ReCom.org
The Business World From the stock market to the old school barter system

Financial Planning

Athersin

#81 Old 11-06-2009 Default Re: Financial Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by syamil_1 View Post
Nah who said so, you can start investing even at the age of 15 haha. Anyway, I think that Public Mutual is a good option for students or those who intend to invest in a small scale (or even big scale). Try to look into their growth fund, all you have to do is pay some amount of entrance fee and bank in a minimum of rm100 every month. The thing about public mutual is that they charge 6.5 percent of administrative fee everytime you add on your investment. Say you invest a thousand more, and they will deduct 6.5 percent from that value. But their return is quite high depending on the type of fund you choose (but if you consider the admin cost its more or less the same with some other bank).

And one more thing, if you want a higher margin of return, they buy the units when the price is low, unit trust is a medium to long term investment and in this case, you wont lose your money unless you decided to sell those units when the price is lower than during the time you bought it. Fixed deposit is more for those who have lots of cash and want to invest in a short period but normally the return isnt that high, around 3-4 percent if im not mistaken (depending on which bank).

i am interested in investing on public mutual fund..

could anyone provide any steps to me on how to begin investing?

Does it safe to start investing at early age?
Less Junior Member

#82 Old 16-06-2009 Default Re: Financial Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athersin View Post

i am interested too.... but i am onli 17... left few month to 18... am i eligible to invest?? btw, if i wan to invest on Public Mutual Fund, i hv to go to there by myself?? any advise pls...
Casperloo is offline   Reply With Quote
nickvl
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#83 Old 16-06-2009 Default Re: Financial Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperloo View Post
i am interested too.... but i am onli 17... left few month to 18... am i eligible to invest?? btw, if i wan to invest on Public Mutual Fund, i hv to go to there by myself?? any advise pls...
Why don't you do it but join with parents' name? When u turn 18 automatically transfer to your name...i think

Best to ask staff there to assist you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athersin View Post

Ask your parents for assistance...it's good to start early because these sort of investments only bear fruit after a long period of time unlike shares.

It's much more 'safer' than shares and you must be in it for long-term

Last edited by nickvl; 16-06-2009 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
nickvl is offline   Reply With Quote
ifa Female
Super Junior Member

#84 Old 07-07-2009 Default Re: Financial Planning

Yes..I absolutely agree.. We need to plan then we can have a better life... Anyway, I would like to share this clip about economy with u guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DClyXxtXQJM
ifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Athersin

#85 Old 23-07-2009 Default Re: Financial Planning

anyone from university can share their experience of investing in any large corporation?
What kind of benefits u can get? and mind to give some tips on that?
Super Junior Member

#86 Old 26-07-2009 Default Re: Financial Planning

My Message about growing money:

If you want to have fast money, do shares.
The return to risk ratio is relatively high compared to others (unittrust, FD blablabla,forex, this is only if you are playing direct money)
Now is the golden opportunity cuz of the global crisis.
For all potential investors, please pray that the economy will continue to reach the ground floor...
ryantea is offline   Reply With Quote
yekban81 Male

#87 Old 26-07-2009 Default Re: Financial Planning

Here's the magic number:
72 / % rate of return = years required to double your original investment
If you put your money into a saving account with 0.5% interest, you will get a double of your initial deposit after 144years! Haha..

"I'm convinced that ATTITUDE is the key to success/failure in almost any of life's endeavors. " ~Carolyn Warner
yekban81 is offline   Reply With Quote
fdisale Male
Super Junior Member

#88 Old 18-12-2009 Default Re: Financial Planning

Planning your finances has several advantages. Whether you do it on your own or you hire someone, the main thing is to know that a good plan can can take care of many issues created by bad debts or previous mistakes. To make the maximum benefit of financial planning, it is must to do it properly and take complete control of your situation.
decimator
Super Junior Member

#89 Old 19-12-2009 Default Re: Financial Planning

For newcomers, just avoid mutual fund as possible. The high commisions is going to mess you up. I looked at the Malaysian Mutual Fund industry and I found out that most of them have done pretty poorly. Most of them did not beat the market. You are better off investing in an Index Fund which buys all stocks in FBMKLCI. If you are going to lose money in this game, believe me, it is a better feeling to lose it yourself. Mutual Fund is one of the fastest way to poor house. Also, never believe what the analysts say about a particular company or industry. You can refer but always do your own research!

The Malaysian Stock Market is a very good arena to hunt for dividend stocks. There are many companies which pay more than 4% annual dividend without fail. That is double the interest rate in your deposit account already. However, Malaysia is a bad place to look for growth stocks. I mean the true growth stocks which are not cyclical. You might use the glove industry to refute my argument but mind you, the glove industry belongs to the cyclicals not growth!

I have read an article that the average earnings growth for the listed Malaysian companies is about 17%. Assuming that the growth rate stays constant, you are unlikely to compound your money more than 17% annually in the long run (30 or 40 years) if you have invested in FBMKLCI, unless you are a very very good stock picker.

Newcomers are advisable to invest in blue chips or stalwarts. But, the fundamentals are kings. Know everything about the company which you are going to invest your money in. Read their annual reports and look up for their latest news on the Internet.

Malaysians can open a brokerage account when they are 18. However, you can always use your parents' account if they are comfortable with it. Lastly, I am 19 anyway and is still taking my lessons off the market.
decimator is offline   Reply With Quote
sugan Male

#90 Old 19-12-2009 Default Re: Financial Planning

so, explain, do your own Research?

is it looking for yourself , the information you need?
________
WEB SHOWS

Last edited by sugan; 14-09-2011 at 04:26 PM.
sugan is offline   Reply With Quote