ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Malaysia Today

Malaysia Today Discussion about issues related to Malaysian politics and economy.

Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

louis8_8wang Male
Less Junior Member

#91 Old 20-07-2009 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

what we should concern is the negative effects on the students. students should not confront this problem which is a result of the political issue. moreover, it is destrucitve and deplorable to the development of country. i'm totally against this kind of improper planning and changing.

it seems like every new institution or implementation is another excuse for the opposition to controvert and the recurrence of this issue is ridiculous.
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#92 Old 20-07-2009 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis8_8wang View Post
what we should concern is the negative effects on the students. students should not confront this problem which is a result of the political issue. moreover, it is destrucitve and deplorable to the development of country. i'm totally against this kind of improper planning and changing.
Well, pardon my language, but "like hell they care!" Everything is for political mileage. Forget about the people's welfare; just give them what they want even though it will lead them to their ruin. After all when they're ruined, I won't be living anymore. So what the heck?

But have the comfort, louis8_8wang, of knowing that you're right.

Last edited by henry_yew; 20-07-2009 at 08:19 AM.
henry_yew is offline   Reply With Quote
Miracle_seed
Super Moderator
Forum Moderator

#93 Old 20-07-2009 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry_yew View Post
Well, pardon my language, but "like hell they care!" Everything is for political mileage. Forget about the people's welfare; just give them what they want even though it will lead them to their ruin. After all when they're ruined, I won't be living anymore. So what the heck?

But have the comfort, louis8_8wang, of knowing that you're right.
They don't care, because their children are not studying in government schools, it's either international schools or overseas, this issue concerns everyone but not them...

Miracles happen everyday
Miracle_seed is offline   Reply With Quote
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#94 Old 20-07-2009 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle_seed View Post
They don't care, because their children are not studying in government schools, it's either international schools or overseas, this issue concerns everyone but not them...
Oh, I wasn't referring to the parents whose children are overseas or in international schools, I was referring to the policy-makers.
ReCom Addict
Administrator

#95 Old 20-07-2009 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

I guess Miracle_seed means the policy makers (= BN leaders) send their children to international schools.

Check out our ReCom wiki!
Do contribute by writing or editing the existing articles so that everyone now and in the future can benefit from it!
youngyew is offline   Reply With Quote
henry_yew Male
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#96 Old 20-07-2009 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

Right... I see your points now....
Less Junior Member

#97 Old 21-07-2009 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngyew View Post
I guess Miracle_seed means the policy makers (= BN leaders) send their children to international schools.
humh, just a little bit curious. Is that a fact or an opinion?

If that's true, then it is going to be very sarcastic. Striving hard to "improve" the education system and policies, they send their children to the international school instead of government school.

actually, I'm not very clear about the education system of international school. but i think it is common knowledge that the fee is very expensive

#98 Old 21-07-2009 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

Quote:
humh, just a little bit curious. Is that a fact or an opinion?

If that's true, then it is going to be very sarcastic. Striving hard to "improve" the education system and policies, they send their children to the international school instead of government school.

actually, I'm not very clear about the education system of international school. but i think it is common knowledge that the fee is very expensive
Unfortunately, yes. Most BN big gun send their children to international school or oversea school instead. Najib is one good example - he never been through the Malaysian education system. He was educated in London.
davidchak is offline   Reply With Quote
louis8_8wang Male
Less Junior Member

#99 Old 22-07-2009 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

frankly, i would not know Najib was educated in London by judging him through the way he doing work if no one tell me about that.

back to the topic, those leaders who in charge of this controversial issue must know that the future of the new generation should come first because this is going to be the biggest modal of our country in the coming few years.
The Iron Boot
ReMag Writer
Forum Moderator

#100 Old 22-07-2009 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidchak View Post
Unfortunately, yes. Most BN big gun send their children to international school or oversea school instead. Najib is one good example - he never been through the Malaysian education system. He was educated in London.
I believe that's not correct. Najib was educated in St. John's Institution, Kuala Lumpur, for his primary and secondary school education. He went through the Malaysian education system, although it would not be the system that we go through today.

He received his tertiary education from the University of Nottingham, England.

Quote:
frankly, i would not know Najib was educated in London by judging him through the way he doing work if no one tell me about that.
There's no use receiving education from another country like the United States or the United Kingdom if the mentality of the politicians and the people are that of the most undeveloped nations of the world.