ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate

Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

[NUS] Application Outcome 2009

choogirl

#41 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Not quite true that they consider first choice first then so on or they consider top scorers' first. I applied first choice medic second choice chem engineering. I only got the notification saying that I got chem eng
choogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
markwongsk Male
Developer

#42 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
I got 5As in STPM, and yes As for all subsections too. So I guess the only condition I don't fulfill is SPM Chinese, since I didn't take the subject .

Lol, 2/3 foreigners indeed. Thank you very much for this information.

And no, I don't feel disheartened. In fact, I feel relieved. Ha ha . If Medicine is indeed so hard to get, then I lose nothing by not getting it. I didn't apply anything else except Dentistry as my second choice, so no worries about being offered something else there.

Three 5A students already got Chemical Engineering.

I know NUS doesn't really accept foreigners for Medicine these days, and yes its that little ray of hope that keeps everything alive. I'm applying to the schools I'm interested in, and I can only pray that everything comes out OK. Ultimately it's still in God's hands, so I have nothing to shout about really.
yay, I fulfill the academic part but I don't like medicine... tsar want to swap? You apply to NUS while I take your Bridge offer XD
markwongsk is offline   Reply With Quote
choogirl

#43 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

A shoutout to KFC, tsar is holding an offer to study Medicine in Cambridge. So what if NUS rejects him? UM and UKM shouldn't be the place where he should be
tsar Male

#44 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

I was shot down when I initially wanted to take 5 subjects. People openly predicted me to drop Physics after my Lower 6 year. So I've had my fair share as well.

Trinity College Cambridge telling me that typically only 1 international student is admitted for Medicine each year in the college didn't help either.

Thank you kfc. UM UKM is really not bad, especially since both medical courses are recognised by Singapore.

Thank you caramel_nut . I don't mind being bonded, but not with a cloud of debt. Accepting the tuition grant = bond. But the tuition grant doesn't even cover everything! So it would be like I have to pay, but still get bonded in the end. Not really worth it. I'd rather JPA bond me after Cambridge, seriously.

mark I don't understand your swap offer. I am already applying to NUS, how am I to swap for something which I already have? And I would presume you wanted my NUS application? I'm confused. Lol.

Was the shoutout necessary? XD

Last edited by tsar; 11-04-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
kfc Male
Less Junior Member

#45 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by choogirl View Post
A shoutout to KFC, tsar is holding an offer to study Medicine in Cambridge. So what if NUS rejects him? UM and UKM shouldn't be the place where he should be
Cam accept doesnt mean NUS rite? each top uni has their own preference, n cant be compared.
lol u think UM is dat ez? =)
kfc is offline   Reply With Quote
markwongsk Male
Developer

#46 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
I was shot down when I initially wanted to take 5 subjects. People openly predicted me to drop Physics after my Lower 6 year. So I've had my fair share as well.

Trinity College Cambridge telling me that typically only 1 international student is admitted for Medicine each year in the college didn't help either.

Thank you kfc. UM UKM is really not bad, especially since both medical courses are recognised by Singapore.

Thank you caramel_nut . I don't mind being bonded, but not with a cloud of debt. Accepting the tuition grant = bond. But the tuition grant doesn't even cover everything! So it would be like I have to pay, but still get bonded in the end. Not really worth it. I'd rather JPA bond me after Cambridge, seriously.

mark I don't understand your swap offer. I am already applying to NUS, how am I to swap for something which I already have? And I would presume you wanted my NUS application? I'm confused. Lol.

I was saying, coz you don't have Chinese A1 marh.... and you sounded like you wanted to fulfill the criteria. So I said we swap XD. I give you my qualification you give me your admission XD

Then again, I don't want medicine... Oh well (sour grapes XD)
kfc Male
Less Junior Member

#47 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:

u got jpa sponsor for ur cam offer?
by the way, working in singapore is better, since 1 to 2.4 and is raising generally...
kfc is offline   Reply With Quote
choogirl

#48 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Yes, tsar. I dislike people who look down on stpm and thinks a great deal about a-levels. So far, people who I have heard of getting cambridge did stpm.

Btw, did you check what 'class' of degree you are getting? My friend said he knows someone who got cambridge but the degree is third class. Have you checked?
markwongsk Male
Developer

#49 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc View Post
Cam accept doesnt mean NUS rite? each top uni has their own preference, n cant be compared.
lol u think UM is dat ez? =)
Well, what choogirl is trying to say is why care about NUS rejecting when he already got UK Cambridge???

As for UM, I think it would be easy for tsar with his 5As and active ko-k...
choogirl

#50 Old 11-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Yes, tsar. I dislike people who look down on stpm and thinks a great deal about a-levels. So far, people who I have heard of getting cambridge did stpm.

Btw, did you check what 'class' of degree you are getting? My friend said he knows someone who got cambridge but the degree is third class. Have you checked?