ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Language and Literature Corner > Reading Sharing

Reading Sharing Share your past, present, and future readings here.

What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

sugarspice Female
Slightly Senior Member

#11 Old 12-09-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Aiya, many people are mad at Robert Pat , somemore he's now dating his co-star, so it's like Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens in HSM, and everything gets heated up....lol
sugarspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Cerise Female
Super Junior Member

#12 Old 26-09-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

twillight is ok for me...
although i do think robert pat is very hot~
personally i'm not a big fan of this because i think the book is just like one of those love storries except this one is vampire and more challenging in a way.
it is a book that better than most cheesy love stories.
Less Junior Member

#13 Old 26-09-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

the first book is a bore..the others are interesting enough
probably it is famous because of Pattinson or the storyline(a girl not able to fit in in her old school moves to a new place and she falls for a guy who happens to be a vegetarian vampire)
a classic love story.
blessusall is offline   Reply With Quote
Glassylicious Female
The Iron Fist
Chief Editor of ReMag
Administrator

#14 Old 26-09-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

This threatens to veer off-topic, but I find Dr. Cullen [Edward's father] a lot hotter than Edward Cullen himself. -_-;; The latter's hairstyle is way too off-putting, though he may have a killer smile, both metaphorically and literally speaking.

Friend: "I've discovered something that's even better than sitting on a chair and spinning on it -- sitting on a chair BACKWARDS and spinning on it!" *spins around in glee*

Compliment yourself today!
Glassylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Herlene Female
Less Junior Member

#15 Old 19-10-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessusall View Post
the first book is a bore..the others are interesting enough
probably it is famous because of Pattinson or the storyline(a girl not able to fit in in her old school moves to a new place and she falls for a guy who happens to be a vegetarian vampire)
a classic love story.
On the other hand, I found the second book duller than the first and hence had giving up on reading the rest of the sequels.

Anyway, there's this tv series "the Vampire Diaries" that struck great resemblance to Twilight and I love it!
Herlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Speeddemon Male

#16 Old 19-10-2009 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herlene View Post
On the other hand, I found the second book duller than the first and hence had giving up on reading the rest of the sequels.

Anyway, there's this tv series "the Vampire Diaries" that struck great resemblance to Twilight and I love it!
I agree with you. The second books is really boring. But the third and the fourth r really great. Especially Breaking Dawn. That's something readers want i think.
Speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
strawglow
Super Junior Member

#17 Old 06-01-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Twilight sucks I'm sorry.But it is.Even fantasy books should be logical/related to in some sense.Twilight doesn't...I like the idea of a mortal falling in love with a vampire...but Stephenie Meyer is not a good writer.It's too overrated.

-Dun be hatin its jz an opinion.=)
strawglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Restl3ss
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#18 Old 06-01-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Stephanie Meyer's book has been translated to various languages. As a matter of fact, some of the chapters in Twilight has also been translated and published in magazines as literature pieces. Not only that, her other creation, The Host was also an international bestseller. Thus, I can't say that Stephanie Meyer is not a good writer.

In my opinion, her books are easy to understand and read. That's why people are easily absorbed into it. She uses the first point of view and gives detailed description of a subject to let her readers feel what her characters are feeling. However, to some, it's over detailed, annoying and irritating. Like how people say half of her book is describing the perfectness of Edward Cullen. Therefore, I do understand what you are feeling. =)

But still, I do think her book is too thick too.
chocomaniac Female
Less Junior Member

#19 Old 06-01-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

persoanally, i dun get how stephanie meyer can make a story which relates vampire and vampires...i mean, vampires doesn't goes along with romances. It simply destroyed those classical vampires where they are supposed to be scary, meany and thirsty!
chocomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
blessusall
Less Junior Member

#20 Old 07-01-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

I read Eclipse recently, and I do not like it.(maybe because i'm for team Jacob)
I preferred New Moon and Breaking Dawn.

I don't like Meyer's style of writing...I enjoyed the films more...

Definitely overrated
blessusall is offline   Reply With Quote