread just shows that we are no better in behaviour than the rapists

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote
Yvette
Less Junior Member

#67 Old 06-06-2008 Default

In crime and punishment, there is this 'utilitarian' stand which basically advocates for an action that will benefit the most number of people.

So, if we apply this...i think castration would be a feasible option. The public at large is kept safe, the victim can get some (though the pain will always remain) sense of justice and the perpetrator does not even receive the death sentence. It is like giving him a 2nd chance already...

I think rape is definitely worse than murder. What more can we say when these two are compounded in most cases?
Yvette is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#68 Old 06-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
In crime and punishment, there is this 'utilitarian' stand which basically advocates for an action that will benefit the most number of people.

So, if we apply this...i think castration would be a feasible option. The public at large is kept safe, the victim can get some (though the pain will always remain) sense of justice and the perpetrator does not even receive the death sentence. It is like giving him a 2nd chance already...

I think rape is definitely worse than murder. What more can we say when these two are compounded in most cases?
benefit the most number of people? What if we can institute a system that can rehabilitate the offender so that he can work for the general benefit of the society? Wouldn't it benefit the society more if it is so? Also, by punishing the rapist in the most cruel way (removing his manhood), wouldn't it just cause even more resentment inside him now? What if he decides later to take revenge on his victims at a later stage because they've caused all these miseries to him? Looking at this way we might as well put all rapists to death whenever the juries find him guilty, and spare the risk of further suffering of the victim at a later stage of life.

Then again, just how much proof is enough to prove that the crime is committed by the suspected? To castrate someone only to have proofs coming up later saying that he is innocent is just plain... injustice...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
Chester_Cobra
Super Junior Member

#69 Old 06-06-2008 Default

i sigh.i was merely poking fun at the whole situation.asking someone accused of rape to rape his own mother is simply barbaric.please excuse my satirical views.i can be quite a sarcastic fellow.ok so on a serious note, the answer is a no.give him rehabilitation.perhaps jail time if needed..........................now wheres my chastity belt.
Chester_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#70 Old 06-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester_Cobra View Post
i sigh.i was merely poking fun at the whole situation.asking someone accused of rape to rape his own mother is simply barbaric.please excuse my satirical views.i can be quite a sarcastic fellow.ok so on a serious note, the answer is a no.give him rehabilitation.perhaps jail time if needed..........................now wheres my chastity belt.
I am refering to the responces to the thread in general, not only to yours, so don't take everything as personal.

I doubt a chasity belt can prevent a rape though