ReCom.org
Portal Page Forum Wiki Social Groups Scholarship Holders Infobase Site Map About
Go Back   ReCom.org > Forum > ReCom Cafe > Debates

Debates Nothing senseless here. Argue your points and stands here.

Is 'Malaysia Today' sub-forum a snapshot of...

CelineD Female
ReCom Staff
ReMag Writer

#11 Old 22-03-2012 Default Re: Is 'Malaysia Today' sub-forum a snapshot of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilehoe View Post

IMO, the quality of education, flair of language, general knowledge of the Malaysian youth has only increased over the years. Just that the sheer number of alternative forums/sites available has diluted the percentage in ReCom. Like a vicious cycle, the dearth of the ideal "Malaysian Today (MT)" topics would not attract MT posters and vice versa. I think that Malaysian Today subforum is not representative of today's youth.

There are many people who check in daily, but when the topics discussed are less interesting, they leave unnoticed. The way I see it, if there are more people bringing up issues (the kind you often bring up =P ) then recom would be as vibrant as ever.
For current issues and everything else I see a lot of people go to Lowyat and all those alternative media forums like malaysiakini, malaysiatoday, TNG...for those political stuff. here is an education forum, so a random search finds education the most talked about topic here. Education always pops up in the latest post forum (like a niche topic). and I seriously think we can capitalize on that.

besides, there may be those who are interested but...see the forums not active, think "no one will reply me" and then forget the idea.

Here's my blog/writing wonderland: Deb's Ink Trail

nice to meet you :D
Twitter
CelineD is offline   Reply With Quote