ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate

Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

[NUS] Application Outcome 2009

kfc Male
Less Junior Member

#81 Old 12-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwongsk View Post
Congratulations! Another STPM bloomer =) I am so happy that at least we STPMers are not making a shame of our academic qualification! Hopefully the government sees the effort in continuing this education and not place it inferior to some movie where people evade bullets by bending in slow motion
sorry to correct u
it is EDEXCEL A lvl, not even cambridge
thank you.
kfc is offline   Reply With Quote
markwongsk Male
Developer

#82 Old 12-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfc View Post
sorry to correct u
it is EDEXCEL A lvl, not even cambridge
thank you.
okay... my bad for seeing wrong

But anyway, CONGRATULATIONS TO HOSEA!!!!
markwongsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Eurytos Male

#83 Old 12-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwongsk View Post
Congratulations! Another STPM bloomer =) I am so happy that at least we STPMers are not making a shame of our academic qualification! Hopefully the government sees the effort in continuing this education and not place it inferior to some movie where people evade bullets by bending in slow motion
Haha actually it isn't bending in slow motion rather the time frame moves in bullet time so the 3rd person view would show that the person evading the bullet moving almost as quick relative to the bullet. LOL I get ur point btw loads of my frens went for the MOVIE too..

Anyway has anyone been invited to apply for the ASEAN undergraduate scholarship for NUS courses this year ?
Developer

#84 Old 12-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
Haha actually it isn't bending in slow motion rather the time frame moves in bullet time so the 3rd person view would show that the person evading the bullet moving almost as quick relative to the bullet. LOL I get ur point btw loads of my frens went for the MOVIE too..

Anyway has anyone been invited to apply for the ASEAN undergraduate scholarship for NUS courses this year ?
I am not referring to the movie but rather something in our country which has the same name as the movie. I am saying that STPM is placed inferior to it. Read between the lines (But I think you got me, just trying to clarify to other recommers)

Want to draw a Minkowski's Diagram for the bullet/person time frame?

Regression: Will we be invited to apply? How will we be invited?
markwongsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Hosea
Super Junior Member

#85 Old 12-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
Hosea, you got Dentistry because you put it as first choice. They won't consider you for Medicine until you fail to qualify for Dentistry.

I have not had any correspondence from NUS. My prospects for NUS medic looks bleak no?
Considering your academic achievements, I consider it very surprising that you haven't been shortlisted.
Have you checked your interview status in the online application status facility yet? That is how I found out I had been shortlisted. Before that, I kept looking at the application status section. Thus far, I have not received any email or letter from them. Good luck!

Quote:
oh well good luck !!
btw dentistry would be slightly easier than medic, since less ppl wan it lor
i think ur second choice medic bleak oledi..

added: duno about dentistry, but admission score of medic is 50% academic 50% purely other than academic like co-curi, essay test, recommendation letters, resume, n others, as stated in web.
Thank you, kfc. i certainly need the luck.
According to the nus website, admission criteria for dentistry is 70% academic and 30% test and interview. So it appears that dentistry puts more emphasis on academic results.Which leads to the conclusion that the dentistry applicant pool was a lot less competitive,hmmm? Anyway, whatever the case, I'm glad.

Last edited by Hosea; 12-04-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Hosea is offline   Reply With Quote
kfc Male
Less Junior Member

#86 Old 12-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosea View Post
Considering your academic achievements, I consider it very surprising that you haven't been shortlisted.
Have you checked your interview status in the online application status facility yet? That is how I found out I had been shortlisted. Before that, I kept looking at the application status section. Thus far, I have not received any email or letter from them. Good luck!

Thank you, kfc. i certainly need the luck.
According to the nus website, admission criteria for dentistry is 70% academic and 30% test and interview. So it appears that dentistry puts more emphasis on academic results.Which leads to the conclusion that the dentistry applicant pool was a lot less competitive,hmmm? Anyway, whatever the case, I'm glad.
haha good luck !!! wheres ur interview goin to be? i think dentistry less ppl like gua...

where u did ur edexcel? if im not wrong, only got 3/4 skols in msia offer dat, including kbu international college, one in cheras, one in HELP

Last edited by kfc; 12-04-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Hosea
Super Junior Member

#87 Old 12-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
haha good luck !!! wheres ur interview goin to be? i think dentistry less ppl like gua...

where u did ur edexcel? if im not wrong, only got 3/4 skols in msia offer dat, including kbu international college, one in cheras, one in HELP
On campus, I presume. I only know the dates and times. Further information would be either emailed or sent by "a formal letter" as quoted by the website. I hope they email me, a formal letter would take ages.
I did my A-Levels in the Cheras one-UCSI. You aren't a SPTMer either, are you?
kfc Male
Less Junior Member

#88 Old 12-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosea View Post
On campus, I presume. I only know the dates and times. Further information would be either emailed or sent by "a formal letter" as quoted by the website. I hope they email me, a formal letter would take ages.
I did my A-Levels in the Cheras one-UCSI. You aren't a SPTMer either, are you?
yep im not
so u gotta travel to NUS !!
NUS is nice, mayb u will meet me accidentally lol, must go visit national wind tunnel, best exfoliation ever haha joking...
tsar Male

#89 Old 12-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

Hosea, I don't see an interview status. Oh no!
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Hosea
Super Junior Member

#90 Old 12-04-2009 Default Re: [NUS] Application Outcome 2009

tsar, really?
After I enter my application number and PIN (when logging on to the OASF), I get this list-

- Application status enquiry
- Online reply to NUS offer of admission
- Online appeal
- Interview Status
- Online Payment of Application Fee

So I click the interview status part and go from there.