ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Malaysia Today

Malaysia Today Discussion about issues related to Malaysian politics and economy.

Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

Cactus Male

#121 Old 14-10-2011 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte13 View Post
I don't mean to be rude but stop using curse language. It's not as if you can't visualize your anger for us in using curse words. We understand that much. I may not be within my zone to comment on the choice of language my seniors are using, but think about the impression of foul language by an educated young adult on younger teens and children visiting this forum. Thank you.
I apologize.

In order to show this on the most recent page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyte13 View Post
I don't mean to be rude but stop using curse language. It's not as if you can't visualize your anger for us in using curse words. We understand that much. I may not be within my zone to comment on the choice of language my seniors are using, but think about the impression of foul language by an educated young adult on younger teens and children visiting this forum. Thank you.

Very saddening to see that our PM's approach to unity is to be united under one language. Not the idea of unity I would hope for, considering it should be my liberal rights to be educated in the language that I want.

Then again, don't go barking up the current policy going to be implemented unless we have a better idea. Of course English is the supposed to be the better idea. Question is, is it within the feasible limit of the government to implement it anyway ?

Even if we have seen slight but promising improvements in the last 4 years switching to English medium, let's not forget the government was still struggling to fulfill that policy. Lack of good and qualified teachers was one thing, constant assessment and check-ups would have been just well out of reach for the government resources to spend on. I wouldn't be surprised if out of 10 schools you would randomly ask, at least 5 come back to you with a reply that English is taught in a half-past 6 manner or mixed in with other languages to facilitate the weaker(and possibly the less attentive) students. Not to mention, these teachers from their respective training centers (Maktab) still place importance in dishing out training with the national language. The gist of the problem is that government doesn't not have the right resources to combat the crux of the problem.

HOWEVER, it is saddening to see though that they choose to ignore that as the reason why they need to switch back to BM, on the cover that the English syllabus is under-performing. Saving the DPM/Education Minister's face? I hope for those of you affected severely by this policy, that you do not just sit around complaining. Do something about it by even writing simple letters of complaint to the government. Request that your teachers be more alert of their wrong methods of teaching English.

Last edited by Cactus; 14-10-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus For This Useful Post:
Voltman Male
Super Junior Member

#122 Old 27-08-2012 Default Re: Teaching of Science and Mathematics in BM year 2012

Wow, took me a couple of hours to read all this...

Interesting thread.

Hopefully, they will change it back to English soon.
Voltman is offline   Reply With Quote