ReCom.org
Sarawakians Click here to visit this social group

The Future of Sarawak

zaiy Female

#11 Old 22-05-2009 Default Re: The Future of Sarawak

- The malls are still not as big as even Berjaya Times Square!
- No highways. but i dont know if highways are necessary in Sarawak.
- No matriculation college. Kedah has 4! sheesh.
- Public transportation is so dead.
- Better museums please. Our museums havent change since I was a kid!

-ka boom!-
zaiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#12 Old 22-05-2009 Default Re: The Future of Sarawak

^ this June. A new cinema in TheSpring.

Heck. Produce more kids in future,Senksiang. And make sure you come back to Sarawak in future. No hard feelings.

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
senksiang90 Male

#13 Old 23-05-2009 Default Re: The Future of Sarawak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xon View Post
^ this June. A new cinema in TheSpring.

Heck. Produce more kids in future,Senksiang. And make sure you come back to Sarawak in future. No hard feelings.
*Giggles* I do have a target of a girl in Sarawak.. but not from Kuching.. hee hee.... And no worries.. I'll produce as many as I can. LOL.

Despite the fact that Sarawak is still kinda 'ulu' i personally love it. Just look at Kuching, despite being a city, it still have jungles and I just love the fresh air in the morning at my former school at Jalan Pisang Barat(sometimes there's mist)
So, what do I like most about Kuching? Well, the girls(ok.. Sarawak.. nt Kch.. hehe), the food(mee pok nyum nyum.. craving for it.. Subang noodles totally suck), the chinese community(I somehow miss chinese community) and the natural surrounding.

Wow, they are opening a new cinema in The Spring? Finally! What is it? Star again or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaiy View Post
- Better museums please. Our museums havent change since I was a kid!
That's why they call it a museum. LOL. ok seriously, I feel that the museums are alright-haven't been ther for quite a while now- but the lamest museum certainly has to be the cat museum. I mean... what the heck man! they particularly put everything about cats in there-yeap, including Hello Kitty- so if u come down to Sarawak, If u dont get to go cat museum,dont regret too much.. only nice part about it is that it is at the top of the hill so it has quite a nice view of Kch. Aahhh... how i love to be able to end my AS now and go back to Kch.. I miss home!!!!!

Last edited by senksiang90; 23-05-2009 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
senksiang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Keiko123
Slightly Senior Member

#14 Old 23-05-2009 Default Re: The Future of Sarawak

And one more thing, many people, especially those from West Malaysia think that Sarawak is soooo "ulu". Damn it! They even think we Sarawakians live in the caves or jungles, think that we still wear what "ulu" clothes. =.=||| How lame it's. They think here doesn't have any rich. In fact, there are a lot! But NOT all. Some people in Sarawak even richer than West Malaysia, don't believe? Take a look. Hehe... Btw, no offence.

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.

If more is less, is less more?

Keiko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
senksiang90 Male

#15 Old 23-05-2009 Default Re: The Future of Sarawak

LOL... My friend always say I am ulu but I hit them back with sarcasm. I said... yeah!! I am orang Ulu.. I come here sakit leher tengok bangunan tinggi but u guys come sarawak sakit leher juga sakai tengok pokok tinggi!. LOL.. then i go on saying yeah.. very ulu.. in jungle one... very fun.. i get to swing with tarzan, talk with mowgli, its so fun! and I bla bla bla.. and that cocky KL kid shuddup.. hehe.. in ur face sucker@#$%@!!!!!!!

#16 Old 23-05-2009 Default Re: The Future of Sarawak

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
LOL... My friend always say I am ulu but I hit them back with sarcasm. I said... yeah!! I am orang Ulu.. I come here sakit leher tengok bangunan tinggi but u guys come sarawak sakit leher juga sakai tengok pokok tinggi!. LOL.. then i go on saying yeah.. very ulu.. in jungle one... very fun.. i get to swing with tarzan, talk with mowgli, its so fun! and I bla bla bla.. and that cocky KL kid shuddup.. hehe.. in ur face sucker@#$%@!!!!!!!
This one real funny lor~ Those west Malaysian keep thinking that we are so 'ulu', I think most probably because most of the time when Sarawak is showed on TV, we will see those who wear the traditional cloth one and the long house.. My eng teacher told me a story abt her nephew >> her nephew currently studying at UNIMAS, and there are a few bugau from west (pantai timur) malaysia also doing they undergraduate there. They keep complaining Sarawak is a boring state as there is no big shopping center. So my teacher's nephew asked them back whether they got shopping center or not (she knew there isn't any at her friends state), and the answer is >> no, we have to go to another state to shopping =.=

nguongping.blogspot.com
angel_tnp29 is offline   Reply With Quote
zaiy Female

#17 Old 23-05-2009 Default Re: The Future of Sarawak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko123 View Post
And one more thing, many people, especially those from West Malaysia think that Sarawak is soooo "ulu". Damn it! They even think we Sarawakians live in the caves or jungles, think that we still wear what "ulu" clothes. =.=||| How lame it's. They think here doesn't have any rich. In fact, there are a lot! But NOT all. Some people in Sarawak even richer than West Malaysia, don't believe? Take a look. Hehe... Btw, no offence.
absolutely agree with you. i study in negri for 2 years (form 4&5) and they said i'm a jungle girl. "do u live atas pokok?" . " can u see orang utan on the road?" what on earth! i feel like slapping their faces.

BLAME IT ON TOURISM ADVERTISEMENT!

oh i sound very emo lol

-ka boom!-
Keiko123
Slightly Senior Member

#18 Old 23-05-2009 Default Re: The Future of Sarawak

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post

Good idea indeed! So, next time I go to West Malaysia, I'll shoot them back in this way too. Pening kepala board this LRT la...

Quote:
absolutely agree with you. i study in negri for 2 years (form 4&5) and they said i'm a jungle girl. "do u live atas pokok?" . " can u see orang utan on the road?" what on earth! i feel like slapping their faces.

BLAME IT ON TOURISM ADVERTISEMENT!

oh i sound very emo lol
Lol... Calm down...

Let them think whatever they want. The most important thing is, our Sarawak isn't like what they say. That's not the fact!

What orang utan, pokok, rumah panjang, gua, orang ulu... Think back about it, I feel @#$%^&*!!!

Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.

If more is less, is less more?

Last edited by Keiko123; 23-05-2009 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Keiko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
zaiy Female

#19 Old 23-05-2009 Default Re: The Future of Sarawak

Quote:

Good idea indeed! So, next time I go to West Malaysia, I'll shoot them back in this way too. Pening kepala board this LRT la...

Lol... Calm down...

Let them think whatever they want. The most important thing is, our Sarawak isn't like what they say. That's not the fact!

What orang utan, pokok, rumah panjang, gua, orang ulu... Think back about it, I feel @#$%^&*!!!

yup. we know our state better. even my friends are amazed when i say in rumah pjg now they have astro, and longhouse made from concrete.
and to make them shut their mouths, i told them "even my friends from pedalaman speak fluent english, better than all of you!"
there you go~ dont try me.haha

-ka boom!-
vseehua
The Student
Administrator

#20 Old 26-05-2009 Default Re: The Future of Sarawak

Quote:

Lol... Calm down...

what LRT? swinging from tree to tree is so much fun, faster and more energy efficient than LRT!

Quote:
and to make them shut their mouths, i told them "even my friends from pedalaman speak fluent english, better than all of you!"
there you go~ dont try me.haha
Attribute this to our autonomy =) While the students from west malaysia have been studing everything in BM since the 1970s, we only made the transition in the last 1980s. Because of this difference, there was almost no problem switching back to the English system for mathematics, and science subjects...

It is always good to be naive, for when we cease to be naive, it is the end of life as we know it!

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
vseehua is offline   Reply With Quote