ReCom.org
Social and Entertainment Corner Share your cool links, funny videos, discuss movies, music or ask for dating tips here :)

What I ReCommend today

youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#1 Old 06-06-2009 Default What I ReCommend today

I set up a "Youtube's Best Videos" thread a while ago for people to recommend videos they think are worth sharing.

In a similar vein, I am creating this thread called "What I ReCommend today". This is a place for people to share something, or anything, online that they think is worth sharing with other people. It can be a touching article, a piece of groundbreaking discovery, a snippet of news worth remembering, or a speech worth listening to. I encourage you to share a line to explain why you think this item is worth sharing.

To get the ball rolling, I am sharing this speech by Obama in Cairo:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/NewBeginning/

This is a speech on America?s relationship with Muslim communities around the world. Being born to a Muslim father, growing up in a Muslim country and the first African-American to be elected US President, Obama has the special charm in bridging the difference between the west and the Islamic community.

Reason worth sharing: Witness oratory skills, get a brief overview of the conflict of the world today, learn good English (you can read the transcript here) and sound, rational thoughts. Also, listen to a US president say Assalamualaikum without tying a knot with his tongue.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
wnka86
Super Junior Member

#2 Old 15-06-2009 Default Re: What I ReCommend today

I have always wonder why are there so many loyalists behind the brand Apple. Tim Cook, the man behind every success of Apple first came to Apple in the year 1998. He has worked in IBM and Compaq but ever since then, he has inspired the success of many of its products such as iPod, iPhone, iTune and others. He's also the highest paid executive holding the position of Chief Operation Officer in Apple.

What distinct the company to be one of the leading brands are the customers. This is what I wish to share with all of you: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3202...-customer-base

Be inspired with what Apple is doing.
wnka86 is offline   Reply With Quote
frankchong

#3 Old 25-08-2009 Default Something "useful" and time to relax

Have you like his:

http://xkcd.com/627/

regards,
Frank
frankchong is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#4 Old 25-08-2009 Default Re: What I ReCommend today

Moderator Note: Merged the last post here.

Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
luke Male
KittyLover
Administrator

#5 Old 25-08-2009 Default Re: What I ReCommend today

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/08/...ef=mpstoryview

as I have recommended on my facebook, ironically

#6 Old 29-04-2010 Default Re: What I ReCommend today

I recommend: The movie "My Name Is Khan"

It is a Bollywood film filmed in US, directed by Karan Johar. Unlike other Bollywood movies, there is no sessions of dancing and singing.

Reasons why I recommend this:
Seriously, I think everyone who is biased on racial issues should watch this movie. I admit, I too am a little racist before. But, I felt like I am a different person today after watching it. Guess my racial sentiments evaporated with my tears. There are quite a number of touching scenes in it!
I've been thinking, why can't Malaysians live together harmoniously without fighting for "your rights" and "my rights"? Why can't everyone be treated as the same--simply Malaysian? After all, all of us are born here! And how I miss the time when I was small, playing with my friends of different races, without even knowing what were our differences! Or even during secondary school, we can still blend together as one, helping each other in studies, organizing events together, practising for performances, cracking up lots of jokes in class, etc. I'm sure all of you miss those moments, right?
Let us eliminate all those negative thoughts and together we can change Malaysia! We all play a part in this, not just the government. Everyone plays an important role in modelling Malaysia, no matter you are government servants or private sectors' workers. Who knows, you may be the next Prime Minister or a Minister of certain department. Therefore, let us set our mind to the right track. Even though Malaysia may not be able to change now, but I believe that it certainly will in the near future. We are the key to this success! *As I believe the older adults mind is hard to remould now, and it's hard to change their perception.* So, IT ALL DEPENDS ON US--THE YOUNG GENERATION!
Buy the DVD and watch it. I assure you, this is one that definitely deserves a place on your DVD rack.

Quoted from Wikipedia:
[spoiler]In an August 2009 interview, Shahrukh Khan stated that My Name Is Khan is "not abo[color=Black]ut terrorism, or 9/11. It

Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#7 Old 02-05-2010 Default Re: What I ReCommend today

http://www.snopes.com/business/deals/pudding.asp

This is someone whom we could all learn a lesson from: Know an opportunity when you see one, and seize it to the end.

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!
Glassylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
youngyew Male
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#8 Old 02-05-2010 Default Re: What I ReCommend today

Awesome story I wouldn't say 31 round trip is a "lifetime free air travel" though.

sandwraith Female
Super Junior Member

#9 Old 25-05-2012 Default Re: What I ReCommend today

what i recommend today is...

http://www.novelr.com/2009/07/10/a-b...ooks-to-movies

haha, so true
sandwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sandwraith For This Useful Post:
dargon Female
Super Junior Member

#10 Old 18-07-2012 Default Re: What I ReCommend today

True dat sandwraith lol

I recommend: The Book Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother

Here's the WSJ article about this book.

It caused a bit of a hoohah in the States with the extreme 'Asian' way of parenting that the author applied. Although I agree that what the author did was somewhat extreme but I could definitely see some elements of it in my childhood upbringing and it made me a better person. Give it a read and let me know what you think

Last edited by dargon; 18-07-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
dargon is offline   Reply With Quote