ReCom.org
Reading Sharing Share your past, present, and future readings here.

Reading the real book versus Watching the movie

Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#11 Old 07-06-2008 Default

In my opinion, whether people prefer movies or books largely depends on the strength of their imagination and imagery skills. Interpret that as you will. =P

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!
Glassylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
vimal06 Male
Less Junior Member

#12 Old 07-06-2008 Default

Yeah i agree with glassylicious but for people who with avid imagination that can practicallly vision the characters and the story will actually feel rather disappointed when the movie comes out. Haha.. For me, Harry Potter movies havent managed to step up to the image of their respective books..
vimal06 is offline   Reply With Quote
phoenix1892 Male

#13 Old 07-06-2008 Default

Reading the real book is definitely better, coz there are limits to what they can do in movies, but in the book, there're isnt. It all depends on the imaginations of the authors and us readers. Anything can happen in books, but not in movie. Plus, in movies, they have to cater to the casual viewers, so sometimes a lot of changes are made in the movies...

However, sometimes I prefer the movies. For example, Narnia, I can't stand the books, but I quite like the films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vimal06 View Post
Yeah i agree with glassylicious but for people who with avid imagination that can practicallly vision the characters and the story will actually feel rather disappointed when the movie comes out. Haha.. For me, Harry Potter movies havent managed to step up to the image of their respective books..
I agree, the movie versions of Harry Potter are bad...except GOF. Let's hope HBP and the 2-parts Deathly Hallows will turn out to be as true to the books as possible.

Last edited by phoenix1892; 07-06-2008 at 10:18 PM.
phoenix1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Caprio

#14 Old 07-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix1892 View Post
Reading the real book is definitely better, coz there are limits to what they can do in movies, but in the book, there're isnt. It all depends on the imaginations of the authors and us readers. Anything can happen in books, but not in movie. Plus, in movies, they have to cater to the casual viewers, so sometimes a lot of changes are made in the movies...

However, sometimes I prefer the movies. For example, Narnia, I can't stand the books, but I quite like the films...
Yeah, it depends.

For instance, watching the movie Iron Man is definitely reading the book since it is action packed.
Caprio is offline   Reply With Quote
extreme Male
Less Junior Member

#15 Old 07-06-2008 Post

i think the best way to feel nice is if you wanna watch the movie then never go read the book. if you wanna read the book don;t bother to go see the movie.

pheonix1892 i don;t wuite a gree with you i read the book it's better than the movie. the 1st narnia movie is so boring. though i only read a part of the book but it's still better than the movie. just for narnia though.
3. Don?t say inside, what you cannot say outside.
4. Don?t say unless it is true, useful or kind.

Somewhere, somehow
extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
cuteranger Female
Less Junior Member

#16 Old 07-06-2008 Default

for harry potter movie i am quite disappointed with the characters as it didn turn out from wat i imagine in the book
haha for example i imagine cedric to be very handsome but he turn out looking OK only
just my opinion and one more thing i imagine sirius to be handsome too >.<

Last edited by cuteranger; 07-06-2008 at 11:24 PM.
cuteranger is offline   Reply With Quote
castle Male
Slightly Senior Member

#17 Old 07-06-2008 Default

reading books wastes too much time for me because i just hate sitting down and read and not move a muscle for hours at times...its just too unhealthy for me,id rather go skate.so,a two hour movie is preferable for me rather than months worth of books.
Super Junior Member

#18 Old 08-06-2008 Default

Read is totally better lohh...... Movie sien oh... I hate go movie wan oh~~~ Everytime sure sleep wan~~~ Poeple like me cannot go date with gf watch movie wan... Confirm sleep wan..... If book ahh... Wahhh...read till morning also can ohh.....

Baru book.. if DOTA, 1 week non stop also boleh... MUHAAHAHAHAHAA.. how i wish there is a story bout DOTA... Cool ohh... Sentinel Vs Scourge.. Maybe i write 1 for myself and post it in the Net~~~ LOL... owning~~~

SoHaiNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
extreme Male
Less Junior Member

#19 Old 08-06-2008 Post

there is story about warcarft not 100 percent towards dota la. you can go www.blueserver.org if i'm not mistaken. go to the story corner there. there really are story about warcraft. quite interesting but i so long did not go read liao lor.
3. Don?t say inside, what you cannot say outside.
4. Don?t say unless it is true, useful or kind.

Somewhere, somehow
extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
syamil_1 Male
Slightly Senior Member

#20 Old 08-06-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by castle View Post
reading books wastes too much time for me because i just hate sitting down and read and not move a muscle for hours at times...its just too unhealthy for me,id rather go skate.so,a two hour movie is preferable for me rather than months worth of books.
i read while walking, cooking, pooing, when got stuck in the traffic jam, eating, I read just about anywhere. Once you get used to it youll find it entertaining.