ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Language and Literature Corner > Reading Sharing

Reading Sharing Share your past, present, and future readings here.

What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

catchthesepieces Female
Super Junior Member

#1 Old 27-06-2009 Default What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

the title says it all, my friends are reading it, but i cant find anything interesting in the book. really, not interested, i agree with different ppl like different things, but i just want to know whats so special about this particular vampire drama. is it because of the movie? adn btw, harry potter doesnt catch my eye too. LOL
Less Junior Member

#2 Old 27-06-2009 Default Re: whats so special about the twillight sage btw?

Ha... I was wondering about the same thing. I guess it's up to personal preferences. The current frenzy about this series remained a mystery to me. I read the first book after the movie, hoping to find and answer but to no avail. After reading new moon, I gave up! It was a drag, and the story was one-sided and boring to me.

ps: I would rank harry potter above twilight, though I'm not really a hp fan.
Herlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Speeddemon Male

#3 Old 27-06-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

I started reading Twilight last month, and guess what? I finished the first book within 36 hours! And now i'm reading the last one: Breaking Dawn.

I have to agree with Herlene that it depends on your own preference. Different people like different things. Most of my friends who read Twilight are crazy about Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson, actually). But i find the story quite interesting, especially all those supernatural stuff like vampires and werewolves.

By the way, if u ask me about Harry Potter, i would say twilight triumphs!
Speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
schem
Super Junior Member

#4 Old 27-06-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

ppl have different things going on in their mind. It doesnt mean that if u don't like it everyone should. People hv different cup of tea, I should say..
schem is offline   Reply With Quote
Gabrielle90
Slightly Senior Member

#5 Old 09-09-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddemon View Post
I started reading Twilight last month, and guess what? I finished the first book within 36 hours! And now i'm reading the last one: Breaking Dawn.

I have to agree with Herlene that it depends on your own preference. Different people like different things. Most of my friends who read Twilight are crazy about Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson, actually). But i find the story quite interesting, especially all those supernatural stuff like vampires and werewolves.

By the way, if u ask me about Harry Potter, i would say twilight triumphs!
Haha. I finished all the books less than a week!!! I am crazy about Edward Cullen but not Robert Pattison. It's the character in the novel caught my eyes not the one in the movie. By the way, i do agree that different people would have different preferences. I don't like those robotic alienic story but there are people who like them. So, it depends on individual.
Gabrielle90 is offline   Reply With Quote
SapphireDragon Male
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#6 Old 09-09-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Harry Potter wins hand downs compared to Twilight. I thought that the 1st book was quite boring and was a little confused by the way the narrator writes the story(must have been sleepy while reading it so couldn't concentrate). And I personally think that Edward Cullen is not that handsome in the very first place. Don't get me wrong, he is indeed handsome but not in the form of a pale face and weird hairdo.

Be an optimist and enjoy life!

Visit my blog.
SapphireDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
davinci518 Male
Super Junior Member

#7 Old 10-09-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

yeah definitely the potter books are much, much more captivating in terms of the storyline and character developments compared to twilight.
davinci518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Miss_wonderful91 Female
Super Junior Member

#8 Old 11-09-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

lol i easily get bored while watching twilight..i downloaded the movie december last year and tadaaa i only managed to watch it for the first 20 minutes..and even i tried so hard the next day and yeah always half way of watching..luckily its free..if not,what a waste of money..everyone(lol not really everyone,most maybe) says that edward cullen is so hot?oh yeah?i dont think so..and u want a vampire bf?hey thats so not a real thing..crazy people nowadays..i wish im that crazy..
Miss_wonderful91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Herlene Female
Less Junior Member

#9 Old 12-09-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Why do people keep caomparing Twilight with Harry Poter anyway? Is it because of Robert Pattison?
Herlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#10 Old 12-09-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herlene View Post
Why do people keep caomparing Twilight with Harry Poter anyway? Is it because of Robert Pattison?
Probably not really because of Robert Pattinson. I'm guessing it's because both are fantasy series based off a novel.

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!
Glassylicious is offline   Reply With Quote