ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate

Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

[NUS] Application Outcome 2009

kfc Male
Less Junior Member

#31 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
I got 5As in STPM, and yes As for all subsections too. So I guess the only condition I don't fulfill is SPM Chinese, since I didn't take the subject .

Lol, 2/3 foreigners indeed. Thank you very much for this information.

And no, I don't feel disheartened. In fact, I feel relieved. Ha ha . If Medicine is indeed so hard to get, then I lose nothing by not getting it. I didn't apply anything else except Dentistry as my second choice, so no worries about being offered something else there.

Three 5A students already got Chemical Engineering.

I know NUS doesn't really accept foreigners for Medicine these days, and yes its that little ray of hope that keeps everything alive. I'm applying to the schools I'm interested in, and I can only pray that everything comes out OK. Ultimately it's still in God's hands, so I have nothing to shout about really.
Go UM/UKM =)
kfc is offline   Reply With Quote
tsar Male

#32 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

kfc you did A levels or STPM? So you're SPM 06, 07 or 08?

Thank you for your confidence.

caramel_nut I know a few Malaysian 4A students who obtain interviews just 2 years ago. So it seems that Singapore has drastically changed the way she does things.
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
kfc Male
Less Junior Member

#33 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
kfc you did A levels or STPM? So you're SPM 06, 07 or 08?

Thank you for your confidence.

caramel_nut I know a few Malaysian 4A students who obtain interviews just 2 years ago. So it seems that Singapore has drastically changed the way she does things.
A lvl
spm 06
caramel_nut Female
Slightly Senior Member

#34 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Kfc, I personally don't think you should put down other people's hope like that. Providing information is one thing; telling other Recommers to "SO FORGET IT, u wont get it" is another thing altogether.

Just to repeat what I said in a previous post, I do know of Malaysians in the NUS faculty coming from STPM background. I don't deny that it's hard to get but those who have proven themselves to be the best deserve it.
caramel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
kfc Male
Less Junior Member

#35 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_nut View Post
Kfc, I personally don't think you should put down other people's hope like that. Providing information is one thing; telling other Recommers to "SO FORGET IT, u wont get it" is another thing altogether.

Just to repeat what I said in a previous post, I do know of Malaysians in the NUS faculty coming from STPM background. I don't deny that it's hard to get but those who have proven themselves to be the best deserve it.
pls read my earlier responses, i said no offence.
tsar Male

#36 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Lol, its really okay. Reality bites, period. If my hope can be brought down by a few words then I really don't deserve to hope. =D

Then again, there's always finances to consider. If I can't secure a scholarship, I can't go even with all the tuition grants. The private student scenario does not apply to me. Its either all or nothing, so while I still hope, from the posts above me it does seem very difficult. I don't want to take a loan, because I don't want to graduate with a chunk of debt over my head, and especially not one quoted in Singapore Dollars XD.
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
caramel_nut Female
Slightly Senior Member

#37 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc View Post
pls read my earlier responses, i said no offence.
Saying no offense later doesn't give you the right to tell others to give up earlier. I have so many people telling me rudely in the face before to give up when applying to some of the best universities in the world. I can tell you it was very disheartening. So what if the person says sorry later? Damage was being done and you have put someone's hope down.

Ah, I am digressing from the topic. I should stop here.

Quote:
Lol, its really okay. Reality bites, period. If my hope can be brought down by a few words then I really don't deserve to hope. =D

Then again, there's always finances to consider. If I can't secure a scholarship, I can't go even with all the tuition grants. The private student scenario does not apply to me. Its either all or nothing, so while I still hope, from the posts above me it does seem very difficult. I don't want to take a loan, because I don't want to graduate with a chunk of debt over my head, and especially not one quoted in Singapore Dollars XD.
My NUS medic friend kena bonded to Singapore.

Last edited by caramel_nut; 11-04-2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
caramel_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
kfc Male
Less Junior Member

#38 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:

is jpa available to u?
UM/UKM not bad...reli...n i think u can get it.
markwongsk Male
Developer

#39 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
I think results will be released gradually with top students accepted first, then 2nd tier students followed by the next group until the very last batch. Not sure when mine will be processed or maybe not at all T_T Feeling insecure right now, it's like being told by your girlfriend to wait 1 day for sex. LOL
you don't have sex with your girlfriend -.- You do it with your wife LOL
markwongsk is offline   Reply With Quote
kfc Male
Less Junior Member

#40 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_nut View Post
Saying no offense later doesn't give you the right to tell others to give up earlier. I have so many people telling me rudely in the face before to give up when applying to some of the best universities in the world. I can tell you it was very disheartening. So what if the person says sorry later? Damage was being done and you have put someone's hope down.

Ah, I am digressing from the topic. I should stop here.

My NUS medic friend kena bonded to Singapore.
truth of coz is disheartening, and he oledi mentioned dat hes not disheartened ! the words are not for u rite? good if u wan to stop it after u flame me back =)

can I know ur fren's name? =)