ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Activities Hub > ReCom Language and Literature Corner > Reading Sharing

Reading Sharing Share your past, present, and future readings here.

What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Leen
Peacemaker
Administrator

#21 Old 07-01-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Good question.
The answer is "nothing".
Leen is offline   Reply With Quote
BattleBoyz Male
Slightly Senior Member

#22 Old 07-01-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessusall View Post
I don't like Meyer's style of writing...I enjoyed the films more...

Definitely overrated
Agreed. I think many parts of the novel can be "removed" since they are boring and there's too little excitement reading the books, especially the first book. The villains only come out at about the last part of the story. Maybe the writer should write a short passage to introduce the villain at the front part so that readers can continue reading to see what's going to happen to the characters. I'd like to see more fighting scenes.

Live your life to the fullest, for yourself and for those around you.
BattleBoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
edcac Female
Less Junior Member

#23 Old 01-06-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

I'd say everyone is entitled to have their own opinions, but don't be so harsh on the series. Not everyone has the same taste, that's what makes us all different from one another. If we all liked the same things, the world wouldn't be such a nice place to live in if you don't have some healthy debate once in a while.

In my opinion, not everyone will like the book as it is after all told from the point of view of Bella Swan. I don't think guys want to know what it feels like to kiss Edward.

And not all girls will like it as well, I guess some girls are the independent type and hate the fact that Bella can be so dependent and emotional sometimes.

I love the whole series, the way Edward treats Bella right, the way Jacob is so friendly and cheerful. I love the way how many opposite elements can come together so perfectly in the books.

Ah, don't throw rotten tomatoes at me just yet, we all have the right to voice our own opinions, and yea, I'd say loud and proud, I LOVE TWILIGHT!
-Barack Hussein Obama
edcac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edcac For This Useful Post:
rukia0827 Female
Super Junior Member

#24 Old 30-06-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

I love Twilight saga...the whole series, the plot, the characters....it's perfect for me! When I first started reading Twilight, I thought it would only be just another plain boring novel...but soon I find myself addicted to the series, anxiously flipping the pages to find out what happens next, I can't explain why I'm attracted Twilight saga...I just know Twilight saga rocks!!! ( perhaps girls would prefer them,haha)
rukia0827 is offline   Reply With Quote
lxy Female
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor

#25 Old 01-07-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukia0827 View Post
I love Twilight saga...the whole series, the plot, the characters....it's perfect for me! When I first started reading Twilight, I thought it would only be just another plain boring novel...but soon I find myself addicted to the series, anxiously flipping the pages to find out what happens next, I can't explain why I'm attracted Twilight saga...I just know Twilight saga rocks!!! ( perhaps girls would prefer them,haha)
i'm a girl, and i read a snippet of the novel and i thought it was just kind of overdramatic. haha. i didnt like it.
lxy is offline   Reply With Quote
fokero Male

#26 Old 01-07-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

haha. i dont really read such genre of books. i prefer thriller & something beyond that.
but i love the movies of this Saga. maybe becos Bella in the movies are so hot .
& yeah, everyone has their own opinion on everything. maybe other person hate Twilight & prefer Harry Potter. maybe some are vice versa. or maybe there's also some out there (like me) dislike both of the series. haha.
it's up to the readers & maybe, the writer also create an impact here
fokero is offline   Reply With Quote
rukia0827 Female
Super Junior Member

#27 Old 01-07-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxy View Post
i'm a girl, and i read a snippet of the novel and i thought it was just kind of overdramatic. haha. i didnt like it.
everybody has a different taste...haha
rukia0827 is offline   Reply With Quote
bekann Male
Less Junior Member

#28 Old 01-07-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leen View Post
Good question.
The answer is "nothing".
I agree. I read the first few pages and was bored to death. :/
bekann is offline   Reply With Quote
Dominic Male
ReCom Staff
Wiki Contributor
ReMag Writer

#29 Old 01-07-2010 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekann View Post
I agree. I read the first few pages and was bored to death. :/
Hmmm... I read all 4 books, and was disappointed by the ending...
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?"

And thus laments the hopeless romantic that is yours truly.
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Decimo Male
Super Junior Member

#30 Old 04-05-2011 Default Re: What's so special about the Twillight saga by the way?

I like the first book. The rest, not so much. Totally agree with Dominic about the ending. I was hoping for death and blood . But in the end, the ending was a letdown
Decimo is offline   Reply With Quote