ReCom.org
The Business World From the stock market to the old school barter system

Financial Planning

Salvation

#51 Old 19-01-2008 Default

Are you bumi? I hate to bring in the race factor in, but unless you're a bumi, it's very hard to buy Amanah Saham.

A good alternative I think would be Public Mutual. I think that they have some good people managing their fund, the only b?mol is that they charge EXTREMELY high entrance fees.

The thing you can do is to invest a certain amount of money each month, say RM 200 per month. Sit back and watch your investment grow. The question in financial planning is not how much you earn, but how much you save regularly.
Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#52 Old 19-01-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvation
Are you bumi? I hate to bring in the race factor in, but unless you're a bumi, it's very hard to buy Amanah Saham.

A good alternative I think would be Public Mutual. I think that they have some good people managing their fund, the only b?mol is that they charge EXTREMELY high entrance fees.

The thing you can do is to invest a certain amount of money each month, say RM 200 per month. Sit back and watch your investment grow. The question in financial planning is not how much you earn, but how much you save regularly.
nah,i am chinese. thanks for the words.

i plan to buy unit trusts or invest on friend's business. =)
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
Al-Bert

#53 Old 21-01-2008 Default

Bear in mind that unit trusts won't guarantee you the profit on your fund... The performance of the fund can go up and go down due to many factors... So, analysis of fund before investment is imperative!

Investing friend's business is even risky... Could they be trusted? Will interest conflict occur in future? Since you gotta go back to your study after several months, you wouldn't have much time to continue the checking on business.... this would be a disadvantage for you as an investment partner!

Hence, i'm strongly suggest that you invest the money earned from somewhere into building your financial knowledge and wisdom by joining financial seminar or buying financial-related books... You could enhance your financial planning skill in this way which will certainly come in handy in the future!
Al-Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Caprio

#54 Old 30-03-2008 Default

I wonder if anyone here has started financial planning for his future? Mind to share what is your plan?
Caprio is offline   Reply With Quote
starlemon
Slightly Senior Member

#55 Old 31-03-2008 Default

Investment? unit trust?
Xon. i think it is a bit early for u to start thinking of investment?
Didnt tat our age is not enough to invest in such a risky business world?
I thought we must be over 21 then oni can we start investing?
starlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Caprio

#56 Old 31-03-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlemon View Post
Investment? unit trust?
It is never too early to start investing, at least in my point of view.

For those beginners, I think it is better for us to buy mutual fund, unit trust, REIT before venturing into the world of investing like the stock market and FOREX.

Hope to see some experts here share their experience about investing.
Al-Bert

#57 Old 31-03-2008 Default

Consult chenchow or thirdshifter....

-Based on my experience on reading their posts in ReCom, I'm pretty sure that they must be the sophisticated investors with lots experiences and information in regard to investment...

**I'm currently investing in my education field... Let me know if you wish to know my experience in making education investment... LOL!

#58 Old 31-03-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Bert View Post
Consult chenchow or thirdshifter....

-Based on my experience on reading their posts in ReCom, I'm pretty sure that they must be the sophisticated investors with lots experiences and information in regard to investment...

**I'm currently investing in my education field... Let me know if you wish to know my experience in making education investment... LOL!
Haha... does that mean you are educating yourself in the investment world by reading, studying... things like that?
Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#59 Old 01-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlemon View Post
Investment? unit trust?
there is no such thingy as too early or too late in financial planning. =D

Al Bert,do you mind share it out?

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
Al-Bert

#60 Old 01-04-2008 Default

I have read Rich Dad Poor Dad books(the book about financial planning).. Below are my comments about the books:

I like Kiyosaki's idea but there are too many fantasies about getting rich in his books...

He made getting rich sounds so much easier than it really is...

He made it sounds like wealth could be achieved fast without/with little effort and risk only...

He made education sounds very much less valuable than it really is...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Xon, do you think the same way like me after reading this books?

Btw, I mean i'm currently investing in my higher education ( now A-lvl ), nothing to do with investment world..... I have zero experience in investment world...

Edit: I came across a site which might be useful for those beginners in stock market.
http://www.investopedia.com/

Last edited by Al-Bert; 01-04-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Al-Bert is offline   Reply With Quote