ReCom.org
The Business World From the stock market to the old school barter system

Financial Planning

Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#61 Old 01-04-2008 Default comment from someone regarding Kiyosaki's book

i am somehow influeced by him not until my friend give me this link...

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

we gonna make the wise judgements everytime we read a book....

thanks for the link,Al-bert.

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.
Xon is offline   Reply With Quote
Al-Bert

#62 Old 01-04-2008 Default

I came across this link too several weeks ago too... ^^

However I personally think that John was merely trying to promote his books by criticising Kiyosaki's books... So, i just extracted some of John's ideas which i feel the same way!

Still, I reckon Rich Dad Poor Dad as a really fantastic book...

It taught me lots about financial planning ( despite a bit unrealistic )...

Are there any ReCommer having cashflow 202 game ? Lesson in this book is incomplete without this game... I would like to play...
lazy bunny
Administrator

#63 Old 01-04-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Bert View Post
I came across this link too several weeks ago too... ^^

However I personally think that John was merely trying to promote his books by criticising Kiyosaki's books... So, i just extracted some of John's ideas which i feel the same way!

Still, I reckon Rich Dad Poor Dad as a really fantastic book...

It taught me lots about financial planning ( despite a bit unrealistic )...

Are there any ReCommer having cashflow 202 game ? Lesson in this book is incomplete without this game... I would like to play...

thanks for your comment. we think alike.

the cashflow game,i am desperately looking for it too....

Federation of Malaysia is formed by Sarawak, North Borneo, Malaya (and Singapore) by 16 Sept 1963. It has nothing to do with 31 Aug 1957. Just saying.
Caprio

#64 Old 01-04-2008 Default

Yeah... agree whole-heartedly that we should have a critical mind when reading. There is always something for us to learn in a book.

In Rich Dad Poor Dad, there are so many promotions about his own products. Haha... the most promoted product is the Cashflow game. I think we can buy it here in Malaysia. Try your luck on eBay.

Other than this book, which other financial books have you read?

Share here! Let's discuss and see!
Caprio is offline   Reply With Quote
nhling Male

#65 Old 08-04-2008 Default

I have read the Robert Kiyosaki's books. I admit there are too many fantasies without much reliable information on the way to get rich. Can anyone recommend any book on investing? I like to do some self-learning on them.
nhling is offline   Reply With Quote
Xon
lazy bunny
Administrator

#66 Old 22-05-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhling View Post
I have read the Robert Kiyosaki's books. I admit there are too many fantasies without much reliable information on the way to get rich. Can anyone recommend any book on investing? I like to do some self-learning on them.
recommend : The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham. i havent read this. ><

anyone on thier financial plannings routes now??? share some thoughts or experiences ler...

syamil_1 Male
Slightly Senior Member

#67 Old 22-05-2008 Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlemon View Post
Investment? unit trust?
Xon. i think it is a bit early for u to start thinking of investment?
Didnt tat our age is not enough to invest in such a risky business world?
I thought we must be over 21 then oni can we start investing?
Nah who said so, you can start investing even at the age of 15 haha. Anyway, I think that Public Mutual is a good option for students or those who intend to invest in a small scale (or even big scale). Try to look into their growth fund, all you have to do is pay some amount of entrance fee and bank in a minimum of rm100 every month. The thing about public mutual is that they charge 6.5 percent of administrative fee everytime you add on your investment. Say you invest a thousand more, and they will deduct 6.5 percent from that value. But their return is quite high depending on the type of fund you choose (but if you consider the admin cost its more or less the same with some other bank).

And one more thing, if you want a higher margin of return, they buy the units when the price is low, unit trust is a medium to long term investment and in this case, you wont lose your money unless you decided to sell those units when the price is lower than during the time you bought it. Fixed deposit is more for those who have lots of cash and want to invest in a short period but normally the return isnt that high, around 3-4 percent if im not mistaken (depending on which bank).

#68 Old 16-06-2008 Default Index Fund

Does anyone know about Index Fund? Currently I'm reading a book called 'The Little Book of Common Sense In Investing' by John C. Bogle. It presents many facts that Index Fund is reliable and profitable in the long term. Even the current world richest man Warrent Buffet has positive view on this fund. Can anyone voice their opinion on the Index Fund in M'sia? Thanks very much.
nhling is offline   Reply With Quote
nadia.g Female

#69 Old 16-06-2008 Default

Azizi Ali's series of jutawan books
Less Junior Member

#70 Old 07-08-2008 Smile

anyone has idea on how 2 use RM15000 to make profit which is available only now till before jan next year?
jackfook is offline   Reply With Quote