ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Education > Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate

Pre-U/ Undergraduate/ Postgraduate Post your questions on these topics ONLY

Towards US Universities Admission Fall (Aug/Sep) 2010

chongkeat Male

#81 Old 10-11-2009 Default Re: Towards US Universities Admission Fall (Aug/Sep) 2010

Quote:
hi, just wanted to ask if international applicants can request for application fee waiver for stanford?
I think yeejietang answered your question a week ago.
chongkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
yeejietang Male
Super Junior Member

#82 Old 11-11-2009 Default Re: Towards US Universities Admission Fall (Aug/Sep) 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by isha02 View Post
hi, just wanted to ask if international applicants can request for application fee waiver for stanford?
you know, you just have to read the post above yours to find the answer. really, is that too hard?
Super Junior Member

#83 Old 11-11-2009 Default Re: Towards US Universities Admission Fall (Aug/Sep) 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeejietang View Post
you know, you just have to read the post above yours to find the answer. really, is that too hard?
i did read that.it wasn't too hard.i was asking for confirmation coz a senior who's currently in stanford told me that internationals can apply for fee waiver.thanks anyway.
isha02 is offline   Reply With Quote
WiNGLeSs_anGeL31 Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#84 Old 11-11-2009 Default Re: Towards US Universities Admission Fall (Aug/Sep) 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by isha02 View Post
i did read that.it wasn't too hard.i was asking for confirmation coz a senior who's currently in stanford told me that internationals can apply for fee waiver.thanks anyway.
i applied to stanford with a fee waiver.
tl;dr: email stanford.

People, people. If you wanna discuss something, please make sure you make, speak, and type refined sense. Everyone else, remember:
WiNGLeSs_anGeL31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WiNGLeSs_anGeL31 For This Useful Post:
isha02 Female
Super Junior Member

#85 Old 11-11-2009 Default Re: Towards US Universities Admission Fall (Aug/Sep) 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNGLeSs_anGeL31 View Post
i applied to stanford with a fee waiver.
tl;dr: email stanford.
tnx a lot!
isha02 is offline   Reply With Quote
SLiD Female
Super Junior Member

#86 Old 19-11-2009 Default Re: Towards US Universities Admission Fall (Aug/Sep) 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman View Post
Originally Posted by isha02
hi, i was planning to do my whole apps on9...
my pre-u counselor is x willing 2 do the school forms on9 while my 2ndry skool counselor is willing 2 do so...bt he is willing 2 forward my transcripts, his evaluation n recomendation to my skool counselor so tat she cn upload tem...cn i use my skool counselor as my guidance counselor 4 commonapp? i wil attach a letter frm my current counselor saying tat he forwarded my transcripts to her.is tis ok?

if you look back at previous posts or in the posts of other threads, you will realize that you can actually let one of your teachers do his/her evaluation online while the other can do it manually. somehow i think that it may seem strange for your pre-u counselor to forward his/her evaluation and transcripts to your other counselor, as this process is supposed to be done confidentially. if you want to, you can even ask both teachers to do it manually and you can collect their evaluations in different envelopes and send them together. and yes, you may use your secondary school counselor as your guidance counselor.
On Common Application, it does not state explicitly which school counselor you have to list as your "school counselor". Also, it is perfectly fine to have someone act as your school counselor.

Attaching a letter explaining would be fine though.
The Following User Says Thank You to SLiD For This Useful Post:
angel_tnp29 Female

#87 Old 21-11-2009 Default Re: Towards US Universities Admission Fall (Aug/Sep) 2010

Hi I would like to ask a question here before I email AdCom for final solution. Currently I am toward the end of my first semester in Taylor's ADP and intended to apply as freshman to Columbia University. May I know what should I fill in as my present school? Taylor's or my former secondary school? I can get the best recommendation letters from my secondary school instead of my pre-U college, so I prefer to use my secondary school for that column.

nguongping.blogspot.com
angel_tnp29 is offline   Reply With Quote
pureint91 Male

#88 Old 22-11-2009 Default Re: Towards US Universities Admission Fall (Aug/Sep) 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_tnp29 View Post
Hi I would like to ask a question here before I email AdCom for final solution. Currently I am toward the end of my first semester in Taylor's ADP and intended to apply as freshman to Columbia University. May I know what should I fill in as my present school? Taylor's or my former secondary school? I can get the best recommendation letters from my secondary school instead of my pre-U college, so I prefer to use my secondary school for that column.
U mean secondary school report or mid year report?

If mid year report u must use taylors, secondary school report u must use ur sceondary sch. Btw, mind telling me ur sat 1 score? *out of curiosity*

I am one of the jpa's us bound student in uniten

Last edited by pureint91; 22-11-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
pureint91 is offline   Reply With Quote
angel_tnp29 Female

#89 Old 22-11-2009 Default Re: Towards US Universities Admission Fall (Aug/Sep) 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureint91 View Post
U mean secondary school report or mid year report?

If mid year report u must use taylors, secondary school report u must use ur sceondary sch. Btw, mind telling me ur sat 1 score? *out of curiosity*

I am one of the jpa's us bound student in uniten
yeah i understand this. this is for commonapps but not for Columbia. as for Columbia uni they will printed ur school name on all the report, so i couldnt differentiate which one should i use. i sent adcom an email and waiting for the reply.

aah ic. so u know karen? she is from JB, in UNITEN as well. as for my sat, i screwed it up badly. not even 1800. i hope it would be a lot better for sat 2. plan to retake it again next jan.

nguongping.blogspot.com
angel_tnp29 is offline   Reply With Quote
gman Male

#90 Old 23-11-2009 Default Re: Towards US Universities Admission Fall (Aug/Sep) 2010

i think you can put taylors as your current school, since it is in fact, your present school. you can include a letter of explanation in your application to clarify certain things such as your current educational situation( taylors now, previously secondary school...).
gman is offline   Reply With Quote